HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I het a chuckle out of the pundits saying well, hes not going to be leaving Pitts.. lol

This contract is exactly for the reason of being shipped to his preference, in exchange for some young assets and picks at the TDL.

I could easily see him making that decision this year - and yes the Habs would certainly be a top destination.. at 8.7$M we can easily afford him.. especially if Dach cant stay healthy.

Where are we getting that montreal would be a top destination for him? If he moves, and that's a big if, the first question to ask is whether he wants to have a serious shot at the cup. In that case, Montreal is out for sure.

These romantic ideas of prodigies coming back to play for their childhood team are exceptionally rare.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Where are we getting that montreal would be a top destination for him? If he moves, and that's a big if, the first question to ask is whether he wants to have a serious shot at the cup. In that case, Montreal is out for sure.

These romantic ideas of prodigies coming back to play for their childhood team are exceptionally rare.
It depends how fast the prospects progress. Especially on defense. If they are close to a playoff spot this season then Crosby makes them a contender.

Reactions: themilosh

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It depends how fast the prospects progress. Especially on defense. If they are close to a playoff spot this season then Crosby makes them a contender.

If Crosby is looking for a cup, he's looking at a team that is on the cusp or already a strong contender. Montreal is not there now, and they won't be there next year either.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
"If there was a club against which he had to score two goals and have a good night of work with five shots, it would be against the Devils. The Devils have always been interested in Michael Pezzetta and they would like him to one day find himself on waivers." - Renaud Lavoie, via TVA Sports

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
"If there was a club against which he had to score two goals and have a good night of work with five shots, it would be against the Devils. The Devils have always been interested in Michael Pezzetta and they would like him to one day find himself on waivers." - Renaud Lavoie, via TVA Sports
Why do the Devils want all our scrub players?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
If on their next trip, they give DVO the wrong flight times and just leave him behind....does that count as getting rid of his contract?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Trade chips I see the Habs having are:
Mailloux
Dvo
Mesar
Savard
Calgary 1st (likely Florida's)
Anderson
Armia
Evans

Biggest needs are a top 2 RD, another top 6 forward with size, and possibly a goaltending upgrade.

Let's see what Hughes can do with that!

Last edited:
Reactions: dauv

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Mailloux
Mesar
Savard
Anderson
Armia
Evans

Biggest needs are a top 2 RD, another top 6 forward with size, and possibly a goaltending upgrade.

I'd add the 4* 2nds & 4*3rds in next two drafts...

John Carlson. If there's any willingness for that guy to relocate (doubt it, but he did recently comment on Montreal being one of his favorite places to play), he's a guy I could see us pay the cost to add & could see available for a futures quantity package if Washington decides to prioritize re-tool/re-build.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Mailloux
Mesar
Savard
Anderson
Armia
Evans

You can add Barron, Struble, Xhekaj, Dach, Roy, Newhook, Hage, Beck, Kapanen, Engstrom, our 2 2nd and 3 3rd picks. And every prospect not named Demidov.

Only the true core players are untouchables, every one else can be packaged for the right player. Core player for me are Nick, Cole, Slaf, Demidov, Guhle, Reinbacher, Hutson. And even they would be available for the right player (young superstar upgrade).

Laine is also the perfect trade piece if he doesn’t work out. His contract is expiring in only 2 years and his salary is big enough to be the matching salary for a top player making top dollar (ex: Tkachuk, Kaprizov).

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Mailloux
Mesar
Savard
Anderson
Armia
Evans

I don't see Montreal moving Mailloux. Has high end skill. Very young, big D usually take longer to develop. Missed a lot of development time.

Reactions: Gravity and Beaker

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
It's not even possible to recoup value from dvo I'd trade him for almost anything now that we have guys pushing for spots. Send him to Columbus or something for a 3rd; they need to reach the cap floor.
Columbus can (and should) be a trade partner with us.. they have a huge hole to fill, and I'm not so sure they should just throw away the season bc of the tragedy.. clearly theyre not going to make playoffs, but i could see Hugo packaging up "decent" prospect(s) who wont crack our squad (harris etc..) and bundling them with a gally/dvo type deal for a 2nd or 3rd..

They have the cap space, and they are going to need some interim vets to help calm the waters for the next two years.. Fantilli and co are going to get ruined.. they lost JG and Laine in the span of a week..

Think about that - like poof = CC and Dach gone for good.. crazy.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't see Montreal moving Mailloux. Has high end skill. Very young, big D usually take longer to develop. Missed a lot of development time.
I can. I don’t think Hughes has any problems trading him in a package to get a young, established top end RD to solidify the defence or top end forward as long as it helps the team.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Mailloux in a package for R.Andersson would make a lot of sense next summer, when we can extend the latter.

And it gives HuGo time to see what they got in Barron and Engstrom. I can see them being very useful bottom pair D for this team.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Mailloux in a package for R.Andersson would make a lot of sense next summer, when we can extend the latter.

And it gives HuGo time to see what they got in Barron and Engstrom. I can see them being very useful bottom pair D for this team.
Trading Mailloux is a bad decision imo and makes the RD far less promising. I think in 5 years you look back and say how could we trade a RD with a cannon of shot, offensive IQ, who's 6'4" and willing to mix it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad