Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wouldn't mind trading for Ehrhoff. He's a good player that could eat a lot of minutes and take some pressure off Karlsson plus he's better defensively. The problem is that he's another left hander.

His contract isn't too bad for what he brings either. It's another 7 years at a 4 mil cap-hit. So as long as he doesn't completely fall apart by 38...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ehrhoff has been by far Buffalo's best defender and I would love to have him on the Sens.

Yep...he's been very good. He wasn't a product of the Sedins and many Vancouver fans have actually said that they miss having him on the team. Considering his contributions 4 mil is like...nothing.

http://www.capgeek.com/comparables/?player_id=121

If you look at his contract you'll see that there are very few comparables that are on his level. Unless he declines severely he is well worth it. Not to mention that in 5 years a 4 mil caphit is going to be nothing, and his actual salary will only be 1 mil.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm not for making a trade of any of our important players this early in the season, but that's a trade with good value for the Sens (the Spezza/OEL one).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The funny thing is that OEL is the perfect kind of player that you'd want on the ice with someone like Spezza.

I would trade Karlsson for OEL.

Edit: ...but I would much rather have both. OEL/Karlsson would be the best 1 - 2 punch on defence in the league by a wide margin.

Last edited:

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
The funny thing is that OEL is the perfect kind of player that you'd want on the ice with someone like Spezza.

I would trade Karlsson for OEL.

That would be idiotic. In one breath you say you wouldn't deal our stars this early, then you would deal Karlsson? OEL is great don't get me wrong, but Karlsson is coming back from a major injury. His skating is getting better and better. His D will come around. He hasn't been near his best, yet he is still leading dmen in points. He will sniff 100 points in his prime. The defenseman we saw last year before the injury was by far the best defenseman in the league. He will get back there. Ge patient people.

Penner getrdonebryan

Jun 8, 2007
Rou.
So now Philly has Hartnell,Downie and Simmonds in their top 9... unless they want to spend more time in the box, maybe Simmonds gets on the trade block and we send an underachieving forward (Michalek or Greening+) to Philly ....haha, I wish :laugh:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I see Chris Stewart only has two assists in 10 games so far this yr, I wonder if St louis would ever consider trading him? He has an affordable deal at $4.125 mil & another yr left on it. I wonder if they would be interested in Puempel plus something. Stewart with Spezza would bring some toughness to that lineup plus scoring ability.

Michalek - Spezza - Stewart

WhiteLight*

I see Chris Stewart only has two assists in 10 games so far this yr, I wonder if St louis would ever consider trading him? He has an affordable deal at $4.125 mil & another yr left on it. I wonder if they would be interested in Puempel plus something. Stewart with Spezza would bring some toughness to that lineup plus scoring ability.

Michalek - Spezza - Stewart

Sens can't afford it. Michalek would have to go the other way.

Stewart + Paajarvi/Morrow for Michalek and Greening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad