GDT: Trade deadline 2021

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
Dillon, Panik, 1sr and 3rd for Schmidt is an easy yes for me. Don't know about Vancouver.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Dillon, Panik, 1sr and 3rd for Schmidt is an easy yes for me. Don't know about Vancouver.
I love Nate Schmidt, and have often lamented the decision not to pay to effectively protect him. (So glad we spent that pick on Lucas Johansen instead).

But I wouldn’t do this, because I don’t like his contract. $5950000 until he’s 33 is a no from me.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I love Nate Schmidt, and have often lamented the decision not to pay to effectively protect him. (So glad we spent that pick on Lucas Johansen instead).

But I wouldn’t do this, because I don’t like his contract. $5950000 until he’s 33 is a no from me.
This I agree with. While Schimdt is definitely more enticing option than Dillon his contract still doesnt worth gambling on this.

Reactions: HecticGlow

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
But wait I thought it was because GMBM was an idiot????
In fairness Hall hasn’t come out and said he rejected every team but Boston, only that his NMC is part of how he ended up there. He could just as easily have said yes to Boston, Washington and Vegas and no to the Isles, Panthers and Nordiques and Buffalo went with the best option he OK’d.

Personally, I’d rather be on the same team as Tom Wilson rather than in his crosshairs. But hey ho.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Nate Schmidt being 33 at the end of his current deal is mind blowing to me. I still think he's 26.

Reactions: HecticGlow

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Pinho as the extra center it is. God help us all.
upload_2021-4-12_18-2-35.jpeg

(In John Oliver style, this vacant PTO mistaken for an NHL player is Braden Pinho. Or at least you’ll believe it is because you have no real clue what Braden Pinho looks like because he’s been such a non-entity on this team when he’s played. His most significant contribution was getting injured after playing just 2 games, in which he went -2 in about 16 minutes combined time on ice. In fact you’ve such little clue who Pinho is that you probably haven’t noticed his name’s not Braden, it’s Brian, and no, this is actually him. Our key to the cup. As perplexed by the notion as you are.)

Last edited:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
So just get the band back together, work it out with Vancouver so that we get back Schmidt to help out our defense, Beagle for the elusive extra center to help out our forwards, and Holtby to help out our goalies.:sarcasm:

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
I don’t get how they can’t pull anything off, cap space can’t be an issue seeing as other teams are having Detroit/san Jose etc retain space, I don’t get it

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I’ll take Dzingle on the 3rd line at this point. Panik, plus second, plus middling prospect.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Must suck to be stuck with the contracts of Hags, Panik and Jensen on the books....3 dudes nobody will touch for a fair value trade.

Caps need a fundamental shift away from being the place bottom-6/bottom-pair guys go to get paid.

Waiting for either no moves, or some bargain bin late move.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Glad they didn't pay the Janmark price.

Laughton or bust. Comeau a darkhorse option I could see fitting. Problem with most of the other checkers available is they're mostly lefties and someone switching seems awkward, esp. if the upside is minimal.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Must suck to be stuck with the contracts of Hags, Panik and Jensen on the books....3 dudes nobody will touch for a fair value trade.

Maybe we should’ve played Panik for 45 minutes a game instead of waiving him in the hope he’d stub his toe and we could send him to LTIR for the season :rolleyes:

I’ll take Dzingle on the 3rd line at this point. Panik, plus second, plus middling prospect.

Would’ve thought Siegenthaler would be a good candidate to package with other assets in this kind of trade. Do we actually have many middling prospects in the organisation? I see Lucas Johansen and half a bag of pucks?

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Add Dillon to this. He overpaid all these guys, and signed them for too long.

BMac better figure something out. Standing pat with the oldest team in the league is a complete failure.

Jun 15, 2007

Caps need a fundamental shift away from being the place bottom-6/bottom-pair guys go to get paid.

Jensen doesn't really belong on that list.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

Why would you want to trade Jensen? He's been good.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I honestly think the list of guys they wanted was small and they are gone. I’m ok with that, there honestly isn’t much out there I thought would help anyway.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Add Dillon to this. He overpaid all these guys, and signed them for too long.

BMac better figure something out. Standing pat with the oldest team in the league is a complete failure.

Hagelin is overpaid if you expected offense for that price. If you value his defensive-minded and high calibre penalty killing at $2.75 m, he delivered.

Panik, Jensen and Dillon are all fairly priced relative to what was expected of them. Curiously, only Jensen seems to be coming close to delivering. The problem with Dillon and Panik was their actual fit with the team, and/or hockey IQ.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Hagelin is overpaid if you expected offense for that price. If you value his defensive-minded and high calibre penalty killing at $2.75 m, he delivered.

Panik, Jensen and Dillon are all fairly priced relative to what was expected of them. Curiously, only Jensen seems to be coming close to delivering. The problem with Dillon and Panik was their actual fit with the team, and/or hockey IQ.
Jensen is ok. Hagelin and Dillon are overpaid.

Panik is a PTO player, way overpaid. If Panik was fairly priced, he would not have cleared waivers. He’s awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad