Todd Nelson won't save the Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Of course he won't. The Oilers issues weren't limited to coaching so thinking that a coach could come in and resolve the issues with management would just be silly.

Helistin

Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
They should start using this logo that was posted on the Oilers board instead of the real one so it wouldn't be tarnished by the most incompetent front staff in all of pro sports.
Return to the old one once Lowe,MacT and rest of the old boys club are purged from the organization.

Clown_Logo.jpg

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I must say, that is a well reasoned blog post and I agree with all of his points.

Here's one to chew on: Nail Yakupov, the #1 overall draft choice in 2012, is now in his third NHL season (normally a break-out season for top players). Yakupov has 1 point in his last 18 games.

No, that is not a typo.

By the way, he's now on pace for 29 points and -45 on the season. Which means he is now less productive than Dave Semenko was.

Great drafting Edmonton; great drafting...

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
I must say, that is a well reasoned blog post and I agree with all of his points.

Here's one to chew on: Nail Yakupov, the #1 overall draft choice in 2012, is now in his third NHL season (normally a break-out season for top players). Yakupov has 1 point in his last 18 games.

No, that is not a typo.

By the way, he's now on pace for 29 points and -45 on the season. Which means he is now less productive than Dave Semenko was.

That says more about the Oilers ability to develop than it does about their drafting. Most teams would have taken Yakupov 1st overall.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
At this point, why even have a coach? Not like they're going to listen to a thing he says, and unless a coach can somehow fire an owner...

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Personally if I was the management and since they are not getting fired anytime soon.

I'd do a shake up trade. Trade Eberle for highest trade offer.
He will get quite a bit imo. In a mother thread I said I'd trade more for Yakupov because I think he will be a stud. But at the moment the oilers have made his trade value poor. And I believe a lot of gas would like to add a scoring winger.

send Draistl to the whl. Sign or trade for a 4th line c. Draistl is not ready.

Then the owner can fire his incompetent management and sign sher and Bylsma ;)

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Not much that hasn't been said before, the Oilers have a lot of problems and trying to fix one won't fix them all.

Their center and defense depth sucks, it's among the worst in the league.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
The Oilers need divine intervention to save them. Luckily Jesus is draft eligible this year

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob

No, that is not a typo.

He's on pace for less than that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad