GDT: Trades & Free Agency -- Off-season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Going to start this rumor again as it seems like it is losing steam, 😆.

MM FOR Parayko, Binnington, 1st rounder in 2025 and 2nd rounder in 2026.

It will be in insider trading and stuff in a week, lol

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Interresting that CJ said Leafs getting 2 top defenseman will also involve one coming via trade.

Whos out there trade wise?
Refer to my post earlier.

MM for Parayko, Binnington, 1St and 2nd.

Can’t believe CJ is stealing my rumors already

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
His fancys are already showing decline
He's a hard pass for me

So we should trade him for your **** house offer? I'd rather let him walk next season

Yes yes, everybody is a moron except you

The enlightened one, who's bringing his wisdom from on high and is always right
You rather let him walk then get a #2/3 RD and a top nine winger who scored 24 goals at 1M cap hit this year?

Unserious like I said.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
You want to hand out $8M+ x 7 years to 30 YO Brandon Montour who had 2 good years on a stacked Florida team?

Very unserious here.
Yes, I’d rather not give up Marner and sign Montour and have both assets opposed to trading Marner for a shitty package where the best player is Hronek who’s had one good NHL season where he fell off in the second half of the NHL season and isn’t very strong defensively like Montour. Mikheyev and Hoglander are completely useless to the Maple Leafs.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Yes, I’d rather not give up Marner and sign Montour and have both assets opposed to trading Marner for a shitty package where the best player is Hronek who’s had one good NHL season where he fell off in the second half of the NHL season and isn’t very strong defensively like Montour. Mikheyev and Hoglander are completely useless to the Maple Leafs.
Yeah you got the homer disease - no point conversing with ya. Hronek was fantastic last year - were you in jail or something? Locked up with no access to the internet? lol.

Some people don't want to live in realty and that's OK.

Ok, apparently Marner will fetch less than guys like Fiala or Dubois. Good to know.

That package is better than Fiala or Dubois' package.

Hronek's a 2/3 RD. He's by far the best asset if we're talking about trade value.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Interresting that CJ said Leafs getting 2 top defenseman will also involve one coming via trade.

Whos out there trade wise?
Seth Jones

Ok, apparently Marner will fetch less than guys like Fiala or Dubois. Good to know.
RFA vs UFA
Rob Blake is a moron (and now has no more cap space to burn on soft wingers)
Fiala>Marner when cap hits are included

• Haha
Reactions: LeafChief

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah you got the homer disease - no point conversing with ya. Hronek was fantastic last year - were you in jail or something? Locked up with no access to the internet? lol.

Hronek's a 2/3 RD. He's by far the best asset if we're talking about trade value.

Like I said, I want the team to target players with term. At no point did I say anything about Hronek outside of his contract status.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
One of the smarter things said in this thread tbh
Thread may be a little advanced
You rather let him walk then get a #2/3 RD and a top nine winger who scored 24 goals at 1M cap hit this year?

Unserious like I said.
The Canucks can't get him to sign anything, but we're going to trade for him so he can hold us over a barrel

That's your problem, you deal with it

We have wings, we need to trade some not bring more in including a bloody cap dump

that isn't unserious, it's moronic

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Seth Jones

RFA vs UFA
Rob Blake is a moron (and now has no more cap space to burn on soft wingers)
Fiala>Marner when cap hits are included

RFA with year until UFA for Fiala and Dubois. How is that any different that 1 year on contract till UFA?
I just disagree on this Fiala opinion. He makes about $2.5M less and has scored 80 points once. Unless you think that $2.5M is super valuable, that opinion just comes off like a troll job.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Marner is not going anywhere in my opinion

He's going to playout the year with the Leafs. If he walks next year, we'll he walks. We got 10 years out of him

I can't see anyone trading their grade A player for unsigned Marner. He won't resign until he hits free agency.
Too many are fixated with a Marner trade, when it happens, it happens, if it happens.

People should be penciling him into the lineup until other wise and seeing what Toronto can do with the 20m.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
With what cap space??

$18M left and you need to sign a goalie, a couple of forwards and a couple of defenseman. Signing Montour would give you guys about $10M to sign about 5 guys including Liljigren (~$2M), Robertson (~$2M) and 1B goallie ($3-4M) and essentially NO space to replace Domi and Bertuzzi.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
RFA with year until UFA for Fiala and Dubois. How is that any different that 1 year on contract till UFA?
I just disagree on this Fiala opinion. He makes about $2.5M less and has scored 80 points once. Unless you think that $2.5M is super valuable, that opinion just comes off like a troll job.
Fiala also has to play on the anemic Kings offence. He'd put up 95 on the Leafs and Marner would struggle to break 82 on the Kings. They are that bad

It's not that the $2.5m is super useful on its own, but Marner is not $2.5m better than Fiala. Let alone whatever stupid raise he gets on his next contract

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
With what cap space??

$18M left and you need to sign a goalie, a couple of forwards and a couple of defenseman. Signing Montour would give you guys about $10M to sign about 5 guys including Liljigren (~$2M), Robertson (~$2M) and 1B goallie ($3-4M) and essentially NO space to replace Domi and Bertuzzi.

Dude...stop. You guys were dumb enough to give Mickey 5m/year, you need to live with it. We're not about to eat that terrible cap hit, especially for a guy who has 4 career points in 30 career playoff games. We're trying to move away from guys like that. We also have no need for Hoglander - we have a tonne of young wings we're trying to make room for.

Hronek is a good piece, start from that and build on the proposal with real assets, not tax dump liabilities and bottom-six wingers.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018

If hroneks is so good you can overpay his ass.

We don't have Hughes to prop him

Reactions: Brobust and TMLAM34

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
For some reason I can see Marner in a Preds jersey…
With the rumour of Trotz wanting to keep Saros do we go after Askarov in a package?

Marner

For

Evangelista (Shanahan connection)
Tomasino
Schenn
Askarov

Reactions: supermann_98

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
These are two different issues. If you believe we overpaid these guys then we need to talk about what it takes to sign people in Toronto's fishbowl with high provincial and federal taxes. You happened to site two examples of markets where it is much easier to play that have little to no state tax.

My point is that we had a plan and we will never know if that plan would have worked because Covid hit. How would these Leafs look if they had $10M to $20M more to spend? We won't know but it warrants consideration when assessing the work of Shanny and Dubas.
If the plan was to pay more for talent than other teams I’m pretty confident we’d have seen the same outcome, covid or no-covid. At the end of the day Dubas gave out brutal contracts to guys that didn’t deliver and couldn’t afford to back them up with guys who could pick up the slack. Unfortunately Treliving has doubled down.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Fiala also has to play on the anemic Kings offence. He'd put up 95 on the Leafs and Marner would struggle to break 82 on the Kings. They are that bad

It's not that the $2.5m is super useful on its own, but Marner is not $2.5m better than Fiala. Let alone whatever stupid raise he gets on his next contract
Kings
Preds
Sabres
For some reason I can see Marner in a Preds jersey…
With the rumour of Trotz wanting to keep Saros do we go after Askarov in a package?

Marner

For

Evangelista (Shanahan connection)
Tomasino
Schenn
Askarov
Preds want marner for cheap they wont pay that much

Leafs have poor leverage tbh

NMC, + expiring deal + playoff failures + marner imitating David Kampf with 3 pts in 7 games makes it tough to see why a team would pay so much for a 70 pt player come playoffs who will want 12+M

I'd love that deal but Preds would be dumb to make it

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Hronek was so fantastic a lot of Canucks fans don't seem to care if he re-signs lol

Try not getting so upset when your proposals aren't met with showers of praise on another teams board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad