GDT: (TOR vs TB) - TML vs Norfolk-Bay AdmiraLightning Crunch (7:00PM, TSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV*

Frattin, Colborne and Mac in, according to Ray Ferraro. Two heavyweights sit.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Isn't it funny how much flack the team caught for this free agent signing- as though a total nothing move- and now he is unquestionably a core key piece that has lead to our success. He is without question the best PK guy we've had in a decade, and makes so many great outlet plays, defensive stops.

8 goals to go with his incredible work on the PK, and you can plug him just about anywhere in the lineup. At 1.5M that's a freaking steal.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Preparing for life in the playoffs.

I think guys like Frattin, Colborne etc will score valuable goals for us because of the tight checking of the top lines.

SteveV*

8 goals to go with his incredible work on the PK, and you can plug him just about anywhere in the lineup. At 1.5M that's a freaking steal.

You never know, but he could be a sleeper offensively in the playoffs. Depends who he plays with, but I could see him coming up big.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Carlyle is known for last minute changes in his lineup. We have seen it a couple times this year, so it may change again before the game starts.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
That is where the surprise comes in. Komorov has the best HARD (total defensive stat) rating on the team and it is not even close.

McClement is good also

This is a case of advanced stats being misleading.

Komarov is good defensively, but he's not as good as McClemment. I don't even think it's debatable.

SteveV*

That is where the surprise comes in. Komorov has the best HARD (total defensive stat) rating on the team and it is not even close.

McClement is good also

If you had to choose one defensive forward to throw out there, I suspect 90 percent would pick McClement. I love Kom, he brings many different elements to table, but McClement is the best defensive forward to my mind, I don't need stats to confirm or deny.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
We can move to within 2 pts of Montreal with a win tonight. With their struggles the last couple of weeks, they've also burned up their games in hand. We can easily take home ice from them. Imagine if the final day of the season between us determines who gets home ice? It's not also out of the realm of possibility for us to win the NE Division with Boston also struggling mightily lately. We need a big win tonight. Go Leafs Go!

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
Great RC quote via Masters

Carlyle on Kadri: 'We're going to harp on him & ... bark at him ... kick him ... coddle him ... I'm not going to kiss him though'

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
This is a case of advanced stats being misleading.

Komarov is good defensively, but he's not as good as McClemment. I don't even think it's debatable.

The only thing that doesn't lie is the numbers

When we watch the players we see what we want to see. A lot of times this fits the existing narratives.

In the case where the numbers don't match perception examine your biases.

SteveV*

When we watch the players we see what we want to see. A lot of times this fits the existing narratives.

That view assumes that numbers are the only measure, it's not that simple and that is a bias as well.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON

Firstly, I don't dismiss advanced stats, but you're treating them as the end-all - which is not it's purpose.

How is HARD even measured?

In the case of HARD, Jay McClemment is listed last... His lower (than Komarov) HARO QoT and HARD QoT is also indicative of the fact that he carries his line defensively.

Edit: This measure is from Corsi, I'm going to look at Fenwick now.

Edit2: His Fenwick HARD indicates he's overall 'worse' defensively than MacArthur/Kadri/Grabovski, and you know that's nonsense.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie

Static numbers do not tell the story on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad