Training Camp '16-17 Thread II | Down to the Nitty Gritty

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
We never got a chance to get a good look at Draisaitl as a RW so maybe just getting another look. No need to freak out over Lander being in the lineup.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Still persisting with Lucic-McDavid I see

yeah this is weird. I get the love affair to marry these two, and Lucic has been solid last two games with him. But now is time to try out Pouliot (who was a beats) and McDavid- those 2 have clicked before and could do wonders. They could also try out Lucic-LD

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Not surprised to see Reinhart sent down, he's been terrible this training camp.

He needs to dramatically improve his skating if he wants to be an NHL player, he simply doesn't have the hockey sense to compensate for such a slow acceleration gear at this level. His main plus as a player(his size) doesn't even hold up all that much at this level either, as 6'4 is just above average for defensive defensemen in the NHL.

It's impressive how the Oilers roster depth at center goes from decent to absolutely terrible with a single roster move to put Drai on the wing. If Mclellan breaks camp with a fixation on moving his second best center to the right wing spot for any extended time, then the Oilers are in for another long season of 4th liners like Letestsu/Lander getting overwhelmed on the 3rd line while dragging their wingers down.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
yeah this is weird. I get the love affair to marry these two, and Lucic has been solid last two games with him. But now is time to try out Pouliot (who was a beats) and McDavid- those 2 have clicked before and could do wonders. They could also try out Lucic-LD

I'd really like a look at a Lucic-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi line.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Not surprised to see Reinhart sent down, he's been terrible this training camp.

He needs to dramatically improve his skating if he wants to be an NHL player, he simply doesn't have the hockey sense to compensate for such a slow acceleration gear at this level. His main plus as a player(his size) doesn't even hold up all that much at this level either, as 6'4 is just above average for defensive defensemen in the NHL.

It's impressive how the Oilers roster depth at center goes from decent to absolutely terrible with a single roster move to put Drai on the wing. If Mclellan breaks camp with a fixation on moving his second best center to the right wing spot for any extended time, Oilers are in for another long season of 4th liners like Letestsu/Lander getting overwhelmed on the 3rd line while dragging their wingers down.

Yep....I have a chuckle whenever I hear fans in here raving about our impressive depth. If one of those 3 center, Ebs or one of our big 3 dmen go down we are in a world of hurt. I'll have a little prayer right now that we stay healthy.

Last edited:

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Can we give it at least one real game please? Maybe two or three?

Blasphemy. They should have clicked immediately and Lucic should have taken at least 2-3 suspensions defending McJesus by now. Worst signing in 50+ years.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
And why take Lucic off the first line? That line has been dominating. Not sure what more a person can expect out of it?

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Reinhart got buried a bit by Stauffer on Oilers Now, basically saying he's not doing enough in the offseason to improve his conditioning and skating to make the NHL full time. Said he needs to look at Brandon Davidson to see an example of what dedicating yourself full time in the offseason will do...said that Davidson is in very good shape, "ripped" was the word he used I think.

It's like I stated before...this kid just doesn't want it bad enough.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
It wasn't Lucic-McDavid that was dominant. It was McDavid himself that was dominant. Anyone else on that line was there for the ride. IMO, I'd rather see Lucic and Ebs jump start RNH's offense and get another line going.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Can we give it at least one real game please? Maybe two or three?
why? Why not go with what works instead of forcing Lucic on that line?
why wouldn't they be?

because Pouliot in 55seconds of icetime with McDavid this preseason has shown more chemistry than Lucic all preseason.

What is the harm in separating the 2? Is Lucic going to become a scrub if he isnt on McDavid's line? will his ego be hurt? I dont get why we have to force chemistry.. if it happens in 10 game then so be it. They can be put together in practices and on PP til then

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad