GDT: Trade Deadline Day Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They are setting up the annual post TDD press conference... so looks like Nonis is done.

Leaf_Crazy

Jan 22, 2003
Toronto
Tough Crowd.

All you people are disappointed?

If you were told we would move Clarkson at the deadline a week ago without any cap repercussions you would have considered that a success.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Nonis will come out and say the same crap he always says " we feel that we didnt get a offer that was acceptable for any of our players." Same crap every trade deadline and again we head into summer with the same bloody core.

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010
err I hate fans that say "we should have moved bozek, lupul, etc at the deadline"
How do you know what we were offered, probably crap like Stephen Wiess.
I trust our managment to not make move just to make a move

James Duthie

Kadri is 3 Hunna
May 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Sucks to be Phaneuf, now media will ask "How close were you to being a Red Wing" "Did you expect to be traded today" Lupul put it nicely, TSN was TMZ today.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Tough Crowd.

All you people are disappointed?

If you were told we would move Clarkson at the deadline a week ago without any cap repercussions you would have considered that a success.

I'm happy with the trades that were made leading up to today. I was hoping one of Lupul or Bozak would get dealt today but it's not a huge deal.

bobbyflex

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto, ON
Nonis will come out and say the same crap he always says " we feel that we didnt get a offer that was acceptable for any of our players." Same crap every trade deadline and again we head into summer with the same bloody core.

why is so hard for people to understand that teams aren't looking to take on significant term at the TDL. These trades always happen in the off-season.

tell me please how many players (not prospects) were traded that have contracts extending past next season?

:shakehead

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Lower your expectations. It's going to take a ton of toxic money to get anyone to take our overpaid ling term players off our hands.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We got rid of Clarkson... somehow, and got good returns for Santa, Winnik, Franson and Jokinen.

I'm happy.

This summer will be busy

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
now with the deadline gone now the Leafs who wanted to stay here will start to play good again and here comes a 7 game winning streak to screw the draft spot

I am looking at you Bozak, Lupul

The team looked pretty lifeless the last few games though. All the toughness and fight in this team was traded away. If only Polak was gone too.

Un33q

Apr 8, 2010
Toronto
Are you suggesting that Nonis doesn't need to be fired based on what he has done so far? LOL

Regardless of whether there is a blockbuster waiting to be done, he has to be fired based on his track record.

I do agree with you. Nonis (HO in general) have dug a giant hole for which there is very little light/hope to reach... but with the 3pm deadline just passing and people saying "He didn't do anything today?!?! (besides Jokinen) FIRE HIM". I feel they may be jumping the gun just based on today's transactions or lack thereof. General thoughts of Nonis based on ALL that has happened are valid.

JCole

Feb 19, 2015
If i see this fatty-mcbutterpants on the tred climber again ima lose my mind.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

How is it crap if it's true. Is Nonis supposed to say " Oh you want Phaneuf for a 7th and we retain half his salary? YES PLEASE!"

It may not be what you want to hear, but it's likely the truth. If they don't like the deal, they're not going to do it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If you're upset...

B_HnkATWwAAJ5iT.jpg

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
We got rid of Clarkson... somehow, and got good returns for Santa, Winnik, Franson and Jokinen.

I'm happy.

This summer will be busy

You're always happy and optimistic though.

You don't count.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
So what does our line up look for the last 19 games of the season:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Panik
Komarov-Holland-Booth
Sill-Smith-Kozun

Phaneuf-Holzer
Rielly-Polak
Gardiner-Robidas

Yikes. Luckily we will still continue to suck ass without having to ship the big names out.
That's gotta be the worst bottom 6 in the league.

Grapes03

Feb 27, 2012
I just wanted Lupul and Bozak gone. Something about those guys... I think they are really going to mess up our tank in the coming month.

Raymondo316

Nov 11, 2007
Maidstone England
I find the whole thing laughable

Nonis gave out all these stupid contracts & got us in this mess. Yet hes the one in charge of trying to get rid of them

And people are surprised no one wants our ''rubbish'' :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad