Management Travis Green [Head Coach]

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Evason was a guy in the running here so it will be interesting to compare these two coaches.

Reactions: Icelevel

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Evason was a guy in the running here so it will be interesting to compare these two coaches.
Could be very interesting with how he handles their young developing players.

I think he's a good coach and would have been a good option here . He is stern and very defensive

Reactions: DJB and Cosmix

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
He’s got nothing. Green had a bad record with a terrible roster. Is Green the right coach, nobody knows, but pretending his stint in Vancouver is a harbinger of things to come is stupid.
Its not really stupid to say the Sens needed an experienced coach

Could this work out?

Yes

But why are we still taking gambles on this, if it doesnt work out these young players get set back even more.

Reactions: Cosmix

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Noticed that as well. He was very jittery. I think his leg was bouncing or something.
Yeah he’s got like a hundred questions for the guests but has to sit quiet like a kid in primary school while Wally bores everyone to death.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJB

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Could this work out?

Yes

But why are we still taking gambles on this, if it doesnt work out these young players get set back even more.
Every coach has risk.

Boudreau had over 1000 games and 600 career wins with one of the best w% all time, but he crapped the bed in Vancouver,

Meanwhile, Tochett came in with a virtually no successful track record and has Vancouver winning

The reality is evaluating a coach properly requires more than just looking at the results their former teams got.

Some of the top coaches in the league last year had limited experience when hired by their teams, Montgomery, Tochett, Bednar, Cooper, Brindamour. These guys weren't hired because they had a long track record, they were hired because they showed they have the right skill set and plan to be successful. That's not something you can evaluate on hockey DB.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

I think he's a good coach and would have been a good option here . He is stern and very defensive

I like how he’s not overly enthusiastic because he knows how much work and discipline is in front of these guys. The only time Travis Green seems to come alive is when he was talking about Comptetiveness and compete - I love that. He only embraces and has enthusiasm for the hard stuff and this team needs that, want to impress him then do something hard and not something talented

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Yup and his teams have made the playoffs each year he’s been HC I think.

He was my top choice amongst the known group of candidates we spoke with

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Could this work out?

Yes

There is no such thing as a coach who is not a gamble. Everyone wanted Berube but his record was not great other than taking over mid season and winning a Cup. He rode the new coach bounce but it’s not a stellar coaching career.

Reactions: Crosside

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
why not throw a monkey wrench!

Has anyone seen Joel Quenneville's coaching record?

It is f***ing good.
Only 1 season below 0.500.
14 season of 0.600 (or awfully close, like 0.598) or better
11 seasons of at least 1 playoff round won
6 conference finals
3 cups

25 seasons coached.

Ouch!!! what a legacy that he torched and what an opportunity 32 teams have lost.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
why not throw a monkey wrench!

Has anyone seen Joel Quenneville's coaching record?

It is f***ing good.
Only 1 season below 0.500.
14 season of 0.600 (or awfully close, like 0.598) or better
11 seasons of at least 1 playoff round won
6 conference finals
3 cups

25 seasons coached.

Ouch!!! what a legacy that he torched and what an opportunity 32 teams have lost.
If only he wasn’t suspended 3 months ago I guess eh.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
There is no such thing as a coach who is not a gamble. Everyone wanted Berube but his record was not great other than taking over mid season and winning a Cup. He rode the new coach bounce but it’s not a stellar coaching career.
I don't recall "everybody" wanting Berube as the Senator's coach.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
open can of gasoline, pour it on dry hay, ignite... Methods to legacy preserving by Joel Q. E-book version available now at Amazon.
Still not sure if you wanted him or not, after your posts, first sounded like you did, now sounds like you don’t.
It’s hard to tell with you’re off topic rants.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Every coach has risk.

Boudreau had over 1000 games and 600 career wins with one of the best w% all time, but he crapped the bed in Vancouver,

Meanwhile, Tochett came in with a virtually no successful track record and has Vancouver winning

The reality is evaluating a coach properly requires more than just looking at the results their former teams got.

Some of the top coaches in the league last year had limited experience when hired by their teams, Montgomery, Tochett, Bednar, Cooper, Brindamour. These guys weren't hired because they had a long track record, they were hired because they showed they have the right skill set and plan to be successful. That's not something you can evaluate on hockey DB.
Yes but thats a very rare t hing to happen at some point the Sens need to hire a coach and have him implement a system that works for years

I don't want a coach that's a MAYBE we dont need that

We need a sure thing someone to light a fire under these players ass

This is not Travis Green

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yes but thats a very rare t hing to happen at some point the Sens need to hire a coach and have him implement a system that works for years

This is not Travis Green
I’m not seeing, any reasons or facts here, or anything to support your case, other than ‘cause’ so far.
Why can’t Green light a fire?
I think we’ll know in a year, how he does.
Who were you hiring this off season,?

Reactions: OD99 and bert

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend

This is not Travis Green

All coaches are a maybe. They hired who they thought was the best candidate. Let's see if he can help this team forge an identity and start playing a consistent game.

Reactions: Mars

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

This is not Travis Green
There are no sure things. Coaches records are correlated far more strongly to the caliber of the roster than anything else.

When we fired Martin in 04, he went to Florida and missed the playoff 3 straight years after a decade of success with us. McLellan was seen as a great coach after his success with SJ then had an underwhelming run with EDM making the playoffs in 1 of his 5 years there, , Darryl Sutter did squat in his last run with Cgy. When the Leafs hired Wilson, then Carlyle, I'm sure they thought they had a sure thing. Coaches can only do so much, sure things don't exist.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00