GDT: Toronto vs Ottawa

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Time for the players to show up every game from here on out so I don't expect a typical Saturday night lazy loss to Ottawa you'd see in say November or December.

Selfishly I really need Matthews to keep it up and Nylander to put up some points again as I'm literally 3 points back in my pool.

GLG!

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Time for the players to show up every game from here on out so I don't expect a typical Saturday night lazy loss to Ottawa you'd see in say November or December.

Selfishly I really need Matthews to keep it up and Nylander to put up some points again as I'm literally 3 points back in my pool.

GLG!

In the last few games, the play has been good but not the results. It feels like they have completely dominated for large portions of games, excited to see if it continues into the playoffs.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Next 5

Ottawa
Detroit
Columbus
Boston
Montreal

Hopefully we can get home ice clinched before we head out on the road trip to end the season.
I'd hope so by then. There's 4 very beatable teams in the next 5.

We all know how that goes but I hope they get some momentum going in the playoffs.

They've been pretty good the last few games despite the record.

They just need to make sure they stop with the stupid give aways (holl) and stop over passing on the powerplay. Shoot the f***ing puck and get rebounds.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'd hope so by then. There's 4 very beatable teams in the next 5.

We all know how that goes but I hope they get some momentum going in the playoffs.

They've been pretty good the last few games despite the record.

They just need to make sure they stop with the stupid give aways (holl) and stop over passing on the powerplay. Shoot the f***ing puck and get rebounds.

Looks like the game 1 defense, IMO.
Who the hell is Zohorna?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Looks like the game 1 defense, IMO.
Who the hell is Zohorna?
Looking that way D wise.

Not the worst. I like the pairings but despite his play lately (thought last game he played well though) I feel like Lilly with Gio is way better.

Lilly can actually skate and put the puck in the net. If they changed that I like the way the D looks.

Zohorna I think was that little trade the Leafs made on trade deadline day with Calgary. Big guy. AHLer.

Reactions: ACC1224

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
When do we start resting players? 11-7 is great and all but Marner was playing 25 minutes a night for the past month. Matthews has found his game, don't want to take him out of the rhythm too much but him being fresh is important. Tavares isn't getting any younger maybe a night off helps.

ROR is back soon, you want him to build chemistry with his linemates. If the plan is for JT to play wing for him, does it make sense to rest him one of these weekend games before he returns?

Reactions: DarkKnight

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Whip that Ass!
WOOP THAT TRICK!!!!! WOOP THAT TRICK!!!!!!! WOOP THAT TRICK!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

When do we start resting players? 11-7 is great and all but Marner was playing 25 minutes a night for the past month. Matthews has found his game, don't want to take him out of the rhythm too much but him being fresh is important. Tavares isn't getting any younger maybe a night off helps.

ROR is back soon, you want him to build chemistry with his linemates. If the plan is for JT to play wing for him, does it make sense to rest him one of these weekend games before he returns?
No, it doesnt sire. We need errrrbody out thurr. Branging that hard shit.

Reactions: ACC1224

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Marner has a shot at 100 points. Doubt he rests til he gets there.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Yeah sire. Some of these suckas aint sittin on dubs. Marner and the captain for example. The captain plays everytime he is healthy. With tavares, I can assure you that. People who might be resting, are: matthews with some injuries. Maybe one game. If even that. RoR might sit the last reg.season game, after he returns. Giordiano will sit some. Errrbody else just plays. Keeps the momentum of the game.

Reactions: ToneDog

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

I think we might see ROR splitting C/W faceoff duties with one of Tavares/Kampf until his hand is as recovered as it’s going to get.

Reactions: authentic

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
I think we might see ROR splitting C/W faceoff duties with one of Tavares/Kampf until his hand is as recovered as it’s going to get.
Yeah, they never use a sucka hard on faceoffs after that kind of injury. Tavares keeps on winning the draw even if ror if back soon. Ror aint taking no draw in his first game. No way in hell.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Meh, it wouldn’t matter if they don’t make some noise in the playoffs. Playoffs should be a priority.
If Marner's wants more ice time because he wants 100 points, I'd trade him. I'm about half serious. And if Keefe is giving him minutes so he can hit 100 points, I'd fire him now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->