Value of: Tomas Tatar or Andreas Johnsson 50% retained

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
I'd bet that Johnsson is the only one, who can arouse some interest. He can be a useful third line winger for a playoff team.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I doubt there would be any interest in Tatar for the reason mentioned above. He's in the right place: a team looking to get better in the regular season.

Johnsson should get a solid return (2nd+) at that number. Whether that's worth using up cap space and a retention slot is a different question. He does have a NTC that activates in the Summer.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
I doubt there would be any interest in Tatar for the reason mentioned above. He's in the right place: a team looking to get better in the regular season.

Johnsson should get a solid return (2nd+) at that number. Whether that's worth using up cap space and a retention slot is a different question. He does have a NTC that activates in the Summer.
I think they should trade Johnsson if they can get a 2nd+

I like Johnsson (at least this year's version), but the Devils have too many small (or soft) wingers. There should be a better balance in their forward group.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Neither player will return enough to warrant using a retention slot, not saying there wouldn't be interest in but Devils should try and take a contract back instead of retaining.

Only guy with term they should even consider retaining on is Severson

Reactions: I Hate Tie DOMI

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Neither player will return enough to warrant using a retention slot, not saying there wouldn't be interest in but Devils should try and take a contract back instead of retaining.

Only guy with term they should even consider retaining on is Severson
PK Subban would like a word! With a third team like Buf or Sea helping, he might be worth more than you think. Also maybe we help with a trade like MA Fleury. Get an asset for being the third team in

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
PK Subban would like a word! With a third team like Buf or Sea helping, he might be worth more than you think. Also maybe we help with a trade like MA Fleury. Get an asset for being the third team in

Subban is a UFA he doesn't have term. Fitz should absolutely be willing to turn some of this cap space into assets by 3rd party retention on UFA contracts

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Both have a year left after this season. Any team looking for a middle 6 winger for 2 playoff runs? Devils can retain 50% of either contract.

Tatar would be $2.25 million cap hit.
Johnsson would be $1.7 million cap hit.

I think the Leafs would be interested in a guy like Tatar or Johnsson if he is at 50% retention, and you are taking back a contract like Ritchie.
Problem (obviously) is what the + would need to be to make that happen.

Something like Tatar/Johnsson@50% + P.K Subban for Ritchie + Holl + ?

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Johnsson at 1.7 would be pretty great. He's a guy that can fill in on any line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad