Proposal: Toronto - Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I pass. Unless JVR is bringing back a really good RHD, i prefer to keep him.

And i think Preds fans say no....

This is correct. Any deal that involves the Preds top 4 without an equal player coming back (Aka Subban for Weber) is a non-starter.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This is correct. Any deal that involves the Preds top 4 without an equal player coming back (Aka Subban for Weber) is a non-starter.

Yup. I think the only team we can trade with, in respect to JVR, is Anahiem. They have a surplus of quality D, and that's what we would need back for JVR.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
No interest in trading JVR for an nhl player unless its for a guy who is top pairing or could eventually be top pairing.

Rather trade him for prospects and tank for a #1RD to complete our core while the rookies develop.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I think you need to update your "supply/demand at Predators" info. They don't have a top-4 guy to spare any longer. I don't think they would even be interested without the overpayment for the difference between Ellis and JVR, at this point.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Being a big Fabbro fan myself I thought this was a pretty good deal at 1st glance but after some thought Carrick and Zaitsev both are likely to cap out at around Ryan Ellis' level while Fabbro being a BCHL alumni is a complete gamble as to how he'll adapt to higher level hockey.

Seeing Preds fans reaction to this I believe it's a hard pass from both sides

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Nashville can't move any of our top four defense without someone coming back.

Ellis, Ekholm and Josi all make less than 5 mil.

Would have to be Fabbro+ prospects/picks/Wilson

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Nashville can't move any of our top four defense without someone coming back.

Ellis, Ekholm and Josi all make less than 5 mil.

Would have to be Fabbro+ prospects/picks/Wilson
I mean if you really made it worth our while we could add in a nice new shiny Roman Polak

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I mean if you really made it worth our while we could add in a nice new shiny Roman Polak

Or we can be happey (which we are) with our team as is. Sure we could use an experienced 1LW, but not that bad enough to create a larger hole on defense. This trade creates the opposite hole on our team that it creates on your team.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Come on. Ellis and Fabbro absolutely have the value to get JVR. Ellis just doesn't make sense for the Leafs.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Come on. Ellis and Fabbro absolutely have the value to get JVR. Ellis just doesn't make sense for the Leafs.

this.

we're back to the constant undervaluing of Ellis. On top of that, like my fellow preds fans have stated, we would need an overpayment that wouldn't make sense for most teams to offer.

I am not downgrading how important a guy like JVR is, because we could certainly use him but right now...if it's a d-man going back...we're just not the right trade partners.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
2013-14 Toronto Maple leafs finished with 69 points. That team was coached by Carlyle and had players like Kessel/Dion/JVR/Clarkson....it wasn't rebuilding and was trying to compete.

2014-15 Toronto Maple Leafs finished with 68 points....same deal...not rebuilding, trying to compete.

2015-16 Toronto Maple Leafs finished with 69 points....1 better than the previous season, after trading Kessel...moving Dion and starting a rebuild. We lost JVR for 42 games (leading the team in scoring when injured). We lost Bozak (sadly our 1C) for 25 games. We traded our 1D and captain....our goalie was garbage....and yet, we improved by 1 point....how exactly did we tank last season?

Did our team suck? Ya. But tanking assumes losing on purpose...that isn't what happened here.

Starting Sparks in the final game of the season = losing on purpose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad