Value of: Trenin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
He's well liked by most Nashville fans. A really solid bottom 6 guy that contributes most areas. He is physical, can fight when needed, good PK guy, but hasn't quite hit the offensive ability most of us would have hoped. I think he's a guy most of us would prefer to keep around, although I feel we do have potential to replace him internally if needed. I think if he's not wanting to resign then we would expect to get a 2nd rounder for him and maybe even a throw in prospect.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He's well liked by most Nashville fans. A really solid bottom 6 guy that contributes most areas. He is physical, can fight when needed, good PK guy, but hasn't quite hit the offensive ability most of us would have hoped. I think he's a guy most of us would prefer to keep around, although I feel we do have potential to replace him internally if needed. I think if he's not wanting to resign then we would expect to get a 2nd rounder for him and maybe even a throw in prospect.
I think Trenin would fetch that. a 2nd + B prospect.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think Trenin would fetch that. a 2nd + B prospect.
I assume the ask would be a late 1st from a contender, but not sure if he'd get that. I don't see him as that different than Jeannot to be honest. Jeannot had that year that looks like it was an anomaly, but in a normal year they are very similar in play style and attributes.

So I guess we should ask for an entire draft class. ;)

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
he had a rough start but seems back to what is expected of him now. a jeannot return would be beautiful but I'd settle for a 2nd a prospect or late 1st, as others have stated. i think he cashes out this summer and the preds wont have the cap to keep him

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
he had a rough start but seems back to what is expected of him now. a jeannot return would be beautiful but I'd settle for a 2nd a prospect or late 1st, as others have stated. i think he cashes out this summer and the preds wont have the cap to keep him
If the Preds don't keep him it'll be because he's priced himself beyond the value he provides in their estimation or they feel strongly about promoting from within. They aren't anything close to cap strapped.

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
If the Preds don't keep him it'll be because he's priced himself beyond the value he provides in their estimation or they feel strongly about promoting from within. They aren't anything close to cap strapped.
I disagree. Duchene buyout counts over $5.5m against next season (only $2.5m this year) and $6.5m the season after. Johansen, Ekholm, and Turris still on the books for over $6m....thats $11m in dead cap for 24/25. Novak, Tomasino, Parssinen coming off ELCs, Sherwood, Smith, Fabbro and Carrier needing raises...it's gonna be tight. There's a reason Trotz left such a cushion for this year

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Jeannot was set to be an RFA. The extra year of control, at minimum, is what made him that valuable.

Trenin has an attractive frame and playstyle, but his production is Bottom 6. A 1st has had more buying power than that historically.

Nick Paul is a good recent comparable. That was Joseph, a younger 4th line type, and a 4th. A 2nd and a b-prospect would be reasonable.

Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
His low counting stats will keep his next deal perfectly reasonable IMO. Or at least is should.

Every contender will line up with a 2nd to add him to their third line - so it would really come down the “+” and it may also depend on the team. I can guarantee you there are some teams out there who may look at him as a guy they can squeeze more offense out of and may pay to take that gamble. Nashville has tended to be a counting stats graveyard and Trenin is surprisingly skilled, way more than most physical, rough and tumble third liners. Just a matter of offensive IQ imo.

Jeannot was set to be an RFA. The extra year of control, at minimum, is what made him that valuable.

Trenin has an attractive frame and playstyle, but his production is Bottom 6. A 1st has had more buying power than that historically.

Nick Paul is a good recent comparable. That was Joseph, a younger 4th line type, and a 4th. A 2nd and a b-prospect would be reasonable.

Paul seems like a great comp here.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I disagree. Duchene buyout counts over $5.5m against next season (only $2.5m this year) and $6.5m the season after. Johansen, Ekholm, and Turris still on the books for over $6m....thats $11m in dead cap for 24/25. Novak, Tomasino, Parssinen coming off ELCs, Sherwood, Smith, Fabbro and Carrier needing raises...it's gonna be tight. There's a reason Trotz left such a cushion for this year
How many of those guys are getting real raises? I know it's a lot of names, but I don't think any of them are commanding big bucks. I also expect one or both of Fabbro and Carrier to be gone and I see no reason to overpay to get Sherwood back. Novak is the guy that COULD be an issue, but if he doesn't heat back up he's probably not getting the big payout we were all thinking.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think it comes down to what he is asking for and if we are still in a playoff spot. If we are then I don't look for Trotz to move him.

I think we have several guys that fit that same situation.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad