Rumor: Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you rather...

• Eat A Large Bowl Of Damp Mold Every Day

Votes: 40 95.2%
  • Let Chuck Fletcher Manage Your Finances

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just wait until Meier signs an 8 year extension. Devils are perfectly set up to offer him whatever, and he's a perfect long-term fit.

Ask yourself if the Flyers, in the whole organization, have a player who is definitely better or more valuable than the Devils 6th best.

Rumour is they are way off.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flyers shouldn't look at anyone 25 or older, or who needs to be paid in the near future.
Prospects and draft picks only.

If you're gonna suck, be young and cheap.

Reactions: renberg

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Just wait until Meier signs an 8 year extension. Devils are perfectly set up to offer him whatever, and he's a perfect long-term fit.

Ask yourself if the Flyers, in the whole organization, have a player who is definitely better or more valuable than the Devils 6th best.
I’d consider Hart to be in the top 6 there (better, not more valuable, b/c goalie). Healthy Couturier is, as well, if he ever recovers, but I can’t count him now. Konecny maybe?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’d consider Hart to be in the top 6 there (better, not more valuable, b/c goalie). Healthy Couturier is, as well, if he ever recovers, but I can’t count him now. Konecny maybe?

Jack Hughes, Jesper Bratt, Timo Meier, Dougie Hamilton, Nico Hischier, Luke Hughes.

I would trade any of those Flyers for any of these players 1 for 1. As I said, it would've been 7, if the Devils took Cooley.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Meier’s been a better offensive producer than Konecny in their careers so far even if just slightly while being a considerably better defensive forward. Meier’s played on some terrible Sharks teams recently as well just like Konecny has here. They’re about close in age.

Meier might be the 3-5 best player on that roster right now depending where you think Meier stacks up against Hischier & Bratt. I think it’s fair to say Hughes & Hamilton are their top two players.

It honestly shows how far the Flyers are from them & they have good depth to boot on their current roster.

They’re more or less going the analytic approach on goaltending anyway & getting good results this year amongst their three goalies they’ve used. So while Hart is better than any of their guys they don’t really need him either when factoring the cost whether assets &/or contractually.

C75FCE34-1880-46C2-8280-6A8D3354A67E.jpeg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Torts himself said last night there’s going to be “a lot of pain” in the last quarter of the season, & that they need to play smarter with the puck, especially in the neutral zone, to “lessen that pain.”

A few weeks ago, while the Flyers were actually overcoming diminished goaltending by scoring lots of goals, he talked about that and how they needed to get away from all that scoring and get back to "responsible" hockey. Get back to "their" game. Practically immediately the scoring dried up and they got back to nonstop losing.

There's a lot of pain because a coach who abhors offense has decided to make it painful. You win by scoring and Tortorella hates scoring. His idea of the ideal game is a 1-0 score.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Chevys seat in Wpg is getting warm. If Chuckles wasn’t on vacation he could exploit him with a Provy deal

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Meier’s been a better offensive producer than Konecny in their careers so far even if just slightly while being a considerably better defensive forward. Meier’s played on some terrible Sharks teams recently as well just like Konecny has here. They’re about close in age.

Meier might be the 3-5 best player on that roster right now depending where you think Meier stacks up against Hischier & Bratt. I think it’s fair to say Hughes & Hamilton are their top two players.

It honestly shows how far the Flyers are from them & they have good depth to boot on their current roster.

They’re more or less going the analytic approach on goaltending anyway & getting good results this year amongst their three goalies they’ve used. So while Hart is better than any of their guys they don’t really need him either when factoring the cost whether assets &/or contractually.

View attachment 657629

Looking into some botox?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'm not even sure what exploiting Winnipeg looks like honestly.

They have some decent prospects and this years 1st will be one of the best playoff teams picks.

Take Dillon as well and then flip him for more assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad