Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lol, that line is basically our 2nd line and Zibanejad is more than a capable 2nd liner(Dont you remember last year?) as is Hoffman's skillset.

If Hoffman isn't top 6 material then we wouldn't be calling him up in the first place.

Guys just don't jump from an ahl. Top 6 to the nhl top 6 if u are saying zibby and Hoffman are top 6 forwards then I don't know what to say. It is fine to have one young guy on his line but get him a legit top 6 winger enough with these board line players

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
OTT:
Anderson
Cowen
2nd 2014

EDM:
1st 2014
Petry

If this occurs, we're free to pursue a top six forward with roughly 5 million in savings.

Cowen goes, and Petry replaces some of his minutes and can break out of his zone more effectively. Gryba replaces his hard minutes. We save money, and send a message that holding out isn't acceptable.

We also replace our lost 1st.

Would work great for ottawa and may have been some what plausible before the oils signed bryz , but I doubt they want to pay 4 goalies nhl salaries.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
What do you guys think of this?

to PHX:
Michalek, $4,333,333 (UFA)
Cowen, $3,100,000
$7,433,333 going out

to OTT:
Boedker, $2,550,000
Klesla, $2,975,000 (UFA)
$5,525,000 coming back

Klesla could add some stability to the back end and Boedker could be a new partner for Spez. Seems to be a great shooter and gets in the right spots.

Phoenix get a new top 6 body (something they want) and another long term piece for their already stacked defense.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
He also said the talks went nowhere and are not likely to any time soon. "Internal solution" again was mentioned.

Basically, he knows about as much as we know already.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Guys just don't jump from an ahl. Top 6 to the nhl top 6 if u are saying zibby and Hoffman are top 6 forwards then I don't know what to say. It is fine to have one young guy on his line but get him a legit top 6 winger enough with these board line players

Yea you're right. Zibby on the top 6 is nonesense. I mean, not like he centered our 2nd line last year with 20 points in 40 games and made the 2nd round.

Oh... WAIT.... WAITTT!!

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Yea you're right. Zibby on the top 6 is nonesense. I mean, not like he centered our 2nd line last year with 20 points in 40 games and made the 2nd round.

Oh... WAIT.... WAITTT!!

read what i wrote..... it is fine to have one but having both hoffman and zibby? that is pathetic.

Just so you know Pageau took him over in the playoffs and he isn't a 40 pt player...yet

He is still inconsistant

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
This would be the perfect time to get Del Zotto as his value is lower than it will ever be. NYR has also been getting far less offense from their D under Alain than they did under Torts so naturally Del Zotto won't look as good.

Unless the Rangers were interested in a guy like Smith or Greening, or a prospect like Puempel, I don't see how a deal would work out.

Not sure what the hell "internal solution" means because that simply is not possible. We don't have a top 4 shutdown d-man in the system. We could call up Ceci, but don't see how he would help.

Trade is the only option Murray, or just hope our D turns it around by Christmas.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
they probably want zibby for del zotto....can't blame them

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
meh....I like MDZs skills, but the kid is soft mentally. Bad shifts, bad games, easily ruin his confidence.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Let's be honest, he's been terrible.

He's never had issues producing with bad wingers in the past. The revolving door is just as much his fault as it is the wingers. When he played with Neil, it wasn't the wingers being taken off his line, he was the one being demoted.

Spezza sucks so bad he is 17th in the NHL in goals and 41st in points. You know despite obviously having a poor start to the season and the best wingers on the team not on his line.

He was dominant in the Detroit game. Clearly the most talented, skilled and puck strong star on the ice on either team. He will get going soon enough. If Spezza can play like he did on the PP with Karlsson and the entire Turris line the rest of the season we should have among the most deadly PPs in the NHL.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
Michalek + Puempel + Cowen for Byfuglien.

Oh dear god no, no, no, no. Byfuglien is an absolute mess. If you think it's hard watching Cowen out of position, you'll have an aneurysm watching Buff. He would be the most hated player on the team within a month.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Oh dear god no, no, no, no. Byfuglien is an absolute mess. If you think it's hard watching Cowen out of position, you'll have an aneurysm watching Buff. He would be the most hated player on the team within a month.

Behindthenet has question accuracy but if it he really is facing the toughest competition for Jets dmen, id assume he would be absolutely dominate on the 2nd pair playing behind Karlsson.. Plus he would be that shot on the PP the Sens dont have that teams have to would always have to be covering. Which would create more room for Karlsson and Spezza on the PP.

Methot-Karlsson
Wier/Phillips-Buff
Boro-Gryba/Corvo

PP:
Ryan-Spezza-Turris
Byfuglien-Karlsson

Except all 5 are righties... lol

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
you think buff would get milo conacher weir and a 3rd. thats dumb. therefore you are dumb
buff is amazing, milan doesn't have much value, conacher is is good, weir would be replaced and much more by buff,

milan is certainly good, but moving forward with Karlsson, Methot, Buff, and Cowen would be tremendous

Last edited:

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
With a dynamic and risky offensive d-man already on the back end, I'd be far more inclined to get a puck-mover with a solid defensive game rather than Byfuglien. Brian Campbell would be literally perfect if not for the huge cap hit and the massive budgetary issues.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
yea.....

I love Big Buff...but it's much more fun cheering for the guy when he plays on another team. Not sure I want a guy who "trains" like he does in the off-season; we have a lot of young guys on the roster and we need to have strong, positive veteran role models. His career +/- is a wee bit scary, too. Not a big fan of stats, but a guy who's mostly in the minuses for his career is someone I'd wonder about anchoring a defensive pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad