Proposal: Torey Krug for a Center

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Torey Krug is a great player, but the Bruins are also developing some very nice prospects at left D (Vaakanainen, Grzelcyk and Lauzon) while their center prospects are struggling. A swap of Krug for a high impact 3rd line center could work out for both teams.

Looking for a strong two way center that can put up at least 40 points, reasonable price, some term left, under 32.

Anyone fit the bill?

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Anyone that fits the bill is worth more than Krug assuming similar salaries.

I'm not sure about that. Krug had 59 points last year, is pacing 67 points this year, and has 22 points in his last 23 playoff games. He would make a huge difference to any team in need of a PMD or with a struggling powerplay.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Torey Krug is a great player, but the Bruins are also developing some very nice prospects at left D (Vaakanainen, Grzelcyk and Lauzon) while their center prospects are struggling. A swap of Krug for a high impact 3rd line center could work out for both teams.

Looking for a strong two way center that can put up at least 40 points, reasonable price, some term left, under 32.

Anyone fit the bill?
Ya, Kadri....but i wouldn't do it.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Hayes would need a new contract but he can easily do 40 pts and really became a two way player over the last 3 seasons.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Bryan Little

Interesting idea......but Krug contract is done in 1.5 years then he bolts to ufa likely.......then we have no Krug or Little. I see their values not significantly different outside Little has better term. Krug is a offensive puck moving LHD and Little is a 45- 50 point very good two way centre. Krug is a bit younger, albeit ufa in 1.5 years. Cap balances out roughly. Issues are:

Krug short term before ufa

Little traded for a LHD who plays 2C? Jack isn’t ready yet, Wheeler isn’t a great C.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Anyone that fits the bill is worth more than Krug assuming similar salaries.

This is an insane thing to say. Krug has 50 points the last two seasons and is well on his way to doing it again this year. He plays 22 min a night and quarterbacks a deadly power play. A 40 point center is worth more than that?

Bjugstad?

This is interesting. I haven't seen a lot of him this year. Any reason his numbers are down?

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
This is an insane thing to say. Krug has 50 points the last two seasons and is well on his way to doing it again this year. He plays 22 min a night and quarterbacks a deadly power play. A 40 point center is worth more than that?

This is interesting. I haven't seen a lot of him this year. Any reason his numbers are down?

Krug doesnt have much term left - that limits the return

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Yandle was traded for a top 6 D roster player, the Rangers best prospect, a 1st and a second with 2 months less term.
That prospect was already a known issue. He dropped in the draft because of issues with coaches. Then had issues with coaches here. His value wasnt great when he got moved and since got worse. He is now playing for less then an ELC. What I am getting at is yeah he was a rangers top prospect but he sure as f*** wasn't a top prospect on atleast 25 other teams and might not even be considered a decent prospect on most other teams at the time.

Reactions: Riptide

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
That prospect was already a known issue. He dropped in the draft because of issues with coaches. Then had issues with coaches here. His value wasnt great when he got moved and since got worse. He is now playing for less then an ELC. What I am getting at is yeah he was a rangers top prospect but he sure as **** wasn't a top prospect on atleast 25 other teams and might not even be considered a decent prospect on most other teams at the time.

Sure, but would a third line center with similar term get moved for a similar package? Yes. Krug would command a pretty good package if he was sold for futures.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Kadri is a higher scorer than what I necessarily had in mind.

I was thinking more like Michael Backlund, Lars Eller, Cody Eakin, etc.

Calgary’s center depth is suspect. We can’t move Backlund unless we acquire another 2C ourselves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad