Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Sabres fan here. What’s the deal with Tierney? I noticed he’s on the 4th line today. Is he not performing? would he be available?

He probably should be, especially with Pageau due back in the next week.

That being said, he's young and cheap and with all the uncertainty around Duchene, I bet he's a guy the Sens hold onto. I also doubt he's the type of player who would be moved for futures, any Tierney trade is likely more of a "hockey trade" where we add a defenceman, so that's a complication as well.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Sabres fan here. What’s the deal with Tierney? I noticed he’s on the 4th line today. Is he not performing? would he be available?

Hot start, cooled off since then just like the rest of the team. Other centers are better than him (Duchene + White) plus Pageau is back.

Could be had for a 4-5 Dman.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Also all this talk of picking Leason with our first pick is depressing. I wish we were hoping for Hughes.

Well based on the tournament he looks like the real deal to me. The only forwards I thought were stand out better than him were Glass, Comtois and Frost (even he is arguable). Big players take longer to develop, its consistent like clockwork. Id be very happy if the sens ended up with him coming out of this draft. He reminds me alot of Blake Wheeler.

Side note how terrible was Hayton? How many times did that guy turn the puck over trying to make ridiculous deke moves when he could just dish it. Good defensive player but man what a turnover machine. Imagine picking him over Quinn Hughes... Good grief thank goodness the sens got Tkachuk in retrospect.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Tierney has been ok .. He gets moved around a lot, which I think is just Boucher trying to find answers. This is Pageau's 1st game back so the lines will be adjusting as he rounds into shape. Tierney is better than a 4th liner.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

Its the 4th line but he will still play 15+ mins

He is okay... he's fine as a 3rd line C. Good PKer but not so good defensively. He's a smart player but not super skilled. He can plug into the top 6 and do alright

I'd want a RD or picks

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Pageau is returning and White has won the job between Tkachuk and Stone.

The Senators have really good center depth right now.

Tierney's productive has leveled off, but it's not so much that he has been demoted to the 4th line as he's failed to beat out the competition for the higher spots.

Sens also play 7D a lot, so expect the lines to be blended. Tierney will probably still play 17-20 minutes.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Pageau is returning and White has won the job between Tkachuk and Stone.

The Senators have really good center depth right now.

Tierney's productive has leveled off, but it's not so much that he has been demoted to the 4th line as he's failed to beat out the competition for the higher spots.

Sens also play 7D a lot, so expect the lines to be blended. Tierney will probably still play 17-20 minutes.
I wonder if they keep Tierney for next year when Formenton is up.
They gad good chemistry

Reactions: NB613

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He's okay but he's just another non-core tweener and seems to lack a bit in the brain and effort department in the defensive end.

I assume they keep him since they'll likely have to deal Duchene soon.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
At the deadline
To :bolts:

Ryan Dzingel
Logan Brown
Cody Ceci

To :sens:

Cal Foote
Taylor Raddysh
2019 1st
2020 2nd (conditional on Dzingel re-signing or if TB wins SC)

Reactions: NB613

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I'd be very content going into next season keeping the forwards status quo.

Unfortunately we're probably going to be going into next season without 2 of Dzingle, Stone or Duchene. Maybe even 3.

I suspect they sign Dzingle to a 5 year contract for 4.5 per. The other two get traded.

Then Dzingle struggles.

Reactions: NB613 and Daffy

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Somebody needs to take him, or next best option

426792.gif

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
At the deadline
To :bolts:

Ryan Dzingel
Logan Brown
Cody Ceci

To :sens:

Cal Foote
Taylor Raddysh
2019 1st
2020 2nd (conditional on Dzingel re-signing or if TB wins SC)

TB has no capspace to re-sign Ceci or Dzingel

They have over 73’m on the books next year and Point + half of their top 6D are on expiring contracts. They probably need to trade Callahan and Killeen this offseason just to keep Stralman and Point

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
If Duchene is not willing to sign in Ottawa I wonder if he would be willing to sign in Dallas - do a hockey deal around Benn

They can take Ceci while were at it

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
TB has no capspace to re-sign Ceci or Dzingel

They have over 73’m on the books next year and Point + half of their top 6D are on expiring contracts. They probably need to trade Callahan and Killeen this offseason just to keep Stralman and Point

I thought of that. I wonder if we could squeeze another asset out of it if we take on Callahan's contract. Might need it to hit the floor if we can't get our big 2 signed.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To NYI: Ryan Dzingel LW, Cody Ceci RD, Maxime Lajoie LD & Rudolf Balcers LW
To Ottawa: Noah Dobson RD, Keiffer Bellows LW, & Johhy Boychuk RD (salary dump)

Bellows - Duchene - Batherson
Tkachuk - White - Stone
Formenton - Chlapik - Ryan
Paul - Brown - Rodewald/Nurmi/Gagne (Leason)

Chabot - Boychuk - by the time Boychuck is done, JBD should be ready
Wolanin - Jaros
Harpur - Dobson/Boro

Anderson - Hogberg/Gustavsson

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I thought of that. I wonder if we could squeeze another asset out of it if we take on Callahan's contract. Might need it to hit the floor if we can't get our big 2 signed.
I could see it in the offseason although he has a 16 team NTC

I think he is an important enough player that they will keep him til the offseason if possible

He is part of a very good 4th line with Pacquette and Joseph/Erne

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Would Ceci even get in the lineup for the Bolts? Seems like they have en entire D core better than him and it would be a strange move for a team in a cap crunch to acquire an overpaid bottom pairing d man.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Man a Calgary poster got all pissy because I asked if Anderson to Calgary for Smith and a pick is something they think the team would be interested in.

People are so uptight. :laugh:

Reactions: topshelf15

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
To NYI: Ryan Dzingel LW, Cody Ceci RD, Maxime Lajoie LD & Rudolf Balcers LW
To Ottawa: Noah Dobson RD, Keiffer Bellows LW, & Johhy Boychuk RD (salary dump)

Bellows - Duchene - Batherson
Tkachuk - White - Stone
Formenton - Chlapik - Ryan
Paul - Brown - Rodewald/Nurmi/Gagne (Leason)

Chabot - Boychuk - by the time Boychuck is done, JBD should be ready
Wolanin - Jaros
Harpur - Dobson/Boro

Anderson - Hogberg/Gustavsson
Totally unrealistic proposals.
Isles are 1 -3 pts out of 1st in the metro and WC spots with games in hand, in an evaluation season . This is gravy .

They are not trading bluechippers like Dobson or recent 1st rounders like Bellows for Ceci or soon to be ufas.

And Boychuk having a good season, is a Trotz favorite with a NTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad