Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Two bad goals a game isn't going to keep a goalie around for long.

True, not exactly a great defensive game by the Bruins minor league lineup.

Yeah, I think maybe Bussi can play in the NHL, there are a lot of guys in the league who just aren't great. His Providence numbers have been good, but not unbelievable. I think he is just a replacement level player at most, and have no concerns if we were to lose him if waived. And have no confidence in him playin 30 games in the NHL if he stayed

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I mean this assumes that Jones is a player they'd be willing to waive, and I think the fact that he was a day 1 UFA signing for them probably means that isn't the case.

No I just used jones as an example for no compelling reason other than he was a guy who's salary I knew off the top of my head.

As a PTO Johnson's contract will likely be less than any one else on the roster other than brazeau. Less than Beecher, Merkulov, Lysell, Poitras. He might even be less expensive than Patrick Brown.

the only way he costs you cap space, is he is a contract you can't assign to providence when you are off for 4 days,, thus banking a few extra bucks

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Bussi is an NHL goalie, albeit a backup and I am 100% convinced he gets claimed if waived.
I think Korpi will have a great season with the dee we have, if Swayze is still on the outside looking in when the season starts.

Based on what? The guy as ZERO games played in the NHL and wasn't even the best goalie in Providence last season. What team is going to claim an unproven AHL goalie having an ok pre-season knowing they have to keep him on the NHL roster all year long?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Based on what? The guy as ZERO games played in the NHL and wasn't even the best goalie in Providence last season. What team is going to claim an unproven AHL goalie having an ok pre-season knowing they have to keep him on the NHL roster all year long?

It is certainly possible some team has a good scouting report on him and a bad backup situation and will take a chance . And if someone does, you pat him on the back, say congratulations and wish him well in his new org. But it certainly don't hurt you. If you lost both Bussi and DiPietro on waivers at the same time, I'd be slightly worried, but even then, there will always be a different replacement level goalie out there to get

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
That makes zero sense, unless they would somehow be willing to give him more than 1 million 🤮. He's a PTO, he should get the NHL minimum and not a penny more than that (Heinen got 775K) if they sign him, which means you actually should save space if you had him on the roster instead of Jones, This would mean you would save 88 thousand dollars in cap space signing him and sending Lysell down assuming Johnson got the Heinen contract (which is all he should get as a pTO)
That's what I heard on the broadcast Saturday it makes sense because they did the same thing with heinen last year if you recall he was just practicing with them but then a sign with them until I believe the beginning of November

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think some of the Bussi allure has worn off this TC. He doesn't seem to have the same quickness and his rebound control has gone south. Maybe there's some training camp jitters going on but I was looking for a little more polish from him and so far he's been shaky.

Reactions: dangermike

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I think some of the Bussi allure has worn off this TC. He doesn't seem to have the same quickness and his rebound control has gone south. Maybe there's some training camp jitters going on but I was looking for a little more polish from him and so far he's been
2nd biggest disappointment of camp so far

Reactions: Fenian24

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Little bit of revisionist history right here, statistically DiPietro had the better "stats" but when it came to winning time,which in this place is apparently all that matters, Bussi started every playoff game and played pretty well

who is #1?
Swayman absent

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
There’s only one practice session scheduled for Sunday so I’m guessing there will be a bunch of cuts between now and Sunday morning

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Anaheim/Chicago/ San Jose all need better goaltending.
I think his track record in the AHL speaks for itself, 48-17-8 record and a 2.55 GAA is damn good, considering the AHL is a more offensive league vs the NHL.
Next time the Bruins play watch him, his positioning, rebound control, ability to get back into position.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
I think some of the Bussi allure has worn off this TC. He doesn't seem to have the same quickness and his rebound control has gone south. Maybe there's some training camp jitters going on but I was looking for a little more polish from him and so far he's been shaky.
honestly this seems like a good thing for the bruins - i think with playing time, his game will come around and hopefully itll be in time for korpalsolo to fade but in the meantime hes prolly not gonna get claimed due to the camp he's had.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think his track record in the AHL speaks for itself, 48-17-8 record and a 2.55 GAA is damn good, considering the AHL is a more offensive league vs the NHL.
Next time the Bruins play watch him, his positioning, rebound control, ability to get back into position.

San Jose won’t go with Askarov-Bussi.

Anaheim won’t use him over Dostal.

Chicago won’t cut Mrazek or Brossoit for him.

So 0 for 3.

Reactions: ON3M4N

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I watched him last night. He gave up some pretty generous rebounds and looked to be fighting the puck most of the night. As for the teams you listed

None of those teams are looking for a goaltender at this stage. They either have Vets under contract or young guys that are equally as comparable to Bussi.

The clip you posted is the exact play that is burned into Bruins fans heads. This was the play where people locked him into the back-up role of the future.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Little bit of revisionist history right here, statistically DiPietro had the better "stats" but when it came to winning time,which in this place is apparently all that matters, Bussi started every playoff game and played pretty well

Swayman absent

That's fine, but you mean to tell me that his 4 playoffs last year were so phenomenal that a team would claim him having zero NHL games played and a meh pre-season showing?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad