Value of: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I think he still has some good yrs left though his contract is way too long and the AAV is pretty darn high.

What would it take to get him?

And would there be any chance at retention if the pot was sweetened a little?

Asking as a Canuck fan look to fill that 2c role but Im sure a team like Colorado, Boston, Carolina could use him and a few other too.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
No way SJ retains that long, especially since come this summer teams won't need retention anymore.

Boston, of course, with the Pasta connection and no #1C would be all over it.

But, and there have been threads on this before, SJ fans don't actually want to move him unless its a stupid overpayment UNLESS Hertl has asked out which there is no current indication he has.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think Hertl's earliest availability in the trade market is likely 2025 when Burns' retention expires unless you're trading for him w/o retention which I would understand not wanting to do.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I would accept Vancouver's 2024 1st, conditional 2025 2nd that becomes a 1st if you make the conference finals in 24 or 25, Podkolzin and Elias Pettersson (the defenseman) for Hertl with no retention. Sharks could take Kuzmenko back for cap purposes.

I think this would be a great move for the Canucks. It would finally give them some leverage against Elias Pettersson (the forward) in contract negotiations.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
We’ve kinda been over this before, but here’s the crux:

- Sharks won’t retain salary for six years, that’s just unrealistic.
- Hertl completely controls his destiny. His most recent quote is that he doesn’t want to be moved now but that he’d revisit the idea in the summer, presumably depending on the direction of the team.
- Hertl is a beloved player and teammate and is currently the face of the franchise. You won’t pry him from the organization without giving us assets that will significantly help our rebuild.
- Hertl is still really good. He obviously won’t remain this good for the full course of his contract, but the cap will go up and he’s the kind of player who will be effective in the bottom-6 once he stops being an effective scorer. Definitely the type of bottom-6 vet you need on a young team competing.

That’s the long and short. If he decides he wants to be traded this summer, then the discussion becomes more interesting.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He would be such a good fit in Boson even though Pasta/Coyle seem to have good chemistry. Could Boston afford his contract without retention?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad