Tomas Jurco (Re-signed to two year deal, post #301)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Definitely concerning that Jurco feels a need to take a 2 year deal because of health, but I do like it if we can get him on a cheap 2-year contract. Hopefully the back thing isn't something that lingers for him.

Back things almost always linger from what I can tell. Hopefully youth helps him.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Well, the whole gang is signed now, right? We'll see who sticks.

I'm glad Jurco is on board for two years. I'd like to make sure we know what we have with this kid.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
Cool good news. So does that mean we are around 2.5 or so over the cap atm?

I'm no CBA expert, but if General Fanager is to be trusted, our 23 man roster is $575K UNDER the salary cap (yes, including the Weiss buyout).

(I'm just listing the players, not making lineup predictions)
Z-Dats-Mule
Gus-Richards-Tatar
Jurco-Sheahan-Abdelkader
Miller-Glennie-Helm
Pulks
Anderson

Kronner-Ericsson
DeKeyser-Green
Smith-Quincey
Kindl

Howard
Mrazek

Which I think means once the season starts and Dats and Mule go on LTIR, we can call up anyone and be under the cap as long as we stay at the 23 man roster cap.

It seems too simple, and I haven't read this anywhere, but that's what it looks like to me... I don't really know how waiver exemptions work for call-ups so it may be more difficult than I'm implying, but the cap part seems right.

Last edited:

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I'm no CBA expert, but if General Fanager is to be trusted, our 23 man roster is $575K UNDER the salary cap.

(I'm just listing the players, not making lineup predictions)
Z-Dats-Mule
Gus-Richards-Tatar
Jurco-Sheahan-Abdelkader
Miller-Glennie-Helm
Pulks
Anderson

Kronner-Ericsson
DeKeyser-Green
Smith-Quincey
Kindl

Howard
Mrazek

Which I think means once the season starts and Dats and Mule go on LTIR, we can call up anyone and be under the cap as long as we stay at the 23 man roster cap.

It seems too simple, and I haven't read this anywhere, but that's what it looks like to me... I don't really know how waiver exemptions work for call-ups so it may be more difficult than I'm implying, but the cap part seems right.

Can't imagine Pookie not being one of the top 12 forwards. Especially with Mule being out.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
Can't imagine Pookie not being one of the top 12 forwards. Especially with Mule being out.

I agree. I was just listing the "23" as opposed to trying to make a lineup. I guess it looks like a lineup given the majority of the lines being familiar or discussed... But that wasn't my point. I probably shouldn't have broken them down into a lineup I guess. I just figured it was a good way to not miss anyone. And I have a habit of making/thinking in "lineup" form.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Well, the whole gang is signed now, right? We'll see who sticks.

I'm glad Jurco is on board for two years. I'd like to make sure we know what we have with this kid.

:handclap:

What is the good cap site besides nhlnumbers?
something about couch manager...i cant remember it

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
I'm no CBA expert, but if General Fanager is to be trusted, our 23 man roster is $575K UNDER the salary cap (yes, including the Weiss buyout).

I think Marchenko and Oullet are waiver exempt, but Ferraro isn't. So, Ferraro might have to pass through waivers before the season to set our upper limit based on the 23 man roster.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I think Marchenko and Oullet are waiver exempt, but Ferraro isn't. So, Ferraro might have to pass through waivers before the season to set our upper limit based on the 23 man roster.

Ferraro, fortunately is a type of player that would be pretty safe going through waviers.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I think the very notion "fans" are hoping, expecting, praying that datsyuk or franzen or some other guy get hurt enough so as to go on LTIR and thus save us cap space is atrocious

KH needs to make a move regardless of injury situation so as to free up roster room for one of our dmen to develop further in the NHL, not only when an injury happens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad