Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals | Remember That Time a Rumor Was Right?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You have to wonder...if we could afford hamonic then why did we add reinhart.

Also, sux that schultz was so bad last year that we had nothing to offer snow.

Because Hamonic was worth considerably more to the Islanders than Reinhart. While Griffin may turn out to be a big minute defenseman, Travis Hamonic already was one.

I have a sneaking suspicion he ends up in Western Canada.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Because Hamonic was worth considerably more to the Islanders than Reinhart. While Griffin may turn out to be a big minute defenseman, Travis Hamonic already was one.

I think it will be Montreal...they need scoring, and kid is French Canadian.
This is the kind of situation that can force Bergevins hand....there will be much pressure.

DavidOilTroops

Jun 28, 2014
North Bay
I dont follow Tampa at all, whats with Cooper? Seems everyone hates the guy? Is Drouin just being a baby?

And it speaks volumes about Hall of all the crap he has gone through in the Oilers Org that he has never asked for a trade.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Hasn't he been a massive disappointment?

Expectations from him were crazy high. Basically him, Mackinnon and Jones were all potential number 1 picks. His Draft+1 year skyrocketted his value even more.

Tbay also probably thought he'd be MSL v2. It appears him being Stamkos playmaking winger did not pan out

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I dont follow Tampa at all, whats with Cooper? Seems everyone hates the guy? Is Drouin just being a baby?

And it speaks volumes about Hall of all the crap he has gone through in the Oilers Org that he has never asked for a trade.

No kidding about Hall. I can't believe so many questioned his "character" and wanted him out either.

Cooper is smart. I think he's smarter than a lot of coaches. He is basically seeing through a lot of the Tbay players IMO.

Stamkos is not a legit center and Drouin was never going to become MSL v2. When reality hit both players, they got butt hurt

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think it will be Montreal...they need scoring, and kid is French Canadian.
This is the kind of situation that can force Bergevins hand....there will be much pressure.

Same division? I don't see it.

Bergevin doesn't have the ammunition (or the balls) to pull off a trade of that magnitude.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011

Except for getting the keys to the city Hall has gotten everything. Drouin is more like Yak in respect to the fact he has been criticized by the coach for not being very good defensively - goes all the way back to the cup run.

Hall avoids alot of criticism, and he got the big contract - way different situations, and I like Hall but there incomparable.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
No kidding about Hall. I can't believe so many questioned his "character" and wanted him out either.

Cooper is smart. I think he's smarter than a lot of coaches. He is basically seeing through a lot of the Tbay players IMO.

Stamkos is not a legit center and Drouin was never going to become MSL v2. When reality hit both players, they got butt hurt

Stamkos may not be legit but you don't run out of town a franchise player who in large part got you to a stanley cup final. It looks like Tampa wants to go back to relative obscurity.

DavidOilTroops

Jun 28, 2014
North Bay
Except for getting the keys to the city Hall has gotten everything. Drouin is more like Yak in respect to the fact he has been criticized by the coach for not being very good defensively - goes all the way back to the cup run.

Hall avoids alot of criticism, and he got the big contract - way different situations, and I like Hall but there incomparable.

I see what youre saying. But i would have to think at some point Hall would want to "win" right?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Stamkos may not be legit but you don't run out of town a franchise player who in large part got you to a stanley cup final. It looks like Tampa wants to go back to relative obscurity.

Stamkos wasn't playing well at center after MSL left. MSL was technically more of a center on that line than Stamkos and if Stamkos isn't going to bend over for the betterment of the team, good riddance.

At the end of day, this is Tbay's problem, not the Oilers so it's all good for me:laugh:

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Same division? I don't see it.

Bergevin doesn't have the ammunition (or the balls) to pull off a trade of that magnitude.

I agree Bergevin has never had the balls, and always comes up with a lame excuse, but this is a different situation.

Everyone knows that Montreal has been fishing for a forward, and how desperate they are for scoring, ...for a situation like this to present itself, especially with the player being from Quebec?...Fans ( especially Habs fans) will go ape **** if MB is not legit over this.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Calgary will find some crazy way:laugh:

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Would you guys consider swapping Drouin for Yakupov? I personally would not but I wonder if that is just me being a homer.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Hall avoided criticism? News to me.

MPStoEberletoHall*

Would you guys consider swapping Drouin for Yakupov? I personally would not but I wonder if that is just me being a homer.

I'd think long and hard about that one.

Edit: I want to see Yak play with McDavid a bit more before I come to a conclusion on him. If he doesn't put up the points with CM, than I have no desire to keep Yak.

MPStoEberletoHall*

Don't need Drouin. Hamonic on the other hand.

Hamonic will be an oiler this offseason. It just makes too much sense not to happen.im just afraid of what Chia will pay for him, since it has been reported that he is a big fan of him.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Montreal gets Yakupov, we get Drouin, Tampa gets Montreal's first and Juulsen?

Nah. I think Drouin goes to COL for Tyson Barrie +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad