Post-Game Talk: Today we got some Juice, not Casual Kev! 5-4 (Bieksa x2, Dalpe, Hansen, Higgins)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wetcoaster

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff
#Canucks Burrows on Bieksa's GWG: 'great goal, terrible celebration.'

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Bertuzzi was 24 with Vancouver when he had his first impactful season getting 25 goals and 25 assists. Something the 23 year old Kassian could definitely match next season.

Along with Tanev/Hamhuis, he's been the only bright spot on the team.

Daniel's been an absolute mess without Henrik. It's gotten to a point where he shouldn't even be on the first PP unit anymore. When Henrik gets back, we'd be better off going with Henrik/Kesler/Burrows/Garrison/Edler(Weber). Daniel doesn't shoot anymore and really doesn't serve a purpose.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
Bertuzzi was 24 with Vancouver when he had his first impactful season getting 25 goals and 25 assists. Something the 23 year old Kassian could definitely match next season.

Along with Tanev/Hamhuis, he's been the only bright spot on the team.

Daniel's been an absolute mess without Henrik. It's gotten to a point where he shouldn't even be on the first PP unit anymore. When Henrik gets back, we'd be better off going with Henrik/Kesler/Burrows/Garrison/Edler(Weber). Daniel doesn't shoot anymore and really doesn't serve a purpose.

Disagree... Daniel is probably our second best playmaker after Henrik. He still serves a purpose and without Henrik is used on the halfboards to set-up plays. This team just stands still on the PP. Watch any other team and they have some fluidity and motion to make it difficult to defend. Our team is so scared to mess up that they go to their assigned spots and stay there. It lets opposing teams act extremely aggressive on the PK and disrupt pretty much any play design we have. Start breaking out of their defined spots and you'll see a few more opportunities develop.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Kassian is starting to put it together. I have not been a huge fan of his but I acknowledged that he had big potential. We'll see if he can play a disciplined game when it matters most.....and im still skeptical about that one. But boy is he making things happen out there

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Our powerplay really needs to be fixed.

Get Weber off of there. As heavy as a shot and as much as he is known as a "PP QB" it wont get us anywhere. Get it back to Edler and Garrison or something different. I really don't know but it's not working

(also doesn't help that we don't have Henrik but even with him in, we were dreadful)

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
almost seems like Gillis knew what he was talking about when he traded for Kassian or it could have been a giant fluke

no, gillis doesn't make trades. HE DOES NOTHING. ROWRRRR. SO FRUSTRATING. DOESN'T HE KNOW WE HAVE NEEDS? must have been a mistake. maybe he thought he was sending cody out to fetch him some buffalo wings.

The Protein Shake*

We look completely lost out there on the PP. The break-in is absolute garbage. Seem's like it turns into a game of hot potato at the blue line and we end up fumbling the puck into the corner where the PKers take it and easily send us back.

Setting up is a result of the terrible break-ins, but when we do gain possession in the O-Zone, it's like we get exited and chuck everything on net from any position on the ice (i.e Higgins).

If we do manage to set up, once again, it's a game of hot potato, where Dank is passing the puck mindlessly to the most open player, Garrison seems to always be on his off-side and is never in position for a one-timer (only nce tonight). Kesler also isn't being set up, or at least set up efficiently. The only shot we got on the PP all night was a one-timer on a 4-on-3 in OT to Kesler, where he took a shot from a 30 degree angle right into the pads of Smith.

Daniel keeps looking like horse *****. Things weren't much better with Hank. We're ranked 28th with the PP with 14.0%, only 0.1% ahead of Buffalo and 5.2% ahead of FLA. Seriously, with the personnel we have, its an atrocity. We don't even threat on the PP, it's just a game of tennis really.

Wetcoaster

Post game presser...

"When the power play struggles it can take on a life of its own," Sullivan said. "Now you’re trying to coach the X’s and O’s, and you’re coaching the mindset. And a fragile mindset."

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Splitting the Sedins when Henrik is back isn't even much of an option the way Daniel is playing. Not much talent to spread, he's really been a disappointment.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Post game presser...

"When the power play struggles it can take on a life of its own," Sullivan said. "Now you’re trying to coach the X’s and O’s, and you’re coaching the mindset. And a fragile mindset."

When has this team not been fragile mentally

Ever since those Blackhawks playoff series for this player personnel core

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Dalpe was playing really well tonight. He was confident and wanted the puck more than anyone else tonight imo. Hustles and didnt quit when he scored that go ahead goal.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Ok...I'm old so perhaps my memory is a bit hazy :laugh:....but I seem to recall watching an Islanders game where the fans were booing some rookie/prospect on their team. Couldn't understand why a guy like that would be subject to the "boo birds" that early/quickly (it was Bertuzzi).

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Kassian
Dalpe - Richardson - Hansen
Booth - Lain - Sestito

Give this a try eventually?

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
But we traded the fourth for him!!!

LOL i remember people complaining about that, I mean how often does a 4th rounder turn into something? And they are fairly easy to reacquire if need be. I've always been a Gillis fan and I'm glad that some of these trades are starting to pan out for him. What was his best/worst trade to date so far?

I consider the Cody/Kass one a fair deal for both sides.

Ehrhoff easy win for us.

Booth/Samuelson meh both players do nothing for me but I was excited about Booth's potential.

What did we give up to get Bernier?

John Belushi

Registered Boozer
Feb 5, 2006
North Vancouver
What did we give up to get Bernier?

2nd and a 3rd. Lost that trade handily, but the difference in Gillis and Nonis when it comes to trades is that its far easier to understand the mindset and reason he does things.

Nonis spent picks on players like Weinrich, Bergevin, Sopel, S. Brown, Ryan Shannon.. all head-scratchers at the time. The only trade that really panned out (Luongo trade aside) was Pyatt for a 4th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad