Trade Deadline- What to Do??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Toews has already approached Bowman and requested a trade to a city where it is marginally easier to find vegan food.
This is sarcasm, right? If not, I've been giving your comments too much credibility up til now.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I'm willing to bet that Toews isn't happy with Toews right now. If he doesn't have a medical issue, fingers crossed that he returns to a semblance of what he was... whatever that takes. If he does get traded, blow er up. A player likes Toews is not replaceable... at least not overnight. It would take years to climb back.

The only leader-type that I see in the current org is John Hayden, and he will never be a Jonny Toews.
I agree. I kind of see a little bit of Toews in Hayden ... maybe he steps up over the next couple years.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Anisimov needs to go

Get value for him and move on

The better these young guys look, the more sense it makes. As much as I love AA, we can preemptively create extra cap for their raises and get good value back. The last thing this team needs is Anisimov going down and becoming a shadow of himself. Need to go full on young and cheap everywhere we can.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Blow it up!

Put everyone not named Kane , Crawford , Keith , Schmaltz and Debrincat on block

I don't care if Toews and Seabrook are untradeable put it out there they are on block anyway

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Sell sell sell!!!!! The ‘core’ thinks they have to go through the motions and that is all. Start asking all of them to waive their NTC and they might realize the team is ready to move on. Of course fire Q before that happens.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
shop Bouma, Sharp, Wingles and Anisimov.
Tell GMs some others like Rutta, Kempny and Hartman are available for the right offer.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Trade Toews, Saad and Seabrook at TDL even if takes all draft picks from this year and a a top prospect, get these slugs off this team ASAP, pathetic bunch...

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Trade Toews, Saad and Seabrook at TDL even if takes all draft picks from this year and a a top prospect, get these slugs off this team ASAP, pathetic bunch...
sell low on everyone! put the future in a worse position!

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
sell low on everyone! put the future in a worse position!

Trust me no one will want this junk, the only danger to the future is these guys being on the team for the remainder of their contracts, we will see 5-6 more years of garbage missing playoffs/first round knockout hockey, fed up of it, it has been 3 years...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Trust me no one will want this junk, the only danger to the future is these guys being on the team for the remainder of their contracts, we will see 5-6 more years of garbage missing playoffs/first round knockout hockey, fed up of it, it has been 3 years...

Do you honestly think no one would want Saad?

It has been 3 years? Us Hawks fans have it so rough...

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Do you honestly think no one would want Saad?

It has been 3 years? Us Hawks fans have it so rough...

Well some on this board now think he's just a $6 million 4th liner now. So I guess if that's what you believe, then i guess it makes sense to say nobody wants him.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No one wants garbage for 6M...

1 bad year and a player is garbage? Let's be logical here, this is the NHL and players consistently get chances to bounce back. So your claim in 100% incorrect. Trading now would be selling at the low point, which would be a moronic move.

Imagine we did not give an opportunity bounce back after every garbage post....:sarcasm:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
1 bad year and a player is garbage? Let's be logical here, this is the NHL and players consistently get chances to bounce back. So your claim in 100% incorrect. Trading now would be selling at the low point, which would be a moronic move.

Imagine we did not give an opportunity bounce back after every garbage post....:sarcasm:

Ya ya buddy keep pumping those imaginary tires, this entire team is garbage starting from Stan downward [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Ya ya buddy keep pumping those imaginary tires, this entire team is garbage starting from Stan downward [mod]

Pump what tires? Who is giving people a pass? You are making up these imaginary ideas.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

We all think this team needs a rebuild but selling players low (who have a long track record of strong play) after 1 bad season shows that you don't understand how rebuilds/assets work.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Who is giving anyone a pass?

You're saying Saad is viewed around the league as being less than a 4th liner, and people are making sure you don't get a pass for saying something so outlandish.

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
It seems like forever ago, but remember Saad in the pre-season and the first two regular season games? It looked like he was psyched to be back and primed to take his game to the next level. Just another strange turn of events on and surrounding this team.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It seems like forever ago, but remember Saad in the pre-season and the first two regular season games? It looked like he was psyched to be back and primed to take his game to the next level. Just another strange turn of events on and surrounding this team.

that opening night game was almost bizzaro world for this team. they looked so damn mighty out there all lines were clicking...you just felt this was the year again as the youth was stepping up big time as well...that feels like forever ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad