Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Carl Dahlstrom signs extension with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $750k, two-way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Congrats to the Big Red Dog.

Edit: Wrong thread, Dahlstrom I hardly know ye but good for you buddeh!

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I understand the Kyle Clifford contract, but the logic behind the signing Carl Dahlstrom evades me.

The Leafs are flush with left defenceman – Rielly, Muzzin, Sandin, Dermott and Brodie (who plays the right side, but shoots left) – and other prospects/minor leaguers – and I don't really see an opportunity for Dahlstrom to actually play with the Leafs at all next season.

To me, it just seems like a waste of a contract spot.

In view of this signing, I surmise that Chad Krys and Teemu Kivihalme are unlikely to be offered NHL contracts with the Leafs at the end of this season. Too many surplus minor leaguers on NHL contracts in the left defence position.

I would expect that RFA's Kristians Rubins and Joseph Duszak will probably be coming back – although anyone else's guess is at least as good as mine.

It beats me as to what they will do with Brennan Mennell.

Last edited:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I understand the Kyle Clifford contract, but the logic behind the signing Carl Dahlstrom evades me.

The Leafs are flush with left defenceman – Rielly, Muzzin, Sandin, Dermott and Brodie (who plays the right side, but shoots left) – and other prospects/minor leaguers – and I don't really see an opportunity for Dahlstrom to actually play with the Leafs at all next season.

To me, it just seems like a waste of a contract spot.

In view of this signing, I surmise that Chad Krys and Teemu Kivihalme are unlikely to be offered NHL contracts with the Leafs at the end of this season. Too many surplus minor leaguers on NHL contracts in the left defence position.

I would expect that RFA's Kristians Rubins and Joseph Duszak will probably be coming back – although anyone else's guests is at least as good as mine.

It beats me as to what they will do with Brennan Mennell.

He's the #10 dman in the org and can play a shift in the NHL if really needed. Need quality established pro's on the Marlies as well to anchor the D.

Reactions: Ciao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad