Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Don't count on Pacioretty being traded by the deadline. Habs are 7 points out of the last wildcard, and in Bergevin's mind they can still make it. Doesn't take a genius to know that they will get demolished by the Lightning.

Every sources say the habs are selling..

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You take the best deal available for Pacioretty. This idealized version of a mega blockbuster where we get a Lindros like return or no deal is foolish. You only need to look back on the Bobby Ryan trade who was younger than Patch, had similar stats, signed for 2 full years when he got traded in the summer and the return was nowhere near what you people think you're getting. Yet at the same time it's the exact type of deal we need to avoid like the plague. A deal for Patch where the main component is a surefire NHLer with little upside like Silfverberg is not what a rebuilding team should be aiming for.

1st round pick, top prospect and a roster player or a 2nd round pick. That's the return, get it or say no.

Reactions: 417

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
1st round pick, top prospect and a roster player or a 2nd round pick. That's the return, get it or say no.

If you're trading Patch before the deadline to a playoffs team, you are not getting a roster player back unless it's some garbage they don't want for their playoffs push.

If you trade him in the summer, you're missing out on the whole get Patch for 2 playoffs runs component, and you're only getting a Silfverberg type NHLer. What's the point!? No one is going to give a stud + 2-3 quality assets for one year of Patch in the summer when Patch is set to get a big contract after.

Personally, I'd much prefer getting one super high quality asset, than a bunch of low quality assets and long shots. Quantity for quality is always a loss.

We need to be aiming for Erat/Forsberg, Iginla/Nieuwendyk type deals, not that I'm comparing Patch to Erat...

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Nope, LeBrun, McKenzie and Freidman have all said that the Habs are looking at a re-tool. That doesn't mean selling.

Re-tool as in trading Pacioretty and Plekanec?
I expect MB to sell those two along with guys like Schlemko, Morrow, etc.

I don't expect them to trade Weber, Petry or some other core players.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If you're trading Patch before the deadline to a playoffs team, you are not getting a roster player back unless it's some garbage they don't want for their playoffs push.

If you trade him in the summer, you're missing out on the whole get Patch for 2 playoffs runs component, and you're only getting a Silfverberg type NHLer. What's the point!? No one is going to give a stud + 2-3 quality assets for one year of Patch in the summer when Patch is set to get a big contract after.

Personally, I'd much prefer getting one super high quality asset, than a bunch of low quality assets and long shots. Quantity for quality is always a loss.

We need to be aiming for Erat/Forsberg, Iginla/Nieuwendyk type deals, not that I'm comparing Patch to Erat...

Generally the roster player is just a lower level guy, like Danault was for Chicago. It's not a big part of the return.

Reactions: 417

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Re-tool as in trading Pacioretty and Plekanec?
I expect MB to sell those two along with guys like Schlemko, Morrow, etc.

I don't expect them to trade Weber, Petry or some other core players.

Selling impending UFAs and trading guys like Patches or Galchenyuk if its for a shake up for the current make-up of the team.

It isn't a sell off assets for a rebuild situation. So, not sellers.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Selling impending UFAs and trading guys like Patches or Galchenyuk if its for a shake up for the current make-up of the team.

It isn't a sell off assets for a rebuild situation. So, not sellers.

I guess it depends on your definition of selling.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
McCarron + 2nd 2019 for Domi.

Pacioretty - Domi - Drouin
Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Scherbak
Hudon - Danault - Carr
Deslauriers - DLR - Shaw

Mete - Weber
Jerabek - Petry
Alzner - Lernout

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

How on earth did the Habs manage to get Philip Danault (and a 2nd) for Fleischmann and Weise then?

Unless of course you think Danault is garbage

If you're trading Patch If you trade him in the summer, you're missing out on the whole get Patch for 2 playoffs runs component, and you're only getting a Silfverberg type NHLer. What's the point!? No one is going to give a stud + 2-3 quality assets for one year of Patch in the summer when Patch is set to get a big contract after.

It appears as though you're neglecting this very important part in your proposals for Pacioretty. The fact a team would get him for 2 playoff rounds means they should have to pay more than a top prospect +1st.

Vilardi is a very good prospect, but he's not a can't miss prospect, he's pretty much on par with Ryan Poehling who was selected a dozen picks later the same year.

If you're trading Patch Personally, I'd much prefer getting one super high quality asset, than a bunch of low quality assets and long shots. Quantity for quality is always a loss.

I'm not sure I'd qualify Vilardi or Thomas as "high quality assets". I mean they're strong prospects. But if one of them + 1st round pick can return a player like Pacioretty...

Then the Habs should reconsider their plans this deadline and trade Poehling +1st and go out and acquire that elusive Center.

1st + Poehling for Ryan O'Reilly?

If you're trading Patch We need to be aiming for Erat/Forsberg, Iginla/Nieuwendyk type deals, not that I'm comparing Patch to Erat...

I would hope you're not comparing Erat to Pacioretty, he's a much better player than Erat was...clearly, the Caps didn't value Forsberg and that's their misevaluation, we can't use that trade as the template to follow.

Same goes for Iggy for Nieuwendyk...it's not often a HOF current player is traded for a prospect who would eventually turn into a HOF player.[/QUOTE]

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
I think if we don't trade him 50% retained at the deadline, when he has the most value, it would mean that he will be re-signed.

I personally hope we re-sign him for a price that hf will almost universally condemn ie; his actual market value. (almost)

It is rare that a top player like him signs such a sweetheart deal with any team coming off a breakout year, never mind Montreal.

Then he goes on to give us 5 highly productive years at 4.5 mil which is the best money per goal contract in the league the whole time.

He captains our team and is made the on ice scapegoat for poor management moves.

This guy deserves to get paid or traded to someone who will give him the best opportunity to have a big contract year next year.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Would you do:
Weber - Lindgren
For
MacDonald - Sanheim/Frost - St-louis 1st?

We sell low I would say but salary wise we would look good.

Imagine the dram Alzner and MacDonald stuck in their zone for a good minute blocking shot left and right.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lol don't listen to Blues fans or Kings fans. They don't want to trade Thomas/Vilardi alone for Pacioretty which is insane. 1st, 2nd, top prospect and roster player isn't an absurd price. Duchene got more as a worse player. The other team will be getting an elite goalscorer who always produces despite never having a good center with him. I'm sure we can get a lot in return.

Reactions: Andrei79

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
It is 100% accurate.
Based on what? Stay watching?

Reading his hockeyDB stat page?

Mackinnon was ridiculously far from mediocre last year.

He was great. Anyone who watched last year would’ve realized that quite easily.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Absolutely vilardi or Thomas plus a first is acceptable value.

Any high profile player returns that at the deadline. If Vermette or Hanzal get you a first. You are damn well sure that Patches is getting a top prospect too (not a blue chip) like if Vancouver was buying you aren't getting Pettersson.

Reactions: Andrei79

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

He's looking like a player, that's for sure.

Nichuskin
Hintz
First round pick

Vs pacioretty

Do you do it?

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg

He's looking like a player, that's for sure.

Nichuskin
Hintz
First round pick

Vs pacioretty

Do you do it?

No. Hintz in particular, a 0.54ppg guy in the AHL on a strong team in his draft+3 year (and an old guy relative to his draft peers) isn't all that enticing.

If that's the best you get you may as well hang onto Pacioretty until the summer and hope non-playoff teams will also be interested in him then.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal

I m with you on that but dont forget its not PS4 trade those NEVER happen in real life. how unfair to the poor Bergie... can any GM lend him a hand? he needs help. he is a good guy afterall. give him a tremendous player so he can keep his job! ^_^

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
So an AHLer and a second is all Domi is worth?

I don't know they traded Hanzal for a 1st and a 2nd, I derived value from that. McCarron(imo) could be salvaged in the right environment, tall players need time to fill out. I understand he has little value in a trade. I'd go as far as 2x2nd, could be a decent pick up for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad