Value of: Tomas Tatar to Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Where's the trade offer? You didn't even bother putting up available assets

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Where's the trade offer? You didn't even bother putting up available assets

I think, any defensive prospects Chicago has and any picks, but 2017 1st (the draft will be held in Chicago). As to NHL ready defensemen, Chicago won't obviously trade Keith and Hjalmarsson, and Detroit may have any others, I doubt they will want them, though.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
I think, any defensive prospects Chicago has and any picks, but 2017 1st (the draft will be held in Chicago). As to NHL ready defensemen, Chicago won't obviously trade Keith and Hjalmarsson, and Detroit may have any others, I doubt they will want them, though.

what was the point for creating this thread? Just letting everyone know that it would be nice for Chicago to have Tomas Tatar but it can't happen?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Well, Chicago needs a LW to play with Toews, and the team has enough cap space for Tatar for this season. And then he can be resigned or traded.

Tatar's value is worth a mid 1st round pick, In what world would Holland trade Tatar for a defensive prospect from Chicago i doubt you have any of the D pieces that Detroit would want considering that Keith and Hjalmer aren't available. Detroit and Chicago don't make good trading partners here. Weren't trading Tatar for your futures when we need a serviceable top 4 D man right now preferably a RHD like Shattenkirk or Trouba or possibly a Barrie type.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Tatar's value is worth a mid 1st round pick, In what world would Holland trade Tatar for a defensive prospect from Chicago i doubt you have any of the D pieces that Detroit would want considering that Keith and Hjalmer aren't available. Detroit and Chicago don't make good trading partners here. Weren't trading Tatar for your futures when we need a serviceable top 4 D man right now preferably a RHD like Shattenkirk or Trouba or possibly a Barrie type.

Well, you won't get any top defenseman for Tatar anyway, and Chicago has good and perhaps NHL ready defensive prospects like Pokka or Forsling.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Well, you won't get any top defenseman for Tatar anyway, and Chicago has good and perhaps NHL ready defensive prospects like Pokka or Forsling.

First where have i ever suggested that we would get any top defenseman straight up for Tatar, I know we wont we would need to add another piece or two like a decent prospect or so. Even for Cam Fowler it wouldn't shock me if BM wanted Tatar+Mantha for him and that wont happen because that's to much for Fowler alone without another add from Anaheim. Or something around Tatar/Nyquist+Svechnikov+Detroit's 2nd round pick for a Shattenkirk extension something like that. But bottom line is that weren't moving Tatar for defensive prospects we would need something better then Pokka and Forsling coming back if we were to move Tatar.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Nah. Tatar is too valuable considering his cap hit and what he brings.

The problem is Tatar hasn't made that next step to become a star, as some people hoped. He's even regressed comparing to previous season, and he's 26 this year. I'd say, he has more value for a team like Chicago, which doesn't need Tatar being a star - just a serviceable top6 winger to support its superstars. And Detroit needs rebuilding and new young players with upside.

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
The problem is Tatar hasn't made that next step to become a star, as some people hoped. He's even regressed comparing to previous season, and he's 26 this year. I'd say, he has more value for a team like Chicago, which doesn't need Tatar being a star - just a serviceable top6 winger to support its superstars. And Detroit needs rebuilding and new young players with upside.

Are you trying to convince us or yourself. The answer is obviously no. We already have enough d prospects that are jammed up. The trade just doesn't work. You don't even have a very good blue chip d prospect. We aren't trying to help you , try to win another cup

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013

Honest question, how many Detroit games did you watch last year? All of Detroit's production dropped. Tatar at 2.75 and RFA brings back some great value and We have defense prospects that need a shot - XO, Sproul, Russo. What Detroit needs is impact prospects which probably isn't going to be involved with Chicago. We'd rather use him in a package for a proven young defenseman e.g. Fowler, Ellis, Barrie, Shattenkirk, etc.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015

Curious where Detroit fans think they are at. After losing datsyuk, and zetterberg/kronwall aging, the rest of the core seems relatively young to me. Would you consider a rebuild? Or do you still consider the wings as playoff contenders

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

No... Detroit needs good young players. If they're trading a top 6 forward in Tatar making 2.75M, they either need a borderline top pairing guy now or a guy like a Provorov or Werenski who's a damn good bet to be one pretty shortly. Clearly they need to add a lot more value to Tatar for a piece like that... but they don't need a guy who has top 4 as his ceiling like Pokka or Forsling.

That's why they're not making a deal. They need a top pairing guy to push all of their capable NHL D into better roles, not another top 4 D to clog up the middle and bottom pairings.

Basically, we do need upside, but it has to be blue-chip upside. We have the role player and capable NHLer upside covered.

E: Editing this to put in a pre-emptive note. I'm not saying Tatar for Provorov or Werenski. I'm saying that those are the type of D prospects the Wings need and that it would be Tatar ++ to get them. Just basically that Tatar for a guy like Ville Pokka who is at best an equivalent D to about half of the guys they've got on the blueline is a terrible move.

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Curious where Detroit fans think they are at. After losing datsyuk, and zetterberg/kronwall aging, the rest of the core seems relatively young to me. Would you consider a rebuild? Or do you still consider the wings as playoff contenders

Whatever we consider it to be, management considers them to be playoff contenders. And realistically after last year, they basically had Z and Kronner be useless for the second half and they still made the playoffs. For them to rebuild (and rebuild in the way of HFBoards), they'd have to sell anything not nailed down.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
I would only entertain this if Hjalmarsson is in the discussion.

Awesome, because that puts Larkin on the table then.

You guys are paying Danny Dekeyser, Mike Green and Jonathan Ericsson more than the Hawks pay Hjalmarsson. Hjalmarsson is on one of the better contracts for a proven top pairing defender in the league. There might only be 3-4 guys of his caliber with better deals. The Keith and Hjalmarsson contracts are the most important reason the Hawks window is still open. A complete top pairing for less than the cap hit of either Toews or Kane. Without those deals or a suitable young replacement on an ELC or bridge deal the Hawks are crippled. Adam Larsson required Taylor Hall. Getting Hjalmarsson would take Larkin. Sorry to tell you, but that is the reality.

Hawks and Wings don't match up in this. The Hawks have good young d prospects in Pokka and Forsling and other resources to make a value match, but Detroit would likely only consider dealing Tatar for a proven young defender, which the Hawks, and few contending teams don't have to spare.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

You guys are paying Danny Dekeyser, Mike Green and Jonathan Ericsson more than the Hawks pay Hjalmarsson. Hjalmarsson is on one of the better contracts for a proven top pairing defender in the league. There might only be 3-4 guys of his caliber with better deals. The Keith and Hjalmarsson contracts are the most important reason the Hawks window is still open. A complete top pairing for less than the cap hit of either Toews or Kane. Without those deals or a suitable young replacement on an ELC or bridge deal the Hawks are crippled. Adam Larsson required Taylor Hall. Getting Hjalmarsson would take Larkin. Sorry to tell you, but that is the reality.

Hawks and Wings don't match up in this. The Hawks have good young d prospects in Pokka and Forsling and other resources to make a value match, but Detroit would likely only consider dealing Tatar for a proven young defender, which the Hawks, and few contending teams don't have to spare.

If there can be no arrangement, then we are at an impasse. You won't trade Hjalmarsson for Tatar+ and we won't trade you Larkin for Hjalmarsson.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Sorry to say, but Blackhawks don't have the assets to trade for Larkin. I doubt Panarin + Hjalmarsson would get it done. Hjalmarsson is too old and Panarin is already 24.

Easy pass

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't see the fit here. I don't think Chicago has the assets that interest the Wings. For the sake of throwing something out there Hartman and Pokka but not sure that would get Detroit excited enough.

Even if he did land in Chicago there are reasons to question that fit. Q hates players that turnover the puck at the rate Tatar does. One dimensional offensive players that are not incredibly elite draw his ire. Versteeg and Pirri spring to mind though not across the board comparisons. But say he does fit, Toews two-way play opens up a ton of space and opportunity for him much like Datsyuk did two years ago... Well then you have to pay him a ton of money coming in negotiations where he will have arbitration rights next summer. So you're basically set selling him for assets. Do they make more sense at that point than Pokka and Hartman when everyone knows you cannot pay him and lowballs all over the place? Sort of doubt it.

Had they not thrown away Johns for pennies on the dollar last summer he would interest me as a big piece of this. But they don't have him anymore.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Chicago doesn't have the type of players we need for Tatar.

As for his production, dude played 14 mins a night and was our second leading goal scorer and tied (Larkin) for 3rd in points behind 20 min Pav/Zetterberg.

I would hate for Tats to go to Chicago because I know he'd do really well for the team I hate most, but I'd be happy for him because half the reason I'm a huge fan of his has nothing to do with his hockey play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad