Confirmed Signing with Link: Tobias Rieder signs with Växjö Lakers (SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
i doubt it will be the end, hes probably going to score a shit ton of goals this year and nezt and get a contract afterwards

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
That's surprising.

Any team could have just signed Reider. Then he'd have scored 10 or 12 goals, and their team would probably be in the playoffs.

It's, like, a sure thing.

You do realise the last 3 seasons he only has 9 goals? Not sure where you are getting these 10 to 12 goals from. He had a couple of good seasons in Arizona but that back 5 years ago. Once teams figured out how to play him, he was done. He was given top 6 minutes in Edmonton and did nothing with them so he got shuffled down the line. He spent time with both McDavid and Leon and did nothing.

He is more suited to European style of hockey

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
You do realise the last 3 seasons he only has 9 goals? Not sure where you are getting these 10 to 12 goals from. He had a couple of good seasons in Arizona but that back 5 years ago. Once teams figured out how to play him, he was done. He was given top 6 minutes in Edmonton and did nothing with them so he got shuffled down the line. He spent time with both McDavid and Leon and did nothing.

It was a reference

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019

Trust me, I know.

That was a reference to when the Oilers' CEO blamed Reider for their bad season. Ranting about how if Toby Reider had just scored 10 or 12 goals then they would have made the playoffs.

He did it publicly, at a fan event, and even promised that Reider wouldn't get a new contract. It was bananas.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

He was also just cut from a PTO by the worse offensive team from last year: The Ducks.
If he can't make the Ducks roster he's not being signed by any other NHL team.
Was Reider just in Edmonton so Drai has a pal to speak in German to ?

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Odd that Neal got a contract and Rieder couldn't. I'd take Rieder over Neal 10/10

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
And that's why you're not an NHL GM, my friend

I mean most NHL GMs passed on both of them (neither got more than a PTO). Neal getting a contract was more a product of a GM taking a shot at him having another hot October than anything.

Having seen them both score the exact same number of goals in their season with us, but one being a dumpster fire defensively and the other being decent, I'd take the better defensive player for my 4th line (and neither guy should be higher than 4th line)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad