Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pretty sure it's his D+2 year actually (passed over twice!)

A bit scary to add a player like that, but he was great at the WJC's and could easily carve out a Tanner Pearson like career, imo.

My Bad, you are right he was 2017 eligible. I guess it was wishful thinking on the D+1. His stats would be more impressive then. D+2 is harder to gauge but I would expect him to go late first , early second none the less.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ceci is ruined here,he may have had some upside 4 coaches ago....In this sentence also lies the entire problem
How good could he really have been? Even in low pressure situations and basic plays he may completely clueless. Has no skill except size and skating

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I think the Blues have some decent pieces that Ottawa could use.
Why not make a trade?

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
How good could he really have been? Even in low pressure situations and basic plays he may completely clueless. Has no skill except size and skating
I think it a hockey IQ thing. Move him to a team in the states. Take the pressure off of him and I would not hold onto him for too long or it will be another low value option. Probably the only one of the bunch that actually wants to stay in Ottawa.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Honestly the guy gets a bad rep but he's absolutely earning it all by himself. I'm all for defending players that get a bad rep if they can bring something to the table here and there, for example Zack Smith is not the most loved guy around here but I've always respected him he's a good bottom 6 guy and stands up for his teammates. Sure, he's overpaid but he's a decent guy to have on a team. Ceci has been absolutely terrible these last few games, like absolutely terrible. He's been responsible for multiple goals against by himself. You look at our roster and he's one of our worst players on defense right now.

I will defend unexperienced guys when they make mistakes just like I defended Ceci when he played his first seasons here because it's 100% normal to make mistakes, especially in Ottawa where for some reason it seems like it's impossible to add good veteran D to help the younger guys. At this point though... I mean the guy is running out of excuses. He's bad and that's the way it is simply. Get him on another team, fresh start different role and hopefully he can turn into a player but wow he's just plain bad right now and for the last seasons as well.
Someone in management has him as a favorite and won't let him go. All I can think is local boy and they don't want to see him go for whatever strange reason.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Any updates on Mark Stone?
So if Doughty had his contract extention all ready to go and sign prior to the signing period what is the hold up with Stone?

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I was cautiously optimistic that Stone and Duchene would get signed, but now I fully expect them both to be out the door by month's end followed by Melnyk bellowing about how Ottawa is "LOADED UP ON PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE NEXT FIVE SIX SEVENTY YEARS"

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Pretty sure it's his D+2 year actually (passed over twice!)

A bit scary to add a player like that, but he was great at the WJC's and could easily carve out a Tanner Pearson like career, imo.

That's why to me hes a mid 2nd or later type pick.

If this was his D 1 season then ya maybe the first but to me even a 2nd is stretching it.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Any updates on Mark Stone?
So if Doughty had his contract extention all ready to go and sign prior to the signing period what is the hold up with Stone?

A couple days ago Stone said his agent and Dorion would begin discussions in a few weeks

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
That's why to me hes a mid 2nd or later type pick.

If this was his D 1 season then ya maybe the first but to me even a 2nd is stretching it.

I definitely understand the hesitation.

Tanner Pearson was a D+2 guy who ended up being drafted in the 1st round and Leason is going to put up better numbers this year than TP dis in his draft year.

This guy has Stone-esque qualities, imo. I'd hate to miss out on him because our scouting team was too scared to pick him or thought he would drop further.

There's obviously risk to it, but the same can be said about drafting an 18 year old.

Reactions: Caesar Rex

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I definitely understand the hesitation.

Tanner Pearson was a D+2 guy who ended up being drafted in the 1st round and Leason is going to put up better numbers this year than TP dis in his draft year.

This guy has Stone-esque qualities, imo. I'd hate to miss out on him because our scouting team was too scared to pick him or thought he would drop further.

There's obviously risk to it, but the same can be said about drafting an 18 year old.

I do like his defensive awareness, his ability to steal pucks and his smart board play im just very concerned using our first pick possibly on a D2 guy. Huge risk.

If we had multiple picks in the first and 2nd sure but i dont know.

Maybe we take him with Florida 2nd who knows.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Julius Honka can be a interesting trade target at the deadline in a potential Dzingel trade. He’s worth taking a flyer on.

Chabot - Honka
Lajoie - Demelo
Wolanin/Borowiecki - Jaros

Dzingel for Honka + 2nd

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Julius Honka can be a interesting trade target at the deadline in a potential Dzingel trade. He’s worth taking a flyer on.

Chabot - Honka
Lajoie - Demelo
Wolanin/Borowiecki - Jaros

Dzingel for Honka + 2nd

Appropriate value for Dzingel would be Lindell instead.

Honka in terms of ice time is essentially their 6th-7th dman.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Appropriate value for Dzingel would be Lindell instead.

Honka in terms of ice time is essentially their 6th-7th dman.

You're out to lunch if you think they'd move Lindell for an impending UFA.

I agree that Honka probably isn't good enough to be the centerpiece of a Dzingel deal, but you're severely underrating Lindell in this scenario.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Honestly the guy gets a bad rep but he's absolutely earning it all by himself. I'm all for defending players that get a bad rep if they can bring something to the table here and there, for example Zack Smith is not the most loved guy around here but I've always respected him he's a good bottom 6 guy and stands up for his teammates. Sure, he's overpaid but he's a decent guy to have on a team. Ceci has been absolutely terrible these last few games, like absolutely terrible. He's been responsible for multiple goals against by himself. You look at our roster and he's one of our worst players on defense right now.

I will defend unexperienced guys when they make mistakes just like I defended Ceci when he played his first seasons here because it's 100% normal to make mistakes, especially in Ottawa where for some reason it seems like it's impossible to add good veteran D to help the younger guys. At this point though... I mean the guy is running out of excuses. He's bad and that's the way it is simply. Get him on another team, fresh start different role and hopefully he can turn into a player but wow he's just plain bad right now and for the last seasons as well.
His value keeps declining I am surprised PD has not moved him yet?

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Sabres fan here. What’s the deal with Tierney? I noticed he’s on the 4th line today. Is he not performing? would he be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad