Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Aside from the guy who are locks to be on the NHL roster I'd keep these guys around to get a little longer look

Fabian Lysell
Riley Tufte
Cole Koepke
Georgii Merkulov
Jaxson Nelson
Tyler Johnson
Billy Sweezey
Frederic Brunet

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
What exactly did you see in Kuntar that helped you with this conclusion? Did I miss Jones playing in a game yet?

Kuntar has shown some moxie but other than that?
Jones has proven he's a jag in the NHL.... I would like to see Kuntar at some point.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Aside from the guy who are locks to be on the NHL roster I'd keep these guys around to get a little longer look

Fabian Lysell
Riley Tufte
Cole Koepke
Georgii Merkulov
Jaxson Nelson
Tyler Johnson
Billy Sweezey
Frederic Brunet
We have 4 pre season games left and I would think they start to shrink the roster down after the next game.
I think Johnson is a lock to make the team. He has been great on the faceoffs and has played a consistent two way game.
Would make a perfect 13th forward ( hybrid ) for us.
Lysell / Merk / Kuntar should get a long look and be in the mix until the last cuts.
Bussi played good last night, I liked what I saw. Two of the goals he let in were not his fault.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010

Fabian Lysell
Riley Tufte
Cole Koepke
Georgii Merkulov
Jaxson Nelson
Tyler Johnson
Billy Sweezey
Frederic Brunet
Would like to see Viel and Jackson Edward get a look. I have liked Kuntar's game as well.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
We have 4 pre season games left and I would think they start to shrink the roster down after the next game.
I think Johnson is a lock to make the team. He has been great on the faceoffs and has played a consistent two way game.
Lysell / Merk / Kuntar should get a long look and be in the mix until the last cuts.
Bussi played good last night, I liked what I saw. Two of the goals he let in were not his fault.

I think you see the roster really start to shrink after the game in PHI on Saturday.

Johnson has only take 7 face-offs his pre-season. I said before, I think he's that insurance policy if Lysell falls flat. I could see him getting Heinen'd and hanging around the team to start the year but not having a contract.

Merk has been just meh to me and he's competing against Lysell for a spot. Kuntar you could keep around but I don't see him making the roster. He's been fine, but not so good that you have to think twice about sending him down. He'd benefit from getting more TOI in providence vs sitting upstairs in Boston.

Bussi's been ok, not great, not terrible. IF Swayman remains unsigned for the season, I imagine Korpi gets 50-55 starts for the Bruins.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I think you see the roster really start to shrink after the game in PHI on Saturday.

Johnson has only take 7 face-offs his pre-season. I said before, I think he's that insurance policy if Lysell falls flat. I could see him getting Heinen'd and hanging around the team to start the year but not having a contract.

Merk has been just meh to me and he's competing against Lysell for a spot. Kuntar you could keep around but I don't see him making the roster. He's been fine, but not so good that you have to think twice about sending him down. He'd benefit from getting more TOI in providence vs sitting upstairs in Boston.

Bussi's been ok, not great, not terrible. IF Swayman remains unsigned for the season, I imagine Korpi gets 50-55 starts for the Bruins.
Bussi is an NHL goalie, albeit a backup and I am 100% convinced he gets claimed if waived.
I think Korpi will have a great season with the dee we have, if Swayze is still on the outside looking in when the season starts.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
They already said Johnson won't be on opening roster because of cap space but want him to hang around aka heinen last year

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

So 2 goals were his fault, and you thought that was playing well?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So 2 goals were his fault, and you thought that was playing well?

Why not? If a goalie has a GAA of 2.00 it would be really good :naughty: I thought Bussi was decent, but his rebound control needs some work based on that performance (but maybe it was just a bad night for him in that area- I haven't seen him enough to know if that is an ongoing issue). He wasn't helped by a fairly lackadaisacal defensive effort out there. Some of the stuff around the net looked like an ECHL game.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Why not? If a goalie has a GAA of 2.00 it would be really good :naughty: I thought Bussi was decent, but his rebound control needs some work based on that performance (but maybe it was just a bad night for him in that area- I haven't seen him enough to know if that is an ongoing issue). He wasn't helped by a fairly lackadaisacal defensive effort out there. Some of the stuff around the net looked like an ECHL game.

Two bad goals a game isn't going to keep a goalie around for long.

True, not exactly a great defensive game by the Bruins minor league lineup.

Reactions: Dr Hook

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Fabian Lysell
Riley Tufte
Cole Koepke
Georgii Merkulov
Jaxson Nelson
Tyler Johnson
Billy Sweezey
Frederic Brunet
never heard of that Sweezey guy before, liked what I saw in the one full game I watched and half of another

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Maybe I'm just biased cause I came into preseason really hoping they'd go with the kids, but I'm just not seeing this version of Johnson. He's looked fine, but in a way that kinda has done nothing for me.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Maybe I'm just biased cause I came into preseason really hoping they'd go with the kids, but I'm just not seeing this version of Johnson. He's looked fine, but in a way that kinda has done nothing for me.

I cannot like this enough. Johnson has one assist in two games against mostly AHL talent. What exactly has he done to show he is a better player than he was last year when he went under 0.5ppg and -35 last year? So the guy can complete a pass, who cares? If you want small and skilled, just roll with Lysell. If you want most effective take Brazeau or Koepke.

Johnson is a good injury contingency plan, but that is about it.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They already said Johnson won't be on opening roster because of cap space but want him to hang around aka heinen last year

That makes zero sense, unless they would somehow be willing to give him more than 1 million 🤮. He's a PTO, he should get the NHL minimum and not a penny more than that (Heinen got 775K) if they sign him, which means you actually should save space if you had him on the roster instead of Jones, This would mean you would save 88 thousand dollars in cap space signing him and sending Lysell down assuming Johnson got the Heinen contract (which is all he should get as a pTO)

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
That makes zero sense, unless they would somehow be willing to give him more than 1 million 🤮. He's a PTO, he should get the NHL minimum and not a penny more than that (Heinen got 775K) if they sign him, which means you actually should save space if you had him on the roster instead of Jones, This would mean you would save 88 thousand dollars in cap space signing him and sending Lysell down assuming Johnson got the Heinen contract (which is all he should get as a pTO)
I mean this assumes that Jones is a player they'd be willing to waive, and I think the fact that he was a day 1 UFA signing for them probably means that isn't the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad