Value of: Top 4 D (preferably LD) and/or 3rd string goalie to Florida Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Just curious what top 4 LD and/or depth goalies may be in play this year?

Florida likely doesn't need a major add right now, they are doing well despite a weak PP.
They don't need help up front (TOP 6) and/or (BOTTOM 6) but injuries could happen.

1st round picks to be moved are more likely to be in 2023 and 2024 drafts as we likely lose our 2022 1st this year (unless top 10) in Reinhart deal.

Our 2022 2nd is gone in Bennett trade.

Possible prospects on trade block:

Denisenko (LW/RW)
Heponiemi (LW)
Noel (RW)
Gildon (LD)
Kiersted (LD)

Possible roster players:

Vatrano (middle 6LW UFA to be)
Nutivaara (#4-6D UFA to be)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Georgiev in net is easy enuf for us to do biz

For LD, currently makes more sense not to undersell Jones,; if not getting top return, better to develop then showcase.

In the meantime, while creating a riot for peddling Fox's partner, we could theoretically sell high on Lindgren who just signed a reasonable 3 x 3.

He would cost 1+ now.
So theory and practice do not align here matching up our rosters/assets.

Give me a decent offer for Geo -- full pop or retained -- overpay not needed, I want short and long term cap space.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Georgiev in net is easy enuf for us to do biz

For LD, currently makes more sense not to undersell Jones,; if not getting top return, better to develop then showcase.

In the meantime, while creating a riot for peddling Fox's partner, we could theoretically sell high on Lindgren who just signed a reasonable 3 x 3.

He would cost 1+ now.
So theory and practice do not align here matching up our rosters/assets.

Give me a decent offer for Geo -- full pop or retained -- overpay not needed, I want short and long term cap space.

Not sure what Geo is worth tbh.
Feel like 4th or 5th rounder is as far as FLA would go for a 3rd string goalie.
Didn't realize he got a nice $2.5 mil per deal

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not sure what Geo is worth tbh.
Feel like 4th or 5th rounder is as far as FLA would go for a 3rd string goalie.
Didn't realize he got a nice $2.5 mil per deal

thanks
he is not 3rd string quality.
He might sit b'c someone overpriced your starter at 10m per, I get that.

Whether/not he is better than your current backup is a discussion we can have.

But that said, while you know I meet you more than halfway here, Geo at a 4th is below market rate and a non starter.

-------
If you want some cheap depth, Kinkaid is yours for a 6th.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
thanks
he is not 3rd string quality.
He might sit b'c someone overpriced your starter at 10m per, I get that.

Whether/not he is better than your current backup is a discussion we can have.

But that said, while you know I meet you more than halfway here, Geo at a 4th is below market rate and a non starter.

-------
If you want some cheap depth, Kinkaid is yours for a 6th.

Better than Knight?
Right now Knight looks like a future Vezina winner but still has been extremely small sample size.
Was high on Geo a year or two ago but seems to have stalled a bit?

Igor has been something else though, caught the TOR game where he literally stole the show.

Ya Kinkaid type value is likely what FLA would be after.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Better than Knight?
Right now Knight looks like a future Vezina winner but still has been extremely small sample size.
Was high on Geo a year or two ago but seems to have stalled a bit?

Igor has been something else though, caught the TOR game where he literally stole the show.

Ya Kinkaid type value is likely what FLA would be after.

thanks as always for good feedback.
feels like Knight stock is up but like you said small sample size.

No reason to not bank on him as future #1 esp if you get out from under Bob

Like I said honestly, sometimes he sucks and sometimes he stonewalls, But when he stonewalls, he stonewalls. If he gets mo regular work, his consistency is a bit better -- not surprising.

But since we need at least market for him, I agree not a fit to you now.

Kinkaid is yours for a 6th. Deal?

ps both our teams are lookin good so far!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
thanks as always for good feedback.
feels like Knight stock is up but like you said small sample size.

No reason to not bank on him as future #1 esp if you get out from under Bob

Like I said honestly, sometimes he sucks and sometimes he stonewalls, But when he stonewalls, he stonewalls. If he gets mo regular work, his consistency is a bit better -- not surprising.

But since we need at least market for him, I agree not a fit to you now.

Kinkaid is yours for a 6th. Deal?

ps both our teams are lookin good so far!

Catch a FLA game and you'll see what Knight is about. He's very Carey Price like, just calm and very collected in movement.

Ya I'd do a 6th for Kinkaid.

Gallant was a great pick for head coach, he'll have your team headed in the right direction and playing with heart and soul.

FLA is on fire except for their PP, if they get that clicking at 25%, look out. Bob has been solid so far, looks like he's clear of distractions.
In saying that, our board is already preparing for a Yotes trap game and 5-0 loss :laugh:

Cheers Bern!

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Catch a FLA game and you'll see what Knight is about. He's very Carey Price like, just calm and very collected in movement.

Ya I'd do a 6th for Kinkaid.

Gallant was a great pick for head coach, he'll have your team headed in the right direction and playing with heart and soul.

FLA is on fire except for their PP, if they get that clicking at 25%, look out. Bob has been solid so far, looks like he's clear of distractions.
In saying that, our board is already preparing for a Yotes trap game and 5-0 loss :laugh:

Cheers Bern!

cheers as well to you!

chamchibap

Jun 15, 2018
If the leafs are still a trainwreck approaching the trade deadline, I'm wondering if they'd trade Morgan Rielly or even Muzzin if the price is right. Muzzin has a 10 team NTC starting in July 2023 but that's a while off. Think either would get a lot of interest around the league by reputation though so the price might be high.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If the leafs are still a trainwreck approaching the trade deadline, I'm wondering if they'd trade Morgan Rielly or even Muzzin if the price is right. Muzzin has a 10 team NTC starting in July 2023 but that's a while off. Think either would get a lot of interest around the league by reputation though so the price might be high.

I'd be shocked if TOR moves Muzzin.
They'd have to really fall apart to trade either but Rielly does seem more of the option since he can obviously walk and I'd assume TOR can't afford his next deal anyhow.

If Muzzin only had 1 extra left then sure but the cost on him may be too much when factoring in Divisional trade. A tad worried about him having 2 additional years left, his body is flashing red already.

I'd assume Rielly at deadline would be a 1st or 2nd + good prospect?

chamchibap

Jun 15, 2018
I'd be shocked if TOR moves Muzzin.
They'd have to really fall apart to trade either but Rielly does seem more of the option since he can obviously walk and I'd assume TOR can't afford his next deal anyhow.

If Muzzin only had 1 extra left then sure but the cost on him may be too much when factoring in Divisional trade. A tad worried about him having 2 additional years left, his body is flashing red already.

I'd assume Rielly at deadline would be a 1st or 2nd + good prospect?
Yeah, Rielly is muchhhhh more likely to be traded. By all accounts, Muzzin is huge in the locker room and has been incredible before this season. Unless the Leafs brass think this is the start of a big decline and want to get out from the contract while they can, they'll probably be happy to keep him.

I don't think a 1st and good prospect is too much to ask for Rielly based on reputation alone. He was a beast last year in the playoffs.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, Rielly is muchhhhh more likely to be traded. By all accounts, Muzzin is huge in the locker room and has been incredible before this season. Unless the Leafs brass think this is the start of a big decline and want to get out from the contract while they can, they'll probably be happy to keep him.

I don't think a 1st and good prospect is too much to ask for Rielly based on reputation alone. He was a beast last year in the playoffs.

Ya I'm curious where he lands if in UFA.
I'd be shocked to think TOR tanks that hard for him to be moved at deadline.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Lmao I didn't expect that you'd want him back for real :laugh:

Tbh I don't think Habs management would deal him right now with the Price situation, but if I had to guess anything it'd be a yth or 7th knowing that we got him on waivers

For a 6th or 7th rounder, sure why not?
More of backup backup scenario if Knight or Bob are out long term.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Brad Hunt, Mike DiPietro and 2024 5th round pick for a 1st round pick and 4th round pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad