Tkachuk slewfoot on Davidson (Mod Warning Post #255)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Davidson could be out months.

This just keeps getting better.

Regardless of the validity of the slewfoot, the aggressive leaning and grinding Davidson's head into the ice when he is already injured is what pisses me off the most.

That is the crap that is really disrespectful and dirty as hell.

There is absolutely no way that Tkachuk could have been aware of that Davidson was injured at that point.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton

Disgusting. Suspension should be coming. Davidson not returning

This kid already has a rep for being as dirty as they come. Down the road shortly a vet or two will put him in his place. Edgy is fine, but it's not fine to intentionally try to hurt someone and possibly shorten their careers.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Apparently it should be an intense game tonight. Tkachuk has to fight 3 people and if anyone touches McDavid, they'll get it too.

My prediction.... 0 fights

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Apparently it should be an intense game tonight. Tkachuk has to fight 3 people and if anyone touches McDavid, they'll get it too.

My prediction.... 0 fights

A moment of détente here -- it's good to see the Battle of Alberta coming back.

The NHL and hockey fans win when we have the most intense rivalry in the NHL. With the young talent we both have coming up, we should be in for some fun hockey in the years to come.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

The NHL and hockey fans win when we have the most intense rivalry in the NHL. With the young talent we both have coming up, we should be in for some fun hockey in the years to come.

The Lucic vs Engellend fight was perfectly anti-climatic for me. Hardly touch McDavid, Lucic flys in. Engellend punchs him twice then stalls.

I laughed

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The Lucic vs Engellend fight was perfectly anti-climatic for me. Hardly touch McDavid, Lucic flys in. Engellend punchs him twice then stalls.

I laughed

Pretty much hugged it out. Both guys are tough customers and among the toughest in the league. Symbolic as much as anything really, not much of a fight.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

Have to agree. Hopefully its fun and tough hockey, and no injuries like the one here.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Have to agree. Hopefully its fun and tough hockey, and no injuries like the one here.

Yeah we want intensity and physicality, no one seriously wants long term injuries to either side.

Tough hockey where we "hurt" each other not "injuries". There's a big difference between hurt and injury. Hurt is where you feel it but can still play. Hopefully we see the intensity continue with guys playing with 100% effort. Good clean, tough hockey.

A fierce BoA is good for the NHL.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
i have a feeling besides calgary fans not a lot of people are going to like matthew tkachuk and thats good cause thats his style where you would love him on your team but hate playing against him.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
i have a feeling besides calgary fans not a lot of people are going to like matthew tkachuk and thats good cause thats his style where you would love him on your team but hate playing against him.

There is a difference between guys like Gallagher and Marchand and guys like Torres and Cooke.

All are disliked but Gallagher and Marchand are straight up pests. They play with an edge but they know when to reel it in.

Tkachuk was suspended in the OHL for a slewfoot. He was checking a jets player while he was down on the ice in Penticton and now this.

The guy isn't a pest, he is a rat that will be hiding behind refs for however long his career lasts.

Kassian is also a POS but at least he fought.

Dan403

Apr 2, 2014
The Tkachuk hit on Larson was nothing. He separated the man from the puck.

But damn. The whining that I hear. I thought he had killed the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad