Proposal: TOR <-> NSH Because I hate my life

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
No reason for any changeups when the majority of our players are playing well. Forsberg has one less point than Nylander in 13 less games.
Looks awful for the locker room; Forsberg's been one of our best forwards, just became our best scorer, is in a friendly battle with Duchene for team leading goal scorer, etc. and we trade him because we're afraid of losing him in July? I'd rather lose him for nothing and try to win with him than deal him on Monday.

We can get a vet defenseman and/or another 2nd liner using our 1st and 2nd if we really need a deadline add, but with the way they usually go I'd prefer to stand pat.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Nashville wins this trade. They get a 1st line talent and a 3rd pairing dman. Toronto gets a very valuable forward in Forsberg, but not much difference between Nylander and Forsberg.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Nashville wins this trade. They get a 1st line talent and a 3rd pairing dman. Toronto gets a very valuable forward in Forsberg, but not much difference between Nylander and Forsberg.
Forsberg isn't as soft though. If Forsberg is signed I take him 8 days a week

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Pass. I don't see any reason for the Preds to downgrade to Nylander. We may wish to add another depth defenseman, but I'm confident we can do that cheaply just by giving up a mid-late round draft pick, we don't need any bigger move than that.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Is Nylander soft? I didn't notice. Guy can ball tho. Forsberg's great too. It's a fairly even trade, edge to Nashville.
Forsberg has 79 hits in 49 GP
Nylander has 14 hits in 62 GP

Both have 58 pts and Forsberg has more goals (33 vs 23). Nylander also has more PP pts. Foraberg also has 11 more blocked shots.

Take what you will (no put intended), but I prefer a Forsberg over a Nylander without thinking twice.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
If he’s extended then I’d 100% do it

Unfortunately if he is extended it’ll be a higher cap hit so we won’t save any money

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tough look, Forsberg is a way better player. More to hockey than the stats sheet you have to watch the games. If he is extended Toronto absoutely does this, but if he is willing to sign an extension why doesnt Nashville just sign him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad