Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CHI] G Petr Mrazek & 25th Overall Pick to CHI for 38th Overall Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
It's only a few fans that are celebrating, mostly those who are dishonest for the most part.
Great Mrazek is gone but hardly something worth celebrating.

Not to mention we most likely made the move to end up with a jack/Kallgren combo since it took less then 12 hours for the entire NHL to out manuver us in the goalie market

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
And like I said in the end. Even without those players we should have got rid of that third year anyway. It was about competing in any case without Marleau, since it was burden.

Burden that should have in your mind slow us down even before that. Always to be sure to have extra space for that. What a Mess by Lou.

That contract wouldn't have stopped even Lou to sign Tavares.
You're still trying to debate the merits of the decisions. Read my last post again more slowly and try and let what is being said actually sink in.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
good catch , i forgot about how he moved Phaneuf without retention when the boy genius couldn't and 2 teams are still paying Neon Dion not to play , lol
You probably forgot because the partisanship here doesn’t allow for anything other than Marleau hyperbole. This article was always instructive I found. The Complete Reign of Lou Lamoriello Getting seconds back two separate times for a Polak was good stuff as well. I was all for Dubas taking over, just wanted one more year of Lou to sign the contracts, so this isn’t the obtuse Lou vs Dubas crap that never stops here.

The amazing part isn't that Mrazek is gone but that we didn't grossly overpay for it like the last time the Dubas worked the phones.
Rogers was down.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The amazing part isn't that Mrazek is gone but that we didn't grossly overpay for it like the last time the Dubas worked the phones.
The guy in Chicago doesn't appear to have much of a clue. Dubas needs to deal there more often.

• Haha
Reactions: socko and ToneDog

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Praising this is like getting praise for landing on your face doing a back flip but not hurting yourself too badly.

More like getting praised for this tbh....

skater-recovery.gif

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Lol holy f***
"Our first round matchup was basically the conference finals"
It's undeniably true, so I don't know why you think it's funny. Two of the top teams in the league, and the toughest battle faced on the way to Conference champion.
What's next. If we didn't lose to the Jackets in the bubble we would have won the cup?
Those matchups were all basically the Stanley cup finals according to him
No, that's just you putting words in mouths and misrepresenting me again.

• Love
Reactions: Auston 316

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Homerism can often be both laudable and endearing even when I butt heads with it (z-man). PR spin swimming in a cesspool of half-truths, deflections and intentional misinterpretations is not so endearing (dfd-man).

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Like Hayes said good job dealing Mrazek but the bottomline is you bet 1000 and got 750 back in the end. That’s a win for losers.
Apparently the difference in moving from 25th to 38th is equivalent to a 7th round pick. When compared to what Edmonton paid to move Kassian, it can be looked on a a good move.
Was it a bad decision to acquire Mrazek? In hindsight yes but sometimes things don't workout as planned.
For me I can't say I will judge him on how many mistakes he's made because depending on my views, they could all be blunders, but how he recovers from them, Imo, is more important. Thus far I can really say he hasn't compounded any mistakes he's made by making just as bad or worse mistakes to correct them.
When hockey gives you lemons, make lemonade

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
The guy in Chicago doesn't appear to have much of a clue. Dubas needs to deal there more often.
We'll see about the new guy in Chicago. I'm getting a Randy Smith with the Detroit Tigers 1996-2002 vibe from the start of his term.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Apparently the difference in moving from 25th to 38th is equivalent to a 7th round pick. When compared to what Edmonton paid to move Kassian, it can be looked on a a good move.
Was it a bad decision to acquire Mrazek? In hindsight yes but sometimes things don't workout as planned.
For me I can't say I will judge him on how many mistakes he's made because depending on my views, they could all be blunders, but how he recovers from them, Imo, is more important. Thus far I can really say he hasn't compounded any mistakes he's made by making just as bad or worse mistakes to correct them.
Not necessarily directed at you but Edmonton has been mentioned a bunch of times during this celebration.
The same Edmonton team that Leaf fans make fun of all year for their dysfunction. Is the Leaf standard now that at least they aren't Edmonton?
I would hope we could set the bar a little higher.

We'll see about the new guy in Chicago. I'm getting a Randy Smith with the Detroit Tigers 1996-2002 vibe from the start of his term.
No idea what that reference means.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Dubas himself traded the 29th overall in 2015 for the 34th overall for the cost of a 3rd round pick. That's hardly a mere 7th round pick for a movement 5 places in the same range.

More to that draft, he went from 24th to 29th for the cost of a late 2nd (61st overall), then 29th to 34th for the cost of a 3rd (68th overall). That's a cost of a late 2nd and early 3rd for moving from 24th overall to 34th overall.

Maybe we can stop pretending that the price was low. It was in the vicinity of a 2nd and 3rd round pick compensation.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
It's undeniably true, so I don't know why you think it's funny. Two of the top teams in the league, and the toughest battle faced on the way to Conference champion.

No, that's just you putting words in mouths and misrepresenting me again.

As much as you want to live in fantasy land the first round of the playoffs is never "basically the conference finals".

When you claim that the sky is the limit to your made up claims. It is a proper representation of how absolutely dumb the claim that a first round loss was "basically the conference finals" is.

I think it was the pseudo Superbowl to be honest the winner of our first round series would definitely challenge the Rams on the grid iron.

Not necessarily directed at you but Edmonton has been mentioned a bunch of times during this celebration.
The same Edmonton team that Leaf fans make fun of all year for their dysfunction. Is the Leaf standard now that at least they aren't Edmonton?
I would hope we could set the bar a little higher.

No idea what that reference means.

Edmonton gave up basically what we gave up to dump Ritchie lol

When Dubas does it "it's only a future 2025 at the most A+" Holland does it and i it shows how good of a GM dubas is

Reactions: mclaren55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad