Proposal: Tomas Tatar to Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Jim Benning is on the record saying he wants a 2nd line LW to take the pressure off of Sven Baertschi.

Detroit has a slight cap problem of 4.86M in overage. (I'm sure LTIR will help a bit)

Realistically Vancouver has a logjam at D and needs a LW

Detroit has terrible D and has lots of young forwards

To Van
Tomas Tatar, Cap Dump (preferably a serviceable left side D to replace edler)

To Det
Edler

Picks on either side to even it out?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Jim Benning is on the record saying he wants a 2nd line LW to take the pressure off of Sven Baertschi.

Detroit has a slight cap problem of 4.86M in overage. (I'm sure LTIR will help a bit)

To Van

To Det
Edler

How about something like this.

Detroit Red Wings- Alex Edler 3 years $5 million remaining.

Vancouver Canucks- Tomas Tatar 1 year $2.75 million RFA+Brendan Smith 1 year $2.75 million 2017 UFA doesn't need expansion protection and can always be resigned after the expansion draft and should still be pretty cheap.

Might work for both teams.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

To Van

To Det
Edler

So were trading our top pairing Dman for another middle sixer (because we don't have a logjam there or anything) and were taking a cap dump back, prey tell why do we do this?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
So were trading our top pairing Dman for another middle sixer (because we don't have a logjam there or anything) and were taking a cap dump back, prey tell why do we do this?

because Tatar is younger, more upside, and Edler is an overpaid #3-4 dman?

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
No thanks, as good as Tatar is, paying a top pairing dman for a player like that straight up, even with picks involved isn't prudent at this point in time.

I read on the wings board GN+oullet+pick for eddie, now that I can get on board with.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

To Van

To Det
Edler

In reality as of now Detroit is $4.239 million over the cap and with Franzen and Vitale on LTIR Detroit will save around $5.055 million on LTIR so we should have around $800,000 under the cap or so. So if we need to bring up some one due to an injury we should be fine. You're basing your opinion here on General Fanager that still lists Andrea's Athanasiou on the roster and i can tell you neither Athanasiou or Mantha are on the roster as of now. Kenny Holland isn't worried about getting under the cap and none of us are either Detroit will be fine.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Oh for ****s sake. He is not overpaid. He is not a #3-4. Why does this crap keep being spread?

Also, top-4 (especially top pairing) defensemen are costing a lot on the market.

The Canucks cannot trade Edler with Hamhuis gone.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
So downgrade at defence which was in shambles all last season with the same amount of Top4 guys. Even taking back Smith is terrible.
Why is his expansion eligbility any concern? Tryamkin and Hutton are exempt so the Canucks only have 3 defence to protect in Edler Tanev Gudbranson.
Baertschi Bo combination has good chemistry and I feel isn't in need of anything but a big body RW like Virtanen.
It's the Sutter line which needs a right handed shooter. Sutter Burrows combo can heavy lift the defensive side of the puck as long as someone can shoot the puck on net.

So far the only suggestions to this need have been left handed tweeners who have had some what decent point totals rather right recently or the season before. So far nothing has even come close to making it tempting to agree to any deal.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Edler is just a bit too old now to be of much use for Detroit imo. By the time they might be contending again Edler will be just about done. But I wouldn't put it past Holland, guy loves his vets.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver

Heh... Over the last few season Edler has simplified his game. He isn't putting up 50 points, but he's playing excellent defense. To call him an overpaid 3-4 shows a lack of knowledge on the player, you're obviously stat watching.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Canucks defence can't afford to lose Edler for this year at least, without some kind of viable replacement plan.

If the Canucks had made a deal like this before UFA, and managed to re-sign Hamhuis...it would've made a lot more sense. But the Canucks trading 1 of only 2 proven/established Top-4 defencemen on their roster, for a forward...it just wouldn't work, for a team that intends to be compete every night and at least try to make the playoffs.

The defence is already pretty suspect, moving a top-pairing guy for a forward would move it from suspect and uncertain to...downright awful for sure.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Lmao not a chance Tatat gets Edler straight up, Detriot adds a lot to the point they probably wouldn't do it anyways

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Tatar, Ericsson and a pick for Edler. Would be good for Vancouver. They really need to start trading away players who are older and have value for picks, and young players.

But for Detroit they shouldn't go near any 30+ year olds...

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Tatar, Ericsson and a pick for Edler. Would be good for Vancouver. They really need to start trading away players who are older and have value for picks, and young players.

But for Detroit they shouldn't go near any 30+ year olds...

Im likely the only Van fan so far that likes this idea, or at least the base of it.

Van is actually not that far off replacing Edler imo with Huttons puck moving game and my belief is that Tryamkin has a tonne of upside that hes not far off from displaying.

Detroit has a log jam of forwards and youth in Athanasiou and Mantha ready to make the jump, but in this scenario if they want to move more cap, theyll have to do it elsewhere.

Detroit would need to add a stronger secondary piece, but i could see this kind of deal come together.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Im likely the only Van fan so far that likes this idea, or at least the base of it.

Van is actually not that far off replacing Edler imo with Huttons puck moving game and my belief is that Tryamkin has a tonne of upside that hes not far off from displaying.

Detroit has a log jam of forwards and youth in Athanasiou and Mantha ready to make the jump, but in this scenario if they want to move more cap, theyll have to do it elsewhere.

Detroit would need to add a stronger secondary piece, but i could see this kind of deal come together.

Both Hutton and Tryamkin have a long way to go before they're capable of replacing Edler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad