Top 5 “can’t win with ‘em” players

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
In honor of Mike Singletary’s epic rant, who are the top 5 guys you think you simply can’t win with in the playoffs?

It’s a bit different than worst contract or worst player- we’re looking for highly paid players in big roles who disappear.

For me:

1) Marner. Don’t believe in him come crunch time.
2) PLD. I wouldn’t trust him in big regular season games either.
3) Zibby/Panarin. 2 players.c 1 big disappointment.
4) Nurse. Dude is nervous and bad in playoffs. He’s lower because you can theoretically shelter him, whereas no one is gonna step up to fill offensive roles.
5) Petersson. Feels like he could turn around and be better.

Feels like I’m forgetting some forgettable performances, but lemme know what you think.

PS- and we shall not mention Jumbo. He didn’t fail the playoffs, the playoffs failed him.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Tell me I’m wrong?

Ryan Reaves

Kiefer Sherwood

Kevin Fiala

John Marino

Sebastian Aho

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Marner I don’t agree with. He had a rough playoffs this year but in his career he’s been really good in the playoffs AND he’s still elite defensively when he’s not scoring. Again, he didn’t have a good series this year but overall he’s really good. I’d take him in a heartbeat.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Pettersson concerns me because he was incredible in the 2021 bubble with no fans, and invisible in his first real playoff environment.

Of course, one "real" playoffs is a very small sample size which is why I said "concerns me" instead of "lol he sucks" or something. Too early to say yet. But he was embarrassing this postseason.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
1. Tage Thompson
2. Drake Batherson
3. Thomas Chabot
4. Johnny Gaudreau
5. Fiala

HM: Pettersson-makes an effort but the super high on ice shooting percentage guys usually don't translate well to the playoffs.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad