Training Camp '16-17 Thread II | Down to the Nitty Gritty

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So who grabs a spot on the team in the last handful of games and who sees their spot slip away?

My guess is that Caggiula and Puljujarvi make the big squad up front as does Benning on the blue line and Fayne once again gets waived.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Left in camp

Forwards:
Eberle, Lucic, RNH, Pouliot, Yakupov, Hendricks, Letestu, Maroon, Kassian, Lander, Draisaitl, McDavid, Pakarinen, Slepychev, Versteeg, Caggiula, Puljujärvi, Pitlick

Defenseman:
Sekera, Klefbom, Larsson, Davidson, Nurse, Gryba, Fayne, Ference(IR), Benning, Reinhart

Goalies:
Talbot
Gustavsson

I think that's everyone

:popcorn:

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Left in camp

Forwards:
Eberle, Lucic, RNH, Pouliot, Yakupov, Hendricks, Letestu, Maroon, Kassian, Lander, Draisaitl, McDavid, Pakarinen, Slepychev, Versteeg, Caggiula, Puljujärvi, Pitlick

Defenseman:
Sekera, Klefbom, Larsson, Davidson, Nurse, Gryba, Fayne, Ference(IR), Benning, Reinhart

Goalies:
Talbot
Gustavsson

I think that's everyone

Did they seriously send down Brossoit and keep ****ing Gustavsson?

EDIT

FFS they did. Gus sucks.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nurse v Pearson

Pearson does not have a choice. He hit Darnells D partner in the head. They must fight.

This is why Nurse stays on our 3rd pairing. Pearson, you're up lad. You must fight Darnell. If not him, then Kassian.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
In fact, the threat of Darnell coming for a fight will scare Pearson to his soul. Revenge is just.

War is coming!!

"Give me more" We love it. Ask us about Semenko, McSorley, and Laraque.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think tonight is last chance for a number of player to either continue to prove they belong (Cagguila), to do something, anything to prove they should be here over the new talent (Lander, Yakupov) or to prove they do not need seasoning in the AHL (Reinhart, Benning, Slepyshev, Puljujarvi).

My guess is Cagguila makes the grade, Lander and Yak are retained as they are not waiver exempt, and the rest are sent to Bakersfield while Gryba and Versteeg are signed to 1 year deals off their PTO's.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Nielson made a very good point this morning: who plays the left half boards on the 2nd PP unit if not Pulju? He has an absolute bomb I think we can exploit.

At least the PK'ers have something to respect... still no clue who is the shot on the first unit, but at least McDavid keeps them honest regardless.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Did they seriously send down Brossoit and keep ****ing Gustavsson?

EDIT

FFS they did. Gus sucks.

It's the smart move. Talbot is probably playing most of the games to start. LB needs to play, so he's in the AHL. Kinda what should've been expected going into camp.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Nielson made a very good point this morning: who plays the left half boards on the 2nd PP unit if not Pulju? He has an absolute bomb I think we can exploit.

At least the PK'ers have something to respect... still no clue who is the shot on the first unit, but at least McDavid keeps them honest regardless.

Doubt the Oilers keep Puljujarvi up just so they would have someone to play left boards on the 2nd PP unit.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Left in camp

Forwards:

Defenseman:

Goalies:
Talbot
Gustavsson

I think that's everyone

Bolded are locks to make the team.
Hendricks, Ference and Pakarinen will be going on LTIR
That is 10F. 5D. 2G that are locks leaving 6 more spots for the 23 man roster.

4 more real cuts .. Reinhart would be one of them. .Slepy up front would be another easy one.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
How is Kassian looking for you guys? I miss the big guy and want to know how you guys feel about him, since he's been with the team for a while now. Thanks.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
How is Kassian looking for you guys? I miss the big guy and want to know how you guys feel about him, since he's been with the team for a while now. Thanks.

I'd say he looked solid in his limited time, I'm hoping he can play 3rd line this year

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Kassian when he first joined the team stood out for the Oilers.. With Maroon, Lucic, Pitlick and Slepychev added he seems to be just another player on the team. Has done nothing to get a promotion to 3rd line but is a good 4th liner regardless. Expecting some more offense from him otherwise he is good.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Factoring in Injuries, waivers and trades, here's how I think things will shake out.

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Pouliot - Nuge - Caggiula
Maroon - Draisaitl - Versteeg(signs 1yr $875K)
Pitlick - Letestu - Kassian
Slepyshev/trade or waivers

IR: Pakarinen, Hendricks and Davidson

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Fayne
Nurse - Barbiero/Sproul/Gryba(signs 1yr $725K)
Gryba/Benning/Trade or Waivers

Talbot
Hutchinson/Gustavsson

Yak and Lander are probably both traded, imo.

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Oilers just tweeted you can watch the game on their website. Another game where we have to endure their pathetic streaming.

Maybe it was me but last game the streaming was perfect quality for me. Rarely had glitches and the quality was on par with TSNs streaming. Audio sucked and cut out but since its stauffer thats actually a blessing

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Factoring in Injuries, waivers and trades, here's how I think things will shake out.

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Pouliot - Nuge - Caggiula
Maroon - Draisaitl - Versteeg(signs 1yr $875K)
Pitlick - Letestu - Kassian
Slepyshev/trade or waivers

IR: Pakarinen, Hendricks and Davidson

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Fayne
Nurse - Barbiero/Sproul/Gryba
Gryba/Benning/Trade or Waivers

Talbot
Hutchinson/Gustavsson

Yak and Lander are probably both traded, imo.
Gryba is on a PTO. Doesn't have to be waived and can't be traded unless signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad