Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Lysell not on the ice and not in the group of guys getting a maintenance day, assume that means he's on the outside looking in. And I think the fact that they didn't give him a single second with an actual NHL caliber center means he likely never had a real shot. Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

Unfortunate if that's the case. I think Lysell played well for himself. Shot was so-so IMO but I really liked the touches he put on his passes. Good playmaking ability and his speed made him a constant threat on the ice.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Lindholm's skating looks like it did his first full year here. Last year, it looked like he was struggling to get his feet moving.

Zaddy will be floated around a lot depending on what needs to be done. I wouldn't read into practice pairings all that much - I see both he, Lindholm, and Lohrei to be rotating with the fixed RHD ( McAvoy, Carlo, Peeke ).
Last year he looked injured and there were rumors he was injured so I took it as a guy putting the team first and playing through it. I always feel like fans are unreasonably tough on guys who play through injury.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Sorry in advance cause I’m sure it’s already been addressed Wally. But why are the Kings hanging out in Canada and playing east coast teams in the preseason?

Their venue is undergoing renovation.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Lysell not on the ice and not in the group of guys getting a maintenance day, assume that means he's on the outside looking in. And I think the fact that they didn't give him a single second with an actual NHL caliber center means he likely never had a real shot. Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

This is what I was talking about back when TyJo signed, and people said "There's literally no down side!!!" and "If the youngens can't beat him out they don't deserve a spot."

This is the way front offices and coaches work. Nobody here can say that TyJo (and a few other vets) outplayed Lysell. Yet here we (apparently) are. This post should be pinned every August when the inevitable ptos are handed out and people say there's no downside.

Reactions: Smitty93

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BOSTON – Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, September 29, the following roster transactions:
Marc McLaughlin has been placed on waivers for the purpose of assignment to Providence.

Joey Abate, Drew Bavaro, Ryan Bischel, Frederic Brunet, Michael Callahan, Riley Duran, Jackson Edward, John Farinacci, Brett Harrison, Trevor Kuntar, Fabian Lysell, Nolan Maier, Ryan Mast, Adam Mechura, Georgii Merkulov, Mason Millman and Jaxon Nelson will report to Providence Bruins training camp.

Kasimir Kaskisuo has been released from his PTO and will report to Providence Bruins training camp.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Team needing scoring help sends down top prospect even after he looked like one of the best players on the ice for two games. Classic Bruins decision making. I don’t know why I’m surprised at this point, seems like this org is allergic to addressing scoring needs.

Reactions: dugg133

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This is what I was talking about back when TyJo signed, and people said "There's literally no down side!!!" and "If the youngens can't beat him out they don't deserve a spot."

This is the way front offices and coaches work. Nobody here can say that TyJo (and a few other vets) outplayed Lysell. Yet here we (apparently) are. This post should be pinned every August when the inevitable ptos are handed out and people say there's no downside.

Its the NHL, not high school tryouts.

Rookies have to really be impressive to win a job in pre-season.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Welp- sure hope Tyler Johnson still has some tread of his tires because it's pretty clear the Bs prioritize experience over potential

Sending down Lysell with three games to play after pairing him with slugs is - to be kind- head scratching, Not sure how avoiding head shots from career AHLers is going to further his development.

Reactions: dugg133

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
BOSTON – Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, September 29, the following roster transactions:
Marc McLaughlin has been placed on waivers for the purpose of assignment to Providence.

Joey Abate, Drew Bavaro, Ryan Bischel, Frederic Brunet, Michael Callahan, Riley Duran, Jackson Edward, John Farinacci, Brett Harrison, Trevor Kuntar, Fabian Lysell, Nolan Maier, Ryan Mast, Adam Mechura, Georgii Merkulov, Mason Millman and Jaxon Nelson will report to Providence Bruins training camp.

Kasimir Kaskisuo has been released from his PTO and will report to Providence Bruins training camp.
I like #45...Cole Koepke. Are they still looking at him??

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
To send down Lysell w/o having him play with Coyle and March is dumb, dumb, dumb. Some players play better with better players. I'm not saying he would, but this isn't the way to find out. SHL is in his future at this pace.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Both Lysell and Merkulov have areas of their game to work on. Send then down with instructions on what they need to do, have them go out and work on those areas. It's a long season there will be call ups. Then even if they are called up because of injury on emergency basis and light it up for 3 or 5 games they still may be sent back down. Not because they played bad but because of roster, cap, and waivers.
At that point it up to the kid to force Boston's hand. But the experience is indispensable to their game. Tell them to keep their eyes on the prise of being with the big club at the end of the season if they work hard and play well.

Brown and Johnson are both safe moves at the moment if they stay with the team. It's still training camp. Brown is what he is, you know what you're getting. Johnson has had some very good years and brings experience and leadership of a veteran. Both players will not make the same mistakes a raw rookie will make. But at this point neither is a difference maker and may not bring more offensively than the kids would have, but they both know NHL situations and defensive responsibilities. Brown is currently a place holder and may not even make the team. Johnson they may be hoping to tap into one more productive season.

Meanwhile the kids work on their game until Boston figures out the main roster. It's a long season and what we see opening night in all likelihood will not be what we see come the start of the playoffs. So relax and let things run their cousre.

Last edited:

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Like I’ve said waiver eligible plays a huge part in the decision making at this time of year. Whether we like it or not.
even if this is true, abslutely zero justification to not give Lysell a few more preseason games with an actual nhl caliber center. He earned that much.

Reactions: the negotiator

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
even if this is true, abslutely zero justification to not give Lysell a few more preseason games with an actual nhl caliber center. He earned that much.

Not if the plan is to send him down regardless. The last couple of preseason games will be used to get the final roster guys going. Like I said it sucks . Doesnt appeal to fairness. But should be expected in a Cap world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad