PTO: [EDM] Travis Dermott signs PTO with the Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I didn't realize he played 50 games last season.

Interestingly, his rookie season was probably his best. I think he's a guy who needs some confidence to play well and take some degree of risk. He had a lot of that coached out of him, but at the same time most teams don't want a smallish defenseman on their bottom-pair.

Wishing him the best and hope he can grab a roster spot.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You actually think a defence with 1 NHLer, A PWHLer, an ECHLer, and 3 AHLers is good enough? The Oilers have the worst blueline in the history of the league and Dermott is a massive upgrade as a tweener who can handle limited NHL minutes in an emergency.
Who’s the PWHLer ? As far as I know, and I may be wrong but all the players on the oilers are male.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Lindholm and Zadarov were arguably the Canucks best forward and D in the Oilers series, losing both is going to be tough for them I think.
They were both good but dont make it sound like they were irreplaceable. Zadorov was good in playoffs but was meh in regular season, so we did downgrade in D but Debrusk, Heinin, Spring and Sherwood would more than replace the loss of Lindholm who also sucked in regular season but was good in playoffs. At the end of the day Zadorov aint a regular top 4 D but would be effective as a 5th D in playoffs and regular season. I still would not pay Zadorov 5 mil eventhough i like his toughness. His defense is still a bit iffy imo.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Who’s the PWHLer ? As far as I know, and I may be wrong but all the players on the oilers are male.
you'll have to forgive Oleksiak, he's under the impression that a guy that finished 5th in Norris voting doesn't have a place in this league. Pray for the less fortunate like him.

Well you signed one of our "AHL pylons" in Desharnais to play as a NHL regular. Maybe Canucks aren't as good as you think.
They aren't. Vancouver's defence is worse than Edmonton's. Forbort, Desharnais, and Soucy are all massive net negatives offensively and couldn't move the puck with a wheelbarrow. They're going to get hemmed in a lot and they won't have Demko to save them.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad