Confirmed with Link: [7/23/24] Sabres sign Beck Malenstyn 2 years, $1.35m AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
it might be an overpay, but who cares. And no I don’t think Buffalo can get good fourth liners in FA for value, we would probably have to overpay in money for that.
Idk just seeing Mangiapane go for a second leaves this move with a bitter taste in my mouth..

I got no problem with the player.. I'll have to sleep on it and wait to see him play first..

Reactions: Sabre the Win

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Don’t get me wrong, KA has a lot to do, and 4th line physical winger is probably the easiest item to check off the list and he probably overpaid. This can’t be one of his big moves, and I am still doubting him this off-season, but it’s a good move imo

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm over my initial reaction.

They went out and targeted who they wanted.

No id

ea if this will pan out or not.

But I honestly don't care about a 2nd rounder at this point

Reactions: ceky and Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
With only one year as a NHL regular, I just don't know what to make of Malenstyn. If he can keep hitting like last season and manage 20 pts or so, I'm fine with tossing a 2nd away, but he just seems like a guess right now.

Good point. Definitely seems like an attempt to find someone with a bit of upside at the cost of known quantity

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
“We can’t defend in our own zone with our forward core”
“We don’t have any grit, we need to draft guys, even if they top out at bottom 6 forwards”
“We don’t have size in the lineup”
“If adams doesn’t trade one of our first three picks it’s a failure”

Adams trades a second for a fourth line player who hits, speed, great defense, pks, with some offensive upside - “adams is a joke he is stupid this team sucks”

Four year olds around here upset when their parents bring them the pb&j they want but now they dknt want it so they throw a fit

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
“We don’t have any grit, we need to draft guys, even if they top out at bottom 6 forwards”

Adams trades a second for a fourth line player who hits, speed, great defense, pks, with some offensive upside - “adams is a joke he is stupid this team sucks”

Four year olds around here upset when their parents bring them the pb&j they want but now they dknt want it so they throw a fit

Speaking of peanut butter, I finally managed to find Extra Crunchy Skippy peanut butter yesterday. It seems to be non-existent here in Canada.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
Don't know anything about the player. Really hoping he doesn't turn into the 14th F around game 20 after they've given him the Bryson contract. Wishing him success and that he helps the team out, but can also see a timeline where very quickly we realize this was a wasted asset.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Don’t care, if he’s a good fourth liner which a lot of people think he is…I don’t care about a little overpay in futures assets.

If he’s good, I like the trade. If he ends up being bad, I don’t like it.
Who's a lot of people? I respect chain's opinion but he seems to be the only one.

Of course we like the trade if he's good. But it feels like an annual thing that we get some underwhelming acquisition that could be good depth, then "big surprise", they remain underwhelming.

Jost, Erik Johnson, Eric Robinson, Lyubushkin, Sheahan, Bjork, Stillman, eakin, hagg.

Aside from thompson, who was the last player we acquired that exceeded expectations?

Reactions: SabresFan26

Krieger Bot

Apr 30, 2007
Good trade. Price paid is a little high. But our other options were either: (a) pay a premium to get quality bottom 6 help in free agency; or (b) shop in the bargain bin again and run the risk of ending up with guys like Eakin/Erik Johnson for depth. Given the choices, I'm fine with overpaying by a round to get a guy we like.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
there are pages and pages in the other thread, saying 'don't care if we over pay, just do something Adams'

KA trades a free 2nd round pick and people loose their minds
Im pretty sure they mean overpay slightly for someone of actual quality.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Career Corsi for of 42%.

Stupid assets management. All for improving the bottom 6 but giving up a second rounder for a #12 forward is horrible asset management. Could’ve easily signed somebody similar in UFA.

Adams is an awful GM. What happens when you hire someone with 0 experience. He’s not showing improvement either.

Only positive is maybe Girgensons is gone?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

They devalued their 1st round pick to essentially acquire a 4th line guy. It’s poor asset management for a guy desperate to make up for inactivity from years past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad