Top 5 (22 and under): NJD vs MTL vs DET vs OTT vs BUF vs ANA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Best

• NJD: J.Hughes-Holtz-Mercer-L.Hughes-Nemec

• MTL: Suzuki-Caufield-Slafkovsky-Dach-Guhle

• DET: Raymond-Berggren-Seider-Edvinsson-Cossa(G)

• OTT: Stutzle-Tkachuk-Greig-Pinto-Sanderson

• BUF: Cozens-Quinn-Krebs-Power-Dahlin

• ANA: Zegras-McTavish-Drysdale-Mintyukov-Zellweger

Results are only viewable after voting.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
We wont agree, as usual you have a very skewed vew of players. I know for a fact you are wrong about Suzuki, he is not a 55 points player, lol.
Sure, he's a 64 point player riding an unsustainable on ice sh% (i.e. a 55 point player on a bad team).

I may have a skewed view of players to you, but that's only because you don't know how to evaluate talent (as your list from 8 months ago clearly demonstrates).

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Suzuki
11.6% 5v5 on ice sh% vs prior career avg of 7.6%...

Stutzle
9.3% 5v5 on ice sh% vs prior career avg of 8.2%...

Geeze I wonder why Suzuki's 5v5 numbers look so good??? Maybe it has something to do with his on ice shooting percentage jumping 53% above his career average...

But even with that unsustainably high on ice shooting percentage, his 5v5 production is still far below that of the much younger Stutzle:

Suzuki
0.73 g/60
2.02 p/60
1.50 primary p/60

Stutzle
1.05 g/60
2.37 p/60
1.87 primary p/60

And Stutzle's possession numbers are FAAAR better.

Suzuki
43.3% xGF%
-0.8 rel xGF%

Stutzle
55.0% xGF%
6.3 rel xGF%

Stutzle is multiple tiers ahead of Suzuki. This is like comparing Nathan Mackinnon to Logan Couture. They aren't comparable players lol.

Despite this very inaccurate exchange (as usual with that poster), I have a very hard time faulting Habs fans. Suzuki has been hyped by the medias as the next Patrice Bergeron and viewed as a much better player than Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Not much you could do about this, very to trend back to reality after that

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Jersey Fresh said:
Are you predicting 1.14 ppg for Stutzle next season?

Of course it will. If Stutzle doesn’t pace Hughes ‘21-‘22 season that entire line of argument goes out the window, regardless of what Hughes does or doesn’t do. It’s up to Stutzle to prove the same linear development - that’s been the argument trotted out here time and time again.

Well, surprise, surprise, he's at 1.14 PPG, and he's done it over 20 more games.

Looks like even you have to admit that the line of argument is valid, based on your own benchmark. :cool:

Pleased to see he's on the same trajectory as Jack Hughes despite all the clamour that they were in completely different tiers.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
All 6 teams listed have great young talents. Looking at the result it looks like Buffalo and Ottawa got jobbed a bit, but NJD is proving their worth on ice this season so them dominating this poll isn't outrageous by any means.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Well, surprise, surprise, he's at 1.14 PPG, and he's done it over 20 more games.

Looks like even you have to admit that the line of argument is valid, based on your own benchmark. :cool:

Pleased to see he's on the same trajectory as Jack Hughes despite all the clamour that they were in completely different tiers.
1.135, actually. Whoops. Also not my benchmark, this year-over-year whine is a Sens fan tactic.

Jumped the gun, thought this was the other thread. Still hasn’t earned a Sens bump. Maybe next year if they make it.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
1.135, actually. Whoops. Also not my benchmark, this year-over-year whine is a Sens fan tactic.

Jumped the gun, thought this was the other thread. Still hasn’t earned a Sens bump. Maybe next year if they make it.
Nope, he's 1.14:
1680800410059.png

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
84/74 = 1.135, bud.

I’ll let you do the math on 56 points in 49 games.

They round up. Technically Hughes was at 1.142.

Yes, we have to go to three decimal places. That's how sensitive Devils fans are about Stutzle's developmental arc.

From "he's not even in the same vicinity and it's insulting to compare them" to "Hughes was still pacing at 0.007 higher)
Close, and yet…

Once again we can kick the can until next season. The story of Ottawa, tbh. And this would be true whether or not he catches Hughes last season, given once again, Hughes upped his level. See ya.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
lol need to go to 3 decimal places. Not quite the gotcha.
Doesn’t need to be a big gotcha when “Stutzle is better age for age” than Hughes get squawked by every Sens fan ad nauseum. Maybe he has a big game, he’ll just need to raise the bar again next season, forget if Hughes scores more than this season which is likely.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Doesn’t need to be a big gotcha when “Stutzle is better age for age” than Hughes get squawked by every Sens fan ad nauseum.

A valiant attempt to re-characterize the discussion.

It was "Stutzle isn't in Hughes league unless he paces at 1.14".

Apparently the difference between player tiers is 0.007 points-per-game.

Remember?

Jersey Fresh said:
Then Stutzle’s first two seasons are even more worthless. He hasn’t touched production anywhere in the same universe as Hughes over any amount of games.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
A valiant attempt to re-characterize the discussion.

It was "Stutzle isn't in Hughes league unless he paces at 1.14".

Apparently the difference between player tiers is 0.007 points-per-game.
Yes, your ilk has consistently beaten the drum that the only thing matters is year over year age comparisons. So you can chalk this year either way, it’s irrelevant. The bar is now Hughes 1.23 (1.229 :)) from this season and onward from his production next season. That’s why it’s so dumb.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
A little unfair for Montreal as they has just started their rebuild while most other teams in that lot have been in the cave for multiple years.

I really like Buffalo, NJ and Ottawa going forward. Very nice groups of young talent. They are going to be scary good moving forward

Reactions: ginomini

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
84/74 = 1.135, bud.

I’ll let you do the math on 56 points in 49 games.
Nice try. You didn't originally say 1.140, nor did you say 1.142.

You said 1.14, which is the same as Stutzle right now.

Better luck next time, kiddo.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Tough one, NJ has the two elite centres with two potential #1 Dmen.

But buffalo has two young legit #1D for the next decade already. Cozens is a top line centre as well, but not a game breaker like Hughes.

If NJ develops Hughes and Nemec correctly, they will be a juggernaut.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Nice try. You didn't originally say 1.140, nor did you say 1.142.

You said 1.14, which is the same as Stutzle right now.

Better luck next time, kiddo.
Lol the comparison was always to Hughes. And unfortunately your boy has thus far fallen short of both 1.14 and Hughes production.

Once again, there’s always next year when you can compare anew and trot out your lame “year behind” allowance again.

Tough luck on this one, sport.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Lol the comparison was always to Hughes. And unfortunately your boy has thus far fallen short of both 1.14 and Hughes production.

Once again, there’s always next year when you can compare anew and trot out your lame “year behind” allowance again.

Tough luck on this one, sport.
It’s a shame Hughes is a soft player, 109 hits for Stützle this year, 44 for Hughes in his career.
Needs to play even a little physical.

• Haha
Reactions: Clam Jensen

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
NJD, OTT and BUF appear to be quite a bit ahead of the others.

NJD
BUF
OTT

CBJ (who were omitted)
DET
ARI (also left off)

ANA
MIN (also left off)
MTL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad