Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Lysell not on the ice and not in the group of guys getting a maintenance day, assume that means he's on the outside looking in. And I think the fact that they didn't give him a single second with an actual NHL caliber center means he likely never had a real shot. Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

Unfortunate if that's the case. I think Lysell played well for himself. Shot was so-so IMO but I really liked the touches he put on his passes. Good playmaking ability and his speed made him a constant threat on the ice.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Lindholm's skating looks like it did his first full year here. Last year, it looked like he was struggling to get his feet moving.

Zaddy will be floated around a lot depending on what needs to be done. I wouldn't read into practice pairings all that much - I see both he, Lindholm, and Lohrei to be rotating with the fixed RHD ( McAvoy, Carlo, Peeke ).
Last year he looked injured and there were rumors he was injured so I took it as a guy putting the team first and playing through it. I always feel like fans are unreasonably tough on guys who play through injury.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Sorry in advance cause I’m sure it’s already been addressed Wally. But why are the Kings hanging out in Canada and playing east coast teams in the preseason?

Their venue is undergoing renovation.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Lysell not on the ice and not in the group of guys getting a maintenance day, assume that means he's on the outside looking in. And I think the fact that they didn't give him a single second with an actual NHL caliber center means he likely never had a real shot. Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

This is what I was talking about back when TyJo signed, and people said "There's literally no down side!!!" and "If the youngens can't beat him out they don't deserve a spot."

This is the way front offices and coaches work. Nobody here can say that TyJo (and a few other vets) outplayed Lysell. Yet here we (apparently) are. This post should be pinned every August when the inevitable ptos are handed out and people say there's no downside.

Reactions: Smitty93

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
f***ing baffling to send lysell down with 9 days and 3 preseason games until opening without giving a chance with an actual NHL caliber center. Organizational stupidity.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BOSTON – Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, September 29, the following roster transactions:
Marc McLaughlin has been placed on waivers for the purpose of assignment to Providence.

Joey Abate, Drew Bavaro, Ryan Bischel, Frederic Brunet, Michael Callahan, Riley Duran, Jackson Edward, John Farinacci, Brett Harrison, Trevor Kuntar, Fabian Lysell, Nolan Maier, Ryan Mast, Adam Mechura, Georgii Merkulov, Mason Millman and Jaxon Nelson will report to Providence Bruins training camp.

Kasimir Kaskisuo has been released from his PTO and will report to Providence Bruins training camp.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
f***ing baffling to send lysell down with 9 days and 3 preseason games until opening without giving a chance with an actual NHL caliber center. Organizational stupidity.
I agree this is a organizational stupidity and more pathetic they keep Brown can you beleive?

Reactions: dugg133

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Team needing scoring help sends down top prospect even after he looked like one of the best players on the ice for two games. Classic Bruins decision making. I don’t know why I’m surprised at this point, seems like this org is allergic to addressing scoring needs.

Reactions: dugg133

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Smart business move. Talked about this happening last week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad