Trade Deadline Discussion Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Raphael Diaz ‏@diaz_raphael_61 33s
I have been traded again, 4weeks, 3 nhl organisations, 1 Olympics , this is hockey....

Lol that's gotta be crazy for Diaz

Actually, Diaz followed the obligatory Vigneault Circuit: from Montreal, to the Cannots and finally to the Rangers.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Who's the retired player that played for Carolina all these years and finished his career with the Leafs? I don't remember his name but he was the panelist of the day on TSN. Dude says no bull, pulls no punch and he's hilarous. Esp. on TSN radio.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Watching Bryan Burke right now at the Calgary Flames Press Conference. His hair is getting longer and longer. I think he should grow himself a beard and go for the Duck Dynasty look.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Imagine we traded bourque for camm? I agree cammy value is higher but isnt he ufa? that would of been hilarious. We probably could thrown Leblanc and a pick. We also don't seem to have cap space now.

With cammy we would have been absolutely loaded but with Vanek we already are.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
We can all agree that with that trade MB thinks we can win the cup.

Right?

Apparently, yes, he must believe we're contending now. Unless he's spoken privately to Vanek about re-signing, this remains a purely "Now" move.

Do we magically become a contender with one new guy? Hard to say how much of a bump we get. With Tinordi/Beaulieu added on D, with Vanek added on the wing, we're a different team than last year. How much better is impossible to say right now, but I give Bergevin credit for having the balls to pull off this move.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Apparently, yes, he must believe we're contending now. Unless he's spoken privately to Vanek about re-signing, this remains a purely "Now" move.

Do we magically become a contender with one new guy? Hard to say how much of a bump we get. With Tinordi/Beaulieu added on D, with Vanek added on the wing, we're a different team than last year. How much better is impossible to say right now, but I give Bergevin credit for having the balls to pull off this move.

Same, but don't underestimate the trickle down effect Vanek brings to the forwards. It isn't a Ryder or a Cole. Vanek is legitimate offensive threat. Let's hope he acquires chemistry quickly.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec

Yes same. Either or not this move is good or not at the end, we can all agree that he at least tried something.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Imagine we traded bourque for camm? I agree cammy value is higher but isnt he ufa? that would of been hilarious. We probably could thrown Leblanc and a pick. We also don't seem to have cap space now.

With cammy we would have been absolutely loaded but with Vanek we already are.

had cammy here, done that

:shakehead

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Great day fellows. Even if Vanek is a rental, like many said, we didn't lose anything we could count on. So, at least he makes this year better and who knows?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Vanek, Gaborik etc didn't go for a 1st. Cammy is clearly two steps below those guys.

Don't agree with Gaborik. Vanek, surely. Yet, still wondering what that post was all about. What does it has to do with Gauthier haters?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Wasn't there a bunch of people who said Diaz would be in Vancouver's top 4 and help them in the playoffs? Guess that didn't work out.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Who's the retired player that played for Carolina all these years and finished his career with the Leafs? I don't remember his name but he was the panelist of the day on TSN. Dude says no bull, pulls no punch and he's hilarous. Esp. on TSN radio.

Jeff O'Neil.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
So, you ****ing *****es who pimped up Diaz as some great god now have your "golden calf" sold by Vancouver for....drumroll....a 5th rounder.

Get a room. With yourself. Get the optional padded walls. Sing happy birthday until you fall asleep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad