Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i wouldn't read too much into murray saying we need to fix this from within

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
people can cry all they want about moving Spezza but a player like Spezza isn't going to be moved IN SEASON.

So please save everyone's time and stop repeating that we need to deal him over and over and over again (certain few posters)

He isn't moving right now so why talk about it? It gets tiring coming here and reading post after post from the same posters about how we should look into a Spezza deal.

Talk about more realistic deals

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Don't they have some close to NHL ready puck movers? Off the top of my head they have Barrie and Elliott.

I think Barrie is on the big team now and producing, but Elliott seems to have stalled a little bit. I haven't read up on them in a while but I think some Avs fans were disappointed in Elliott.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Crazy question... But would Tlusty work as a winger for Spezza?
He's apparently available (though Tuomo Ruutu might be packaged together)... and we have some young puck moving type D that could be sent back in return... or maybe even Corvo :D

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Seriously though... I think Tlusty might actually work with Spezza if you read how he plays and the fact that he worked in the past with Semin and Staal well... Try to turn him into another Dany Heatley maybe?

Just not sure what we've got to move... or maybe we make a move for MDZ first, then send MDZ for Tlusty? (plus whatever else to balance things out on either side especially if we have to take on Ruutu as well).

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
i wouldn't read too much into murray saying we need to fix this from within

I came here to post this. When we were going hard after Turris, there was little talk in the rumour front before the trade.

Murray always makes these subtle moves to throw off GMs and news outlets which makes good bargaining chips cause it doesn't drive player's value involved.

Lol OK. If you say so. I wasn't even taking about their relative performances this year. I was talking about their contributions and what they bring to the team when healthy and playing well.

However how many times has Karlsson been first star or led this team to victory this year? He's definitely been the most impactful...I wouldn't say in a positive way.

At least when Karlsson plays offensively he tries his best and is unbelievable at it. Spezza just doesn't give a **** both ends of the ice most nights.

Not only has Spezza been worse defensively(statistically) he also has been below average offensively for his standards. I honestly don't know how he's almost PPG. Just shows you how much talent he has but he doesn't use it fully. He could be at 25-30 points.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Where the heck did you read that? Why would they want to trade Varlamov who's younger and played better then Anderson who has already had his run in Colorado

Wait a minute. I thought he was being sarcastic with that trade proposal. Is that actually a real rumor?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
At least when Karlsson plays offensively he tries his best and is unbelievable at it. Spezza just doesn't give a **** both ends of the ice most nights.

Beyond ridiculous. You see what you want to see, but anyone actually watching without a predisposition towards Spezza can see how much he's been trying this year. Early in the season he just didn't have legs, and lately he's been showing a ton of effort and has been much better in both ends.

Not only has Spezza been worse defensively(statistically) he also has been below average offensively for his standards. I honestly don't know how he's almost PPG. Just shows you how much talent he has but he doesn't use it fully. He could be at 25-30 points.

Spezza could easily have 25 points if the play didn't die on the stick of most of his linemates almost instantly. I can't count the number of times Spezza has made a nice pass or set up a play for Greening or Michalek and they've just let it die pretty much right away. It's like they enter the offensive zone, and if Spezza doesn't carry it himself it is immediately brought back out.

That said obviously he hasn't been playing right up to his standards, but Karlsson also has a ton of points just by virtue of being on the point of the powerplay for almost literally every minute of every powerplay.

Karlsson and Spezza are very similar players when you breakdown their strengths (when healthy ,and playing well they're both great offensive players, poor to decent defensive players who make a lot of high-risk players and are good at carrying the puck). Spezza has been a whipping boy forever but Karlsson has been a god. It's just funny and hypocritical.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Karlsson and Spezza are very similar players when you breakdown their strengths (when healthy ,and playing well they're both great offensive players, poor to decent defensive players who make a lot of high-risk players and are good at carrying the puck). Spezza has been a whipping boy forever but Karlsson has been a god. It's just funny and hypocritical.

Lmfao at the bolded. Karlsson was named the best player in the league last year. Spezza has never been mentioned in the same breathe of those honours.

Also, yes... it's Spezza's linemates fault for not catching his consistent drop-passes. Or for not helping him in the corners when he's reaching instead of hustling.

No, Spezza is not the whipping boy. He has been on the ice for most goals in the league among all forwards. THINK about that. Spezza's puck possession numbers are some of the worst he has ever posted. He has been on the ice for almost highest SA in the league. He hasn't established much chemistry.

Look at my previous posts about Spezza. I keep things neutral. I praise Spezza when he deserves it but right now he is horrid. Doesn't take a genius to know that.

Karlsson at least still does some great defensive plays, he still is a legend offensively and he still drives puck possession and breakouts like no other in the league. That's why he is still godly.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Crazy question... But would Tlusty work as a winger for Spezza?
He's apparently available (though Tuomo Ruutu might be packaged together)... and we have some young puck moving type D that could be sent back in return... or maybe even Corvo :D

Bringing in Tlusty and being forced to take on Ruutu is one step forward (Tlusty), two steps back (Ruutu).

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Ruutu steps back?:sarcasm:

lE8HUx2.gif

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad