Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Trading Nick Robertson making 875k would be a mistake.

This kid could score 25-30 this year if we give him solid icetime, a consistent role in the top 9 and some powerplay opportunity. We need bargain contracts like that quite badly.

He’s a bit small but he’s fast, he plays with some tenacity and he has one of the best shots on the team.

And not only all of this, he’s still an RFA after this season.
I think Brad is hoping at some point this season he can turn Lily, Kampf and futures into a solid middle 6 C. That would be about a 5 million dollar player even with Lorentz and Hakanpaa stepping into the holes left by those 2.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I think Brad is hoping at some point this season he can turn Lily, Kampf and futures into a solid middle 6 C. That would be about a 5 million dollar player even with Lorentz and Hakanpaa stepping into the holes left by those 2.
I guess you don't buy into Nylander at C, because if that works out we have our two middle six C. If we make the type of move you suggest (perhaps include Jarnkrok too) then I would like to see the money spent on a top four D and let Benoit and Hakanpaa be six and seven.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
I guess you don't buy into Nylander at C, because if that works out we have our two middle six C. If we make the type of move you suggest (perhaps include Jarnkrok too) then I would like to see the money spent on a top four D and let Benoit and Hakanpaa be six and seven.
Could also be a D.
I am not sold on Willie at C. I think we would be better off with him at wing. But I think that’s also part of the plan. If he does show well at C then as you suggest Brad takes the same stuff and goes after a D to slide OEL down to third pair.
There is time to sort this out during season.
But one small move maybe needed now to fit everyone in or when Dewar is back from injury.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
CBJ needs bodies and to get to the cap floor.

I think they would love David Kampf at 2.4 million. Holmberg has proved he can handle the job for a lot less.

I would rather trade Kampf than Jarnkrok, and he also makes more money. Lorenz and Dewar can also play Center.

Not sure what we do with LW. Robertson is absolutely on this team, but what about Patches? If it’s one of the other, a no brainer to go with the 23 year old.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I honestly don't know what we're going to do about our 4th line

Are we going with a physical tone setting line or a defensively responsible bury them in the defensive zone line

Kampf isn't physical, but he is a good defensive forward, as is Jarnkrok and Holmberg
Reeves and Lorenz want to hit everything but I wouldn't trust either of them defensively and Dewar can do a bit of both

Those players don't mix well and when you do mix them you lose any identity you may of had and they struggle to be physical or good defensively

They need to sort it out then we know who should be on the chopping block

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad