HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
It's clear to me the Habs are moving out of the first phase of the rebuild. It's not about collecting as many assests as possible anymore. It's about quality over quantity and starting to fill holes you see in the line up in the next 1-2 years with players who match the age group. They are still a couple years away from the playoffs I think but it's time to starting moving in that direction. I don't see them re-cycling the re-build core pieces
or making deals for more picks.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
It's clear to me the Habs are moving out of the first phase of the rebuild. It's not about collecting as many assests as possible anymore. It's about quality over quantity and starting to fill holes you see in the line up in the next 1-2 years with players who match the age group. They are still a couple years away from the playoffs I think but it's time to starting moving in that direction. I don't see them re-cycling the re-build core pieces
I agree. Usually a rebuild takes between 5-7 seasons. But we started with Caufield/Suzuki/Guhle already here, so that helps fast forward it. Plus the Dach acquisition helped us also.

The next two seasons, we will probably not do the playoffs, but chances we draft top5 are low. Probably between 7-10 next season and between 10-15 the one after. Yes you can draft a good player around 10ov, but chances are higher to pick a bust.

So we really need to draft the best player available that will help us long term. It can be a number one dman or a top forward. But that player must be a sure thing. We cant miss.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
100% agreed.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Just trade for Rutger already, ffs. We have all the assets in the world to make it work. And Rutger is a need.

Draft Demidov/Lindstrom and trade Mailloux for Rutger.

Our top 9 is set for the next competing window.

Slaf-Suzuki-Demidov/Lindstrom
McGroarty-Dach-Caufield
Newhook-Beck/Kapanen-Roy

Would need a last piece on RHD. Would like to get a young veteran top 4 (25-28yo) that can eats big minutes while Reinbacher is developping on the 2nd pair. We have nieces pieces to make it work : Matheson, Winnipeg's 1st, 2 X 1st rounder next draft. Just need to find the good dancing partner.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'd definitely like to see us give our bottom 6 a bit more of an actual identity. At the very least, I want one proper energy/checking line.
I think we have 2/3 of our 3tlrd line already. Beck and Newhook would be great together if Dach can stay healthy.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Imagine wasting your chances on Demidov, Lindstrom or a potential 1D for f***ing Farabee, 12OV and another top 10 protected pick.

We tank all f***ing year for this type of opportunity. We should not waste it for this type of quantity package without any gamebreaking asset.
I’d much rather trade up from our lower first than trade down from our higher one. And I’d push hard to get to 10th.

I’m pretty sure SJ traded up to 11 to get Eiserman. Very good chance they walk away with the two best players in this draft.

Yes, I’m fine with getting a safer pick at five. It makes sense. But Eiserman’s upside is crazy good.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I’d much rather trade up from our lower first than trade down from our higher one. And I’d push hard to get to 10th.

I’m pretty sure SJ traded up to 11 to get Eiserman. Very good chance they walk away with the two best players in this draft.

Yes, I’m fine with getting a safer pick at five. It makes sense. But Eiserman’s upside is crazy good.

100% agree

• Love
Reactions: BaseballCoach

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
wouldn't mind wasting a 2nd pick + something else to get rid of Anderson and make place to a kid. I don't think we need that many players in 4 years of drafting
If that's all it cost he'd be gone.

He's got 3 years left so you're looking st a 1st and a good prospect and that's likely low.

On 32 thoughts they speculate that that's why San Jose traded up.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
wouldn't mind wasting a 2nd pick + something else to get rid of Anderson and make place to a kid. I don't think we need that many players in 4 years of drafting
I was thinking about that this morning, Calgary is definitely going towards a rebuild, sending them Gallagher, 2 2nd rounders over the next 2 years and mid level prospect might work. He gets closer to home as well!! We clean up 6.5 over the next 3 seasons

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Saros extended. Really not sure what Nashville is doing, can’t commit to a direction. Also not sure how Askarov will get a chance as the starter anytime soon.
Seema pretty clear to me, they need playoff revenue for consortium survival. They’re retooling on the fly w goal to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Gustave

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Right. And people on this board tend to want to see trades just for the sake of wanting to see trades, so it’s a perfect match, whether it actually improves the team or not. Except I like trades that actually help the team.
wondering
How does this guy not make sense? he skating??

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
IMO, one thing is sure, we will move one dman during this weekend :

Guhle - Savard
Xhekaj - Matheson
Harris - Kovacevic
Hutson - Reinbacher
Barron - Mailloux
Struble - Engstrom

Even if some could start in the AHL, I think what they want to do is give some of our young players opportunities. And with all of those under contracts you need to do something. Maybe it will be underwhelming like trading Kovacevic or Harris but they'll probably do something.

As it stands, the two most worthwhile options I see for this weekend are:

If Demidov is drafted before the Habs pick, draft Buium and package Matheson to leverage another 1st round pick in the teens ;

Or draft Demidov and package #26 and one of Barron/Struble/Harris to climb up the draft ladder - or fetch McGroarty.

ohiohabsfan29

Mar 16, 2022
wondering
How does this guy not make sense? he skating??

He, like many players makes sense at a price that makes sense. But the idea of giving up multiple firsts and Beck and more is just silly. I’d rather have Beck let alone giving up multiple firsts and Beck for this guy just because he’s today’s shiny new toy.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
He, like many players makes sense at a price that makes sense. But the idea of giving up multiple firsts and Beck and more is just silly. I’d rather have Beck let alone giving up multiple firsts and Beck for this guy just because he’s today’s shiny new toy.
nope

jets pick back and ?
is all KH may give. my gut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad