Confirmed Signing with Link: [UTA] F Tij Iginla signs ELC with the Utah Hockey Club (3 years, $975k AAV)

Bond

May 10, 2012
Was Tanner Howe rushed? Leon Muggli? Sam Dickinson? Beckett Sennecke? Or Konsta Helenius? How about Stian Solberg or Jett Luchanko? How about Gridin or Parekh or Parascak?
Is there some joke with the weird punctuation

Reactions: BonMorrison

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Was Tanner Howe rushed? Leon Muggli? Sam Dickinson? Beckett Sennecke? Or Konsta Helenius? How about Stian Solberg or Jett Luchanko? How about Gridin or Parekh or Parascak?
Now list the hundreds of rushed players.

Need an explanation there.

Seems, mind numbing.
There doesn’t need an explanation. 99% of 18 year olds are not ready for the NHL in this day and age unless you are some sort of elite superstar, which he isn’t.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
That was just a list of 2024 draft selections who signed ELCs this week. And I didn’t count Celebrini or Levshunov. Around 1/3 of the 1st round picks have signed ELCs already and it’s not even been a month since the draft.
There doesn’t need an explanation. 99% of 18 year olds are not ready for the NHL in this day and age unless you are some sort of elite superstar, which he isn’t.
Who said he’s NHL ready? I don’t think you understand what an ELC is.

Ledge And Dairy

I thought a player had to be 18 to sign an ELC? Iginla is still 17 for like another 3 weeks.
It's based on the players age as of September 15th
1000003835.png

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007

They can sign him to an entry level contract and send him back to juniors if he's not ready. It doesn't burn a year in early July.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I’m so bummed my Sens lost out on this guy one pick before us.

We were taking him if he was there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad