Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Robinson, Stortini, 7th to SJ for Wingels

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Really nothing of value given up, got a depth guy on retained salary.

As someone who would have been pleased with no moves, there is nothing not to like about this trade. Well done.

Not saying he's a big improvement or anything, but we literally gave up old guys who should never play in the NHL and an extremely late pick. If singles improves the depth in any way it's a win.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We gave up crap, so can't expect much back.

Was hoping for a bigger move as Wingles doesn't change much.

This depth move has no effect on whether Dorion makes more significant trades before the deadline.

And if Wingels can take one of the bottom liners spots, it does change a lot. This was a problem that needed to be addressed.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This trade reduces Sens contracts to 47 out of 50. Also, maybe this opens up the possibility of trading Lazar. Maybe some teams hold him in high regard still.

Too bad Wingel couldn't make it in time for tonight, SJ is in Winnipeg for a game tonight, it's only a couple hours flight.

Less than 4 hours until the game. It is about a 2 hour 22 minute flight from Winnipeg to Ottawa.

I honestly don't think he would have enough time to make it.

spader

Oct 13, 2013
Saskatchewan
Preferably not, but I don't think I have to worry.

When was the last time Neil was benched? Do people really see him being put in the press box?

Lazar, yeah, Neil...don't see it. Same with Kelly.

I love how, unbidden, you've created a scenario like this. Why not just say, "I really don't think Neil will be benched"? Why bring your dirty laundry into it? :laugh:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
8 points, playing on SJs 4th line. I hope you don't expect much.

Still time to make another move, so hope this isn't the only player we trade for.

He's having a bad year for sure. Been documented. Anyway I was kidding in my post. But whatever. I think its positive. Nothing to get too excited about , and I really don't think anyone is.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
We won the deal no question as the players we gave up aren't NHLers. But i'm not sure why some are so excited.

Nothing " great" about this move at all.

Just 2 years ago Wingels matched Zack Smith's career high in points. They year before that he bettered it by 2 points. He plays a hard game and is defensively responsible. This is a serious upgrade to our bottom six. All for the price of players who were never playing in an Ottawa uniform and a 7th round pick.

What's not to love?

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Less than 4 hours until the game. It is about a 2 hour 22 minute flight from Winnipeg to Ottawa.

I honestly don't think he would have enough time to make it.

Sometimes when I was late for a game I'd get dressed in the car, and then all I had to do was put on my skates when I got there.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Just 2 years ago Wingels matched Zack Smith's career high in points. They year before that he bettered it by 2 points. He plays a hard game and is defensively responsible. This is a serious upgrade to our bottom six. All for the price of players who were never playing in an Ottawa uniform and a 7th round pick.

What's not to love?

Lack of a real reason to complain? :sarcasm:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I love how, unbidden, you've created a scenario like this. Why not just say, "I really don't think Neil will be benched"? Why bring your dirty laundry into it? :laugh:

Just to show how much I don't think it's gonna happen. I also never said dirty and also, I think I could marinate and cook the shorts into quite a dish. Quite a dish...

:scared:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Would not be popular but maybe trade Neil.

I'll tip my hat to you guys if Neil is traded or benched. I just don't see Boucher doing it to a guy who has played 1000+ games and still has some life left in him - although, I also fully understand that our 4th line has ZERO offense.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Lack of a real reason to complain? :sarcasm:

raw

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
I know Sharks fans are saying he hasn't really been the same player the last 2 years but man injecting some skill onto the 4th line sure would be nice. Lets hope he can do even half of the stuff he does in this video

Oct 10, 2010

What's not to love?

I don't question the price, we gave nothing. I question the impact. What he's done in the past doesn't mean anything if he's going to get 4th line minutes here.

The part not to love, is it doesn't change much with regards to W/L.

Again, we win the trade, just don't think it means much if anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad