Trade Deadline- What to Do??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

looseneditforyou

Apr 30, 2011
Not really. This is the going rate for a top 6 center and rental players. Need an example? Vermette.

Aren't you a Canucks fan? Judging by post history you are. "Us" for you is not "Us" for Hawks fans. Not saying you are not welcome but you saying "us" is weird.
I've been watching more Hawks than Canucks hockey for the last season and a half. Ironically, one thing that pulled me that way was than the Hawks board is a lot less dumb and shouty and has more literate/older posters. But yeah, I grew up watching the Canucks and still do regularly.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I've been watching more Hawks than Canucks hockey for the last season and a half. Ironically, one thing that pulled me that way was than the Hawks board is a lot less dumb and shouty and has more literate/older posters. But yeah, I grew up watching the Canucks and still do regularly.
Any chance the Canucks are "dumb" enough to want Brent Seabrook? We'll staple Toews contract as a sweetner. We wouldn't ask for much back in return.

That's $16-17mn per of future Hall of Famers for the next 5 years.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Look at what Martin Hanzal got last year... Centers are also extremely valuable. Anisimov also isn't a 'rental' locked up for a few years.

Pittsburgh is hot right now, they will move up in the standings.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Any chance the Canucks are "dumb" enough to want Brent Seabrook? We'll staple Toews contract as a sweetner. We wouldn't ask for much back in return.

That's $16-17mn worth of future Hall of Famers for the next 5 years.

It seems to be a 25/75 split between Canuck fans.

Many dont know how bad Seabrook is, and are willing to take him on if we add a 1st+prospect like Jokiharju though.

I think we should hold on and wait for compliance buyout.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
just so everyone is aware of the market and actual value-

it is being reported that Jack Johnson (who I have always loved for his service to USA Hockey) is apparently fishing back a late first round pick offer.....that is correct, a player who at this stage of his career would likely be no higher than a #4 on most teams is getting back a late first in a good draft.

Stan, get on the phone immediately and get Anisimov moved while some teams still have picks available. Anisimov should get us a 1st plus if JJ can land that...

we as fans think we know players value, but the trade deadline always proves us wrong lol!

He's also not getting that until he gets that.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Most of your top six, top four guys are playing well into their mid thirties nowadays... Most of them not hitting a wall until the wrong side of 35. Look around the NHL. Plenty of examples of teams with an older core, still playing at a high level.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
For example, Patrick Sharp put up more points last season, at 35, than Toews will this season, at 29...

Yeah.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
my lord is Shayne Gostisbehere something to watch....the last 5 or so games for him, not sure I have seen a better d man in the league right now...Flyers aren't going anywhere anytime soon (I don't think they make the playoffs) maybe they would take our entire 2018 draft for him!!! lol... 24 minutes a night, plus player, gets shots through, and damn is he so smooth running the point...it is crazy he went in the third round...just tells you everything you need to know about scouting- it isn't perfect.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Thoughts on a Hartman for Bennett swap?

Bennett as rookie playing LW with Backlund and Frolik showed promise but struggled last year flipping between W/C and this year playing outside of Flames top 6 often he is sorta a guy stuck in bad situation with regard to his development

Hartman has regressed this year IMO and I think the idea of acquiring Bennett and moving Schmaltz to C fulltime going forward with Kane at RW could be just the situation that allows Bennett to get back on track and break out going forward and tap into the potential that has thus far remained elusive to his development

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Bennett as rookie playing LW with Backlund and Frolik showed promise but struggled last year flipping between W/C and this year playing outside of Flames top 6 often he is sorta a guy stuck in bad situation with regard to his development

Hartman has regressed this year IMO and I think the idea of acquiring Bennett and moving Schmaltz to C fulltime going forward with Kane at RW could be just the situation that allows Bennett to get back on track and break out going forward and tap into the potential that has thus far remained elusive to his development

I don’t like Bennett, but I’d do the deal anyway. We need any deals we find like the Panik/Duclair swap where we trade a known quantity for one with more potential.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

It's not a horrible idea. Bennett likely still has a higher ceiling than Hartman.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What if Calgary included a second/third round pick?

I mean, it doesn’t look bad on its own and I’m not completely against it but if you’re asking me personally, AA is one of the only chips we have and I’d like to see what else is out there. It’s a good deal though and definitely not something to be mad about if it happened. You never know, Bennett could blossom here.

Are you thinking it’d be better to trade AA than Hartman?

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

ref harman regression. i would like to put it this way. everyone had a regression of sort. the only player to shine is the rookie d-cat.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
We need to get a lot more picks in this draft considering Montreal has our 2nd thanks to that brain dead Danault deal Bowman made all those years ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad