Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Based on what? Stay watching?

Reading his hockeyDB stat page?

Mackinnon was ridiculously far from mediocre last year.

He was great. Anyone who watched last year would’ve realized that quite easily.
Mackinnon has under achieved the last 3 seasons and even he said he had to play better.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Friedman mentioned how he thinks teams like St.Louis are willing to trade prospects for a guy like Nash and how the return will be good for the Rangers. No doubt in my mind a team will overpay for Pacioretty, just a matter if Bergevin still thinks he can salvage this season.

Also, Friedman says the he isn't convinced that Pacioretty will get dealt. Speculates that teams may be more willing to get him at the draft. Thinks that Calgary could be interested as he has another year left.

Reactions: Runner77

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Friedman mentioned how he thinks teams like St.Louis are willing to trade prospects for a guy like Nash and how the return will be good for the Rangers. No doubt in my mind a team will overpay for Pacioretty, just a matter if Bergevin still thinks he can salvage this season.

Also, Friedman says the he isn't convinced that Pacioretty will get dealt. Speculates that teams may be more willing to get him at the draft. Thinks that Calgary could be interested as he has another year left.
So he contradicts himself in the same speech? Friedman :shakehead

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
It was meant like, if a team were interested at the deadline or prior, a team like Calgary could be more interested.
Yeah so basically if a team like Calgary makes the trade he was right and if no one trades for Patches, he was still right. Classic Friedman, I think there might be something that could be a trade. :nod:

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yeah so basically if a team like Calgary makes the trade he was right and if no one trades for Patches, he was still right. Classic Friedman, I think there might be something that could be a trade. :nod:
Friedman is more of a Dreger clone than a Mackenzie.

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
Friedman is more of a Dreger clone than a Mackenzie.
Friedman seems to have gotten a hell of a lot more Dreger since Rogers got the hockey rights and hired over the whole HNIC crew.

Before that I held him in an esteem just a rung below McKenzie but he seems to be noticeably worse under the Rogers/Sportsnet banner.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Speaking of Petry's value on the main board, what could we get from Tampa? The way I see it they owe us already :naughty:

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Friedman seems to have gotten a hell of a lot more Dreger since Rogers got the hockey rights and hired over the whole HNIC crew.

Before that I held him in an esteem just a rung below McKenzie but he seems to be noticeably worse under the Rogers/Sportsnet banner.

I think he is on the panel because of Maclean, I agree though, he is not the same guy, the whole concept of all of them around the table almost seemingly wanting to impress Maclean more than anything is comical. I still prefer me some TSN when it comes to hockey talk.

Reactions: Runner77 and Roke

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just a friendly Stars fan jumping so some of you dont get too excited going down the wrong path. The bolded names are simply unatainable from Dallas. Lindell is our clear cut 2nd best defenseman and is playing like a legit 2D and Faksa is our second best center. If Dallas were to make a move for Patches there is simply no way either of those guys are part of the deal ...

HF ought to provide a shortcut so you can print these words in every fake trade post. Every fan of any team will use them as part of a larger argument to depreciate a proposed incoming trade asset and in the same breath, to overevaluate one's team's assets.

Reactions: 417

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Petry should be prime Liljegren bait if Vancouver isn't making Tanev available.

You can dangle the bait but they won't bite. Liljegren is one of their planned future defensemen. Mark Hunter is really high on him.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
HF ought to provide a shortcut so you can print these words in every fake trade post. Every fan of any team will use them as part of a larger argument to depreciate a proposed incoming trade asset and in the same breath, to overevaluate one's team's assets.

Not trying to depreciate anything. All im saying is that Patches is never bringing back a 23 year old D who is playing 22+ a night in all situations or a C like Faksa especially as the "NHL player" in a package

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not trying to depreciate anything. All im saying is that Patches is never bringing back a 23 year old D who is playing 22+ a night in all situations or a C like Faksa especially as the "NHL player" in a package

Of course you are. You don't know what Pacioretty is going to bring in a trade. I bet you also predicted how Duchene was not going to attract the huge haul he produced. Why don't we wait and see what a GM who needs that missing offensive piece for a Stanley Cup run, is willing to pay?

Only caveat: our GM is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Another perception from this weekend: we don't need Shaw on the powerplay. Since he's been injured the pp has risen to 7th best in the league. We're better with our most skilled players, and Lehkonen and Gallagher can take over doing the dirty work in front of the net. They're more skilled.

And so, because we don't need him on the pp, we just flat out don't need him. I hope he's not in the top 9 when he returns. In fact I hope he's not in the top 12. Keeping him in the lineup was the original reason they started breaking up the 4th line of Carr Froese/De la Rose Deslaurier and benching Carr.

I hope he's traded. Despite everything else he brings, I want a team where everyone can stick handle.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I still don't see Flames as a fit.

I don't either. They have Gaudreau and Tkachuk left side. What they need is a RW. Gallagher should be their target. Not sure how much Burke gets consulted but he would love to get Gallagher. His kind of player.

Of course Chucky can play RW as we know.

If we are doing just a retool don't think Gallagher would be going.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Another perception from this weekend: we don't need Shaw on the powerplay. Since he's been injured the pp has risen to 7th best in the league. We're better with our most skilled players, and Lehkonen and Gallagher can take over doing the dirty work in front of the net. They're more skilled.

And so, because we don't need him on the pp, we just flat out don't need him. I hope he's not in the top 9 when he returns. In fact I hope he's not in the top 12. Keeping him in the lineup was the original reason they started breaking up the 4th line of Carr Froese/De la Rose Deslaurier and benching Carr.

I hope he's traded. Despite everything else he brings, I want a team where everyone can stick handle.

The PP was rising even when Shaw was there. In fact, when he was there, he was probably the most useful player on the PP unit at the time. He would win the face-offs almost all the time. He would station himself in front of the net and is a master at tipping pucks. I would argue that he was one of the reasons the PP had ANY success at all at first.

Should a trade be required, I'm all for it. And it's not like the PP is struggling without him, either, as you say. But he brings more than just a presence in front of the net during the PP. He's one of the best on the forecheck and wins most of his battles along the boards. He plays with some jam and while having skilled players is a must, having a player like him in the line-up is not detrimental.

And it's not like he can't contribute on the score sheet either. Before he went down, he was on pace to having one of his most productive seasons in his career.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I think it's more about if Bergevin thinks he can salvage next season, with free agent signings this upcoming summer. This year is over. I don't think Bergevin actually believes they will make the POs.
No competitive athlete, ex or current, likes to lose. Not part of their DNA. So if he looks upset in the press box...means little to me. Whatever he says about still believing...also means nothing as admitting the season is over could put a dent on the sales. Perfectly normal to keep the appearance of caring.
But deep down, I'm sure the guy knows this season is toast.
So now it is more about what can they do to bounce back for next season. Trading Patches isn't a smart decision to take if they want to compete next year. That falls directly in line with the rumor that Bergevin is asking an established player in return.

I have been discussing how Patches isn't going anywhere for the past two months or so...maybe Friedman finally caught on. :cheers:
No idea why he is talking about CGY though..Gaudreau and Tkachuk are there on the LW. They need a RW, not a Lefty.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Dallas wouldn't make those trade because they are 5th in the conference and teams that are in their position do not trade key roster players away.
Generally speaking though, yes, Patches could bring back such a return. You are talking about one of the best and most consistent 30g scorers in the NHL over the past 5ish years. Very very very few players can claim to have scorer 30+ goals in 5 of the last 6 seasons. Historically speaking, such a scorer is worth a lot on the trade front.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Dallas wouldn't make those trade because they are 5th in the conference and teams that are in their position do not trade key roster players away.
Generally speaking though, yes, Patches could bring back such a return. You are talking about one of the best and most consistent 30g scorers in the NHL over the past 5ish years. Very very very few players can claim to have scorer 30+ goals in 5 of the last 6 seasons. Historically speaking, such a scorer is worth a lot on the trade front.
You wouldn't think so reading HF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad