GDT: Today is Game Day

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The sad/funny thing is that the players, refs, and fans all know who wins in a best of 7 series between these teams.

I need to not let this background noise get to me.

I dunno. If you hadn't noticed, Canes/Leafs games have been WILD of late. I think a series between the two would be a great one to watch.

But given how the playoffs bring out the worst in every fanbase, I don't want to deal with the worst of Toronto's

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So the Dangle recap was actually pretty reasonable. He broke down the game, said he understood where Canes fans were coming from with complaints about officiating, and gave praise to Canes players (Andersen mostly).

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
So the Dangle recap was actually pretty reasonable. He broke down the game, said he understood where Canes fans were coming from with complaints about officiating, and gave praise to Canes players (Andersen mostly).
Honestly it really was a great game with lots of back and forth action, tense moments for both squads, potentially game-saving saves by both goalies (and a softie or two from each), but it was completely overshadowed by putrid, biased officiating.

Reactions: DaveG

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I only saw the condensed game, and it was the leafs feed. In OT they showed a shift counter that deangelo had been out there 2 and a half minutes straight when the goal was scored. Had the canes been unable to get a change for that long?

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I only saw the condensed game, and it was the leafs feed. In OT they showed a shift counter that deangelo had been out there 2 and a half minutes straight when the goal was scored. Had the canes been unable to get a change for that long?

Yes. Necas put a muffin shot into their goalie giving up possession for no particular reason and we couldn't change. I think one player changed after that shot but yeah 2 were stuck.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
The thing is though I have no clue who would win in a 7 game series between us, especially if we continue to be a dominating possession team that gets penalized way more than we draw penalties, which would make sense if we were like the early 2010s Bruins in physicality but we're not. There's something definitely weird going on the league with penalties but I don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole or else I might be dismissed as a conspiracy theorist.
If they let 'em play in the playoffs and put the whistles away as they generally do, this team will be an absolute beast that no one will want to face.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Yes. Necas put a muffin shot into their goalie giving up possession for no particular reason and we couldn't change. I think one player changed after that shot but yeah 2 were stuck.
Even my wife - not a big hockey person asked "what was that? he just lobbed it on goal after all that skating around?"

LOL. yes babe. Thats what you get with Necas.

Reactions: Daeavorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad